Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Psylocke/Kwannon is Japanese and Scalphunter is of the Comanche Tribe (Native American). Could be better...but not entirely 'white'
    Very good point. So, question is Bishop the only black male mutant in the MU? Is there some kind of X-office agenda that follows a one black male mutant quota, to the point that we out having some mutants on 2 and 3 total teams. Furthermore if there is, then when is this office going to finally get writers that are up to the challenge of not being fanboy writers, putting out fanfiction of their 4 favorite characters.
    Last edited by dkrook; 12-06-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Very good point. So, question is Bishop the only black male mutant in the MU? Is there some kind of X-office agenda that follows a one black male mutant quota, to the point that we out having some mutants on 2 and 3 total teams.
    Bishop being the only relevant African American male mutant is really crazy. I wonder if they are just ignoring the issue or if they don't want to introduce new African American characters.

BANNED

Bishop is of aboriginal ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Bishop being the only relevant African American male mutant is really crazy. I wonder if they are just ignoring the issue or if they don't want to introduce new African American characters.
    Rest assured that you are going to hear some folk state that "Writers need to have the freedom to only write their faves " as we are seeing with even this new book that we are doomed with the knowledge that the so-called good writers seem to only be able to write the same circle of characters into big stories. Funny NO black male mutants never make it to the Cyclops, Wolverine, and Magneto status of usage.

Very good point. So, question is Bishop the only black male mutant in the MU? Is there some kind of X-office agenda that follows a one black male mutant quota, to the point that we out having some mutants on 2 and 3 total teams. Furthermore if there is, then when is this office going to finally get writers that are up to the challenge of not being fanboy writers, putting out fanfiction of their 4 favorite characters.
    now I'm just thinking of who all the black male mutants are:

Prodigy (if they can re-power him)
    Tag (if he's alive and on the island)

....that's all I can think of off the top of my head..that really makes me sad...unless there are other black male mutants that got recolored due to their mutation...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by guy_gardner View Post
    now I'm just thinking of who all the black male mutants are:

Prodigy (if they can re-power him)
    Tag (if he's alive and on the island)

....that's all I can think of off the top of my head..that really makes me sad...unless are other black male mutants that got recolored due to their mutation...
    There's Gentle from Wakanda; but damn, you guys are right! Now I'm trying to rack my brain...!

This is something that has bothered me for a while as well. The sad part is when I do try to think of more Black Male Mutants most of them have been killed off or lost their powers
    -Prodigy
    -Synch
    -Maggot
    -Bedlam
    -Gentle
    -Tag
    -Shatter
    -Shola Inkose

I would love to see Bedlam, Synch and Shatter come back and get some serious development tbh.

Edit: However now with the new resurrections they can/or have come back, so they should be up for grabs to use!
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I get the feeling they had no idea what to name this book and just picked Hellions as a ploy to try to trick or lure in fans of actual Hellions teams and will definitely end up going "Well the Hellions just don't sell..." when people don't buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Bishop is of aboriginal ancestry.
    Again, thanks for the correction. So this X-office is pitching an 0-fer in making, and writing a single African American male mutant into a character of significance to occupy a spot on a team like this one even.

Synch has the potential to rise to prominence. I think Prodigy too, and he should be repowered.

Again, thanks for the correction. So this X-office is pitching an 0-fer in making, and writing a single black male mutant into a character of significance to occupy a spot on a team like this one even.
    He's still Black though. Just because Gateway is Aboriginal and his ancestor doesn't get mean his parents were Black. SO it's not exactly 0-fer
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Psylocke/Kwannon is Japanese and Scalphunter is of the Comanche Tribe (Native American). Could be better...but not entirely 'white'
    Are we certain that Nanny and Orphan Maker are white? I don't think I have ever seen them out of their armor. Couldn't they be any ethnicity?

Disappointing. Only one (barely clothed) female on the team and we get Wildchild and Empath?
    Ironically, the Marauders name would make more sense for this team and Hellions would make more sense for Duggan's book (which heavily features the Hellfire Club).
    Sometimes I don't get X-editor logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Disappointing. Only one (barely clothed) female on the team and we get Wildchild and Empath?
    Ironically, the Marauders name would make more sense for this team and Hellions would make more sense for Duggan's book (which heavily features the Hellfire Club).
    Sometimes I don't get X-editor logic.
    Nanny’s a woman too.

Another X Pass for me.