Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    DC seems happier with Grayson than they were with Nightwing. And as the reader Grayson is leaps and bounds better than the previous Nightwing series was.

Having Dick take over as Batman this soon, after they did that not too long ago, does nothing for Dick or Batman. Plus with that run being as good as it was, it'd be hard for them to live up to that run.
    That's the big one for me. LOVE Morrison's Dick Grayson as Batman stories not forgetting Snyder's Black Mirror and Gates of Gotham.

BANNED

Although I Will Love to see Dick as Batman again,if Bruce will have another replacement in couple of years(at least 10)I'd rather see Jason Todd became Bats.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    His face is obscured with a hypnotic implant. Everyone either forgets they ever saw him, or just sees a swirly face.
    Which is an in-universe reason for him to stick with Spyral, who provide that technology. Nobody will recognise him as either Dick Grayson or Nightwing.

(Unless he has his back to them, of course. )

BANNED

He has whole new world to deal with. Going back to Gotham is downgrade.

Synder and Capullo doing some DickBats stories wouldn't be a downgrade in my opinion, but honestly, the reason why he isn't going back to be Batman is less about in universe reasons and more about how Synder already wrote Dick as Batman and probably isn't interested in writing that again. He wants to do something different so that is why we are getting Gordon as Batman. If Synder wanted to write Dick as Batman I'm sure he could have, he is DC's biggest writer, but in interviews he constantly talks about wanting to do new things to keep things interesting for himself.

I mean sure, if Dick actually thinks Bruce is dead I think it would be terribly out of character for him to not immediately go back to Gotham and take up the mantel and be there for all the grieving Batman family members. Them all thinking both him and Bruce are dead is just too cruel. It isn't like Spyral is going to destroy the world or anything while he is away from them. They are just a small time spy organization and I'm sure the things Batman deals with in Gotham and in the JL are much greater concerns in the big picture.

So it is going to be interesting to see how they deal with Dick staying in Spyral. Hopefully they don't just gloss over it like they did with his "death" and public outing.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Although I Will Love to see Dick as Batman again,if Bruce will have another replacement in couple of years(at least 10)I'd rather see Jason Todd became Bats.
    Jason is much better doing his own thing. I don't think he would be a good Batman, or even want to be Batman really.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You simply won't see Dick as Batman again for a long time. He was just Batman as far as DC is concerned and they simply won't go to that well again for another 5 or more years.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Jason is much better doing his own thing. I don't think he would be a good Batman, or even want to be Batman really.
    You're right that's why I Said in 10 years,and with the right development they can pull it off with Jayson,they can do it similar to bucky cap it was a great story and I feel they can do it with Jayson too.
    he can help to rehabilitate young children who turn up for crime like bruce helped him too and it will be badass to see a Batman with a gun(who goes for the kneecaps only if necessary).

DC seems happier with Grayson than they were with Nightwing. And as the reader Grayson is leaps and bounds better than the previous Nightwing series was.

Having Dick take over as Batman this soon, after they did that not too long ago, does nothing for Dick or Batman. Plus with that run being as good as it was, it'd be hard for them to live up to that run.
    Is irrelevant if a story is good or bad for a given character if the DC wants to do it. Nightwing was doing well, (better than many of leaguers book) Forever Evil was terrible for Dick, they didn't care because it was what Johns wanted to do. If Synder wanted Dick would be in the cowl no matter how good, original or fun Grayson is.

That Snyder has no interest is just a happy coincidence, but it makes no sense in universe that Dick would let Gotham without Batman, on he other hand it makes no sense that he stayed away while Gotham burned.

DC doesn't want to do it though, besides it not being the story Snyder wants to tell, and that someone else told that story not that long ago, like i said DC seems happy with Grayson. Much happier than they were with Nightwing. FE wasn't terrible for Dick, it did what needed to be done. DC didn't care because they didn't have a reason to care. No one else was really doing anything with Nightwing, other creators seems to just want to pillage his mythology, and so they didn't really have a good reason to not let Johns do what he wanted to do. Which like how it played out or not forced them to have to try and create new mythology for Dick.

That doesn't seem to be the case now though. DC has a reason to not have Dick be Batman right now, Grayson. They seem to be happy with Grayson and what its trying to do. Inspired by it even. This clearly wasn't the case with Nightwing.

For those looking for an in universe reason im sure they'll come up with something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-01-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I wish he'd take up the mantle again.
    I don't. I've always felt that making him Batman was a big disservice to Dick.

For those looking for an in universe reason im sure they'll come up with something.
    I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it either way. Not getting around to addressing major plot developments seems to be a habit at DC these days. Didn't I hear that Dick died at some point? Strange, you would think somebody would have something to say about that. Oh, and one would think in a city full of policemen, super villains, investigative reporters, and government agents Bruce Wayne's ward (or whatever he is these days) being revealed as Nightwing would bring about some reaction, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 06-02-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Cause he doesn't get to act like James Bond & Ethan Hunt obvs.

I want to see them address this in Grayson cause i feel Spyral would actually want him to takeover the mantle. They'd now have one of their agents as the big three which is massively tempting.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I want to see them address this in Grayson cause i feel Spyral would actually want him to takeover the mantle. They'd now have one of their agents as the big three which is massively tempting.
    Spyral under Mr. Minos would have been interested in that possibly but Spyral under Helena is a whole new ballgame. She and her boss(es) may have no interest in spying on the Bats through Dick right now. From the Sneak Peek she seems more interested in "cleaning up" Spyral's image so as to make Dick more willing to remain there.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I don't know about that. The only real reason to want someone like Dick to work for them is to use him as a way to get to Batman. I firmly believe that Kathy wants him to just mess with Bruce in at least some capacity. Dick doesn't really have anything else to hang his hat on in the New 52 other than being close with Bruce and his right hand man.