Page 65 of 162 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Oh, I agree, it took time for me to grow into this version. I meant specifically the first one you linked with the Purple hair, more greyish skin tone, and yellow eyes. I love that design. I think this design with the red hair is okay, but I'm not in love with it.
    Yeah, purple hair is something I hope makes its way over to a movie version.

I also liked they incorporated her Perez design into her history.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I wasn't the biggest fan of it at first but it definitely grew on me. I liked JLD made use of both it and her Rebirth design.

I loved this moment.

His appearance was so casual, now I'm wondering if next issue I'm gonna turn the page and Giganta is just gonna be chilling on a bolder. But since it seems you have to astral project or be dead to get into Asgard if you're not already a resident, that will probably limit who else shows up this arc.

Also I like how casual he and Diana start having a conversation. Also this version of him seems surprisingly tame? Not that I mind, we'll have to see how his character unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    His appearance was so casual, now I'm wondering if next issue I'm gonna turn the page and Giganta is just gonna be chilling on a bolder. But since it seems you have to astral project or be dead to get into Asgard if you're not already a resident, that will probably limit who else shows up this arc.

Also I like how casual he and Diana start having a conversation. Also this version of him seems surprisingly tame? Not that I mind, we'll have to see how his character unfolds.
    I like to think this is the equivalent of a vacation for him.

I like to think this is the equivalent of a vacation for him.
    Lol, he just astral projects to Asgard to mess with some locals.

Hmm, looks like the Duke was originally planned to have a bigger role in WW84 than just a namedrop.

Geoff Johns: We had toyed around early on about using the Duke of Deception, but it felt like we had already done a god in the first one with the God of War. And we didn’t want to be repetitive with another god.

Interestingly, there were tons of rumors that the Duke of Deception was in the first film over Ares. Poor Duke can't catch a break. He would've been a far more interesting antagonist than Max.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Interestingly, there were tons of rumors that the Duke of Deception was in the first film over Ares. Poor Duke can't catch a break. He would've been a far more interesting antagonist than Max.
    Agreed. Even Dr. Psycho would have been better than Max, and his abysmal role in it. Why do all of the female villains play secondary to the male villains? Dr. Poison to the general, Cheetah to Max. Ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The Duke, Dr. Psycho, or do a gender swap and have Veronica Cale were all candidates I thought they could have put in place over Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Agreed. Even Dr. Psycho would have been better than Max, and his abysmal role in it. Why do all of the female villains play secondary to the male villains? Dr. Poison to the general, Cheetah to Max. Ffs.
    All the more reason for Circe in the third film, she plays second fiddle to no one.

At least Cheetah will (probably) be coming back and Max definitely wont be.

At leas the Duke got Scooby Doo

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Poison was ROBBED... I felt that she was actually the most interesting villain in that film. I'm also surprised how her look and raspy whisper like voice hasn't really carried over into comics...well maybe I understand how her voice didn't carry over into comics... Oh well, at least she survived in the film in comparison to her male villain counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Poison was ROBBED... I felt that she was actually the most interesting villain in that film. I'm also surprised how her look and raspy whisper like voice hasn't really carried over into comics...well maybe I understand how her voice didn't carry over into comics... Oh well, at least she survived in the film in comparison to her male villain counterparts.
    She was supposed to show up in JL 2 as part of the Legion of Doom. She had found a way to prolong her life and wanted revenge on Diana for stopping her plans, so she didn't die for a reason.