Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Spiderman vs Loki

Standard arena fights, standard equipment plus Loki has his staff. No prep time.
    1. Maguire Spiderman vs MCU Loki
    2. Garfield Spiderman vs MCU Loki
    3. If Loki is too much, both Spidermen team up.

Scenario using current comic book versions:
    Loki needs to capture Spiderman alive and mostly unharmed.
    Loki has 1 week of prep and then 1 week to get Spiderman.
    Spiderman is told Loki is after him giving him 5 days prep but Loki does not know that Spiderman knows.
    Spiderman is tasked with holding off Loki for the week as it will foil his other plans.
    What happens?

I think MacGuire can beat him, but not Garfield. MacGuire Spiderman was ridiculously strong, stopping out of control trains and resisting mini-suns and such.

Ultimate Member

MacGuire Spider-man was hella strong but Garfield Spiderman is ridiculously fast and durable.

I will need to watch TASM 2 again but Garfield Spiderman seemed a bit above bullet timer.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Why bother to include the comic versions? Spidey is a bug to Loki, let alone with prep.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    MacGuire Spider-man was hella strong but Garfield Spiderman is ridiculously fast and durable.

I will need to watch TASM 2 again but Garfield Spiderman seemed a bit above bullet timer.
    He was, between that scene where he jumps acrobatically in between bullets from a machine gun, and the one where his reflexes+spider sense allow him to see everyone he has to save from getting fried by Electro in Times Square.

And yeah, thanks to his TASM 2 feats (dude was strong enough to catch a car mid-flight and support its weight when landing, and durable enough to survive getting hit by Electro, who was shown to be able to kill people by making holes in their chests), he wins against Loki.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 05-05-2014 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Why bother to include the comic versions? Spidey is a bug to Loki, let alone with prep.
    I concur with this statement, it seems that Loki's physical attributes, intelligence and magic ability is too much for Spiderman alone. Unless something occurred that would make it more even.

Amazing Member

I didn't know how powerful comic Loki is.
    Spider-man needs to hold off or evade Loki for a week. Not a 24x7 battle but Loki trying various schemes to capture Spider-man during the week. Is this impossible? Would Peter going on 'vacation' for a week help if Loki's plans are based on Spider-man being in New York? Or could Loki easily track him down?

Quote Originally Posted by FennerMachine View Post
    Is this impossible?
    Yes. Loki has extremely powerful magic at his disposal. Even if Peter were to go to Dr. Strange for help, it still wouldn't be enough; Loki has trounced Strange before. And if, for some reason, Strange were able to pull off some kind of epic veiling spell, Loki could just fight fire with fire and call in the Enchantress to back him up.

Though really, the greater question would be what Loki wants with Peter in the first place.
    Last edited by Primetime Harder; 05-05-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Amazing Member

Because he's Loki. He does mischievous things. No one really knows what Loki wants Spidey for but why take chances? So someone warned him.
    Seems like a moot point though. As several have said Loki will probably, or definitely, get him. I thought Spidey might stand a chance to evade for a week if Loki is not bloodlusted. He's not trying to kill Spider-man but capture him.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Because he's Loki. He does mischievous things. No one really knows what Loki wants Spidey for but why take chances? So someone warned him.
    Seems like a moot point though. As several have said Loki will probably, or definitely, get him. I thought Spidey might stand a chance to evade for a week if Loki is not bloodlusted. He's not trying to kill Spider-man but capture him.
    The problem with evading a "god" is that they always have some way of being omniscient (all seeing)... Loki is known to look into crystal balls, cauldrons, etc and basically say "where's spiderman" and 'peekaboo I see you' him instantly.

Because he's Loki. He does mischievous things. No one really knows what Loki wants Spidey for but why take chances?
    Good point. It would be foolish to assume capturing Spidey is the end goal; Loki would probably want to use him as a pawn to get to Thor. Or something like that.

He's not trying to kill Spider-man but capture him.
    Which, for Loki, is a cakewalk. A simple scrying spell would reveal his location, and then it would be a simple matter to turn him into a frog in a magic glass case and teleport him to wherever Loki wants him to be. Loki has proven able to cast much bigger spells across dimensions, while chained up.
    Last edited by Primetime Harder; 05-05-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Neither movie Spidey can actually hurt Loki all that much but he'd have a hard time tagging either one of them. So he probably gets webbed for his troubles, though he makes them work for it with those illusions of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Neither movie Spidey can actually hurt Loki all that much but he'd have a hard time tagging either one of them. So he probably gets webbed for his troubles, though he makes them work for it with those illusions of his.
    Meh, pretty sure that with his train-stopping feat, Maguire Spidey should have enough oomph to eventually knock Loki out. In the meantime, Loki should have a hard time tagging him.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    In the meantime, Loki should have a hard time tagging him.
    Didn't that staff have AoE blasts?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Didn't that staff have AoE blasts?
    Nope.

His biggest AoE was shoving the furniture in his cell around.