Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I like him best in the 90s cartoon where he’s just a big ol’ teddy bear. The 2000s made him too edgy but I think Percy is doing a good job of making the years of inconsistent characterization seem like a personality trait.
    I like to always think of him the way he was in the 90's cartoon.

BANNED

X-Factor #51 Feb 1990
    "Home!" First appearances of Opal Tanaka and Charlotte Jones.
    In New York, two surviving Morlocks, Mole and Chicken Wing, are hunted by Sabretooth.
    Chicken Wing is killed, but Mole uses his power to escape into a building.
    Watching from Apocalypse's base in the Himalayas, Caliban yearns to go to New York
    and use his new powers to kill Sabretooth, but Apocalypse insists he must have patience.

Meanwhile, X-Factor returns to Earth,

and Ship lands himself upright

where the old X-Factor building was,

transforming himself into a skyscraper.
    Elsewhere, Opal Tanaka discovers Mole in
    the basement of the record store where she works, but agrees to let him stay.
    Back at Ship, X-Factor's return has caught the attention of the press and the police, but their helicopters are caught in a scrum
    and X-Factor springs into action to rescue everyone, including police officer Charlotte Jones.

On the ground, they hold a press conference,where Beast is reunited with Trish Tilby.
    But Archangel is uncomfortable with the attention, and feeling his
    wings responding to his fury, he flies off before he hurts someone.
    The press is dismayed, but Charlotte Jones sticks up for him.
    Sabretooth watches from a nearby rooftop as Archangel flies by,
    while in the Himalayas, Caliban disobeys Apocalypse and teleports himself to New York.
    However, this pleases Apocalypse, who wanted Caliban to take the initiative, believing that,
    in time, Caliban's predations will cause all mutants to come together in strength to stand against him.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom.

BANNED

X-Factor #52 Mar 1990
    "Celebrity!"
    Archangel watches from above as Officer Charlotte Jones discovers the body of the Morlock Wings,
    then saves her from a gang of crackheads before flying off, fighting the urge to kill the criminals.
    As he leaves, Sabretooth, watching from a nearby rooftop, shoots him down with an assault rifle.
    Meanwhile, Scott, Jean, Hank and Trish Tilby are on a double date

when the restaurant is attacked by giant cockroaches.
    Meannwhile, Opal arrives at work and drops off dinner for Mole, who is still hiding in the basement of the music store.
    On a snowy rooftop, Sabretooth checks the fallen Archangel, but gets his face slashed by Archangel's wings.

At the restaurant, Cyclops, Marvel Girl and Beast battle the massive bugs,

finding it all familiar, as Bobby, babysitting Christopher, arrives at the music store where Opal works.
    Smitten with Opal, who's angry at Ship for blocking the sunlight from her apartment, he asks her out.

Elsewhere, Archangel and Sabretooth continue to fight, with Sabretooth gutting Archangel.
    At the restaurant, Marvel Girl heads to the roof, where she discovers
    the Locust coordinating the attack, and she & Beast quickly defeat him.

At Power Records, Opal and Bobby leave on their date,
    followed by Mole, who fears for Opal's safety with Sabretooth on the loose.
    Elsewhere, Sabretooth taunts Archangel, telling him he laced his claws with a nerve poison, but Archangel
    manages to lash out with his wings, gutting Sabretooth as well, and the pair collapse into the bloody snow.

Story by Louise Simonson. Art by Terry Shoemaker and Al Milgrom.

Thanks, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the Simonson's X-Factor, this makes me want to dig my old issues out the trunk!

He’s a hero but he’s a bad person.

Also Cat Beast is best Beast.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I miss when he was a good person and making fun of his friends. That was a joke. Sort of.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I miss when he was a good person and making fun of his friends. That was a joke. Sort of.

He was great, sadly Marvel likes to turn their super genius into arrogant douches trying to give them some deep but Beast is more lovable as a fun guy.

I miss when he was a genius AND a wisecracker. I think it gave him more personality than the angsty stuff ever did.

He was the kinda guy that would tell some kind of scientific joke that nobody else gets and would absolutely crack himself up doing so. I think getting Kelsey Grammer to play him they just nailed it. With a better script that could have gone down as one of the best casting choice in superhero movies.

Have Beast and Scott had any on panel interaction since Scott was brought back? I cant recall them talking in this era

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Have Beast and Scott had any on panel interaction since Scott was brought back? I cant recall them talking in this era
    I think that i had pretty much read everything that Scott did post-resurrection (except The Champions issue), so i'm almost sure that they haven't talked in the current status quo, on-screen.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fantastic Member

He's a hypocrite for the most part. But I always thought that more could have been done with Beast from the start. And his natural progression should have turned him into Dark Beast

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post

Fun-loving, wisecracking Beast is indeed sorely missed.

I really miss the Beast from the classic early 80s Avengers years when he was best friends with Wonder Man.

*sigh* the good old days.

Complicated character, usually misunderstood.

He is the true heir of Xavier. He has all his good intentions, moral superiority and hypocrisy.