Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default [Spoiler] Batman 78 Preview and Discussion thread

The preview for next week's Batman is up, and it seems fitting to create an all-encompassing discussion thread.

DON'T GO IN THE APPRECIATION THREAD OF KING TO BASH IT, THANKS !

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/batman...e-in-batman-78

Incredible Member

Are they on vacation/training?

Bruce looks like Tom Selleck in Magnum, P.I. I’m thinking this was intentional.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 09-07-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The preview for next week's Batman is up, and it seems fitting to create an all-encompassing discussion thread.

DON'T GO IN THE APPRECIATION THREAD OF KING TO BASH IT, THANKS !

I feel as though Selina might not be Selina. I mean her eyes in this panel and the body language. She looks like she's controlling him . You know like some horror story.

Nice 'stach' Matches. Lol he looks like Magnum P.I.

The art this run has been stellar. Just Beautiful.
    Bruce though has been at his ugliest. On vacation knowing that the man who raised him, his family and Gotham is in Peril or likely destroyed.

This iteration isn't just an incompetent hero he's a disgusting human being.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-07-2019 at 09:16 AM.

*Gotham burns*
    *City under totalitarian regime*
    *Father figure dead*
    "I'll have a ginger ale please"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Are they on vacation/training?
    A bit of both with a dash of travelling it seems since last time they were in France.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    *Gotham burns*
    *City under totalitarian regime*
    *Father figure dead*
    "I'll have a ginger ale please"
    *13 year old son is held hostage by his insane grandfather from another timeline and Bane*

Incredible Member

Seriously, who told King it's a good idea to have an issue in which Alfred assumably died and Damian was taken hostage followed by two issues of Bruce and Selina going on a romantic vacation/romantic training montage? I think Bruce has bigger problems than his relationship with Selina right now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    *13 year old son is held hostage by his insane grandfather from another timeline and Bane*
    IDK why this line made me think of Jon too. Hasn't been a kind year for the Super Sons.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bruce taking a minute to regroup before running back to Gotham seems like a solid move. Don’t see the problem, especially since there’s no way he should know what happened to Alfred or Damian in his absence.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    IDK why this line made me think of Jon too. Hasn't been a kind year for the Super Sons.
    I haven't read much Superman since Bendis took over, but Bruce and Clark certainly aren't going to win father of the year awards anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I feel as though Selina might not be Selina. I mean her eyes in this panel and the body language. She looks like she's controlling him . You know like some horror story.

Nice 'stach' Matches. Lol he looks like Magnum P.I.

The art this run has been stellar. Just Beautiful.
    Bruce though has been at his ugliest. On vacation knowing that the man who raised him, his family and Gotham is in Peril or likely destroyed.

This iteration isn't just an incompetent hero he's a disgusting human being.
    Beautiful on the outside grotesque on the inside and rotten to the core to boot like a 'good looking prostitute riddled with the clap'. That's King's run.

How has King managed to turn one of comics most iconic relationships into something so toxic and repulsive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Seriously, who told King it's a good idea to have an issue in which Alfred assumably died and Damian was taken hostage followed by two issues of Bruce and Selina going on a romantic vacation/romantic training montage? I think Bruce has bigger problems than his relationship with Selina right now.
    That's where you're all mistaken. Bruce isn't on vacation. Tom Selleck is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bruce taking a minute to regroup before running back to Gotham seems like a solid move. Don’t see the problem, especially since there’s no way he should know what happened to Alfred or Damian in his absence.
    Bruce is not a dunce. He knows that his family is in danger. Bane has hanged 3 of his sons, Tho,mas has attacked Alfred at Wayne manor, Dick has been shot and Duke, Kate,Damian and Tim are still his allies working in Gotham. The city that Bane took. To believe that they will get a pass it him being stupid.

Yes he needs time to regroup. This is more than regrouping though. Bruce has taken worse beating and has been hit harder lots of times show me one panel or one story where we saw him take time off and go away in the name iof regrouping. Just one example in the 80 years of Batman getting beat down and emotional torn apart.

It's one thing to try to make excuses but you are acting like we don't read comics here or like we haven't seen enough to that this is extremely out of character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Taking some time to come up with a good plan? Sure. But maybe that should be more focused on Bruce patching things up with the batfamily. I refuse to believe this "Selina is the only one Bruce truly needs" crap King is trying to sell.
    Yes, he doesn't know what happpened last issue, but Gotham is suffering under Bane, that should be reason enough.
    He won't get back to Gotham before issue 80. King thinks we need two issues of this.