Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Future State

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We pretty much know Yara is going to be Wonder Girl in the present-day DCU, Andy is too young to really do anything now, and I feel like there's no room in the current Flash Family for Kid Quick since they're nominally Kid Flash and seem to be the last Speedster standing by this point.

It's kind of a similar issue with bringing in Jo in as far as the present-day DCU, especially when they're promoting John as the main GL and we don't know what's going on with the 5 other Earth Lanterns.
    Still don't understand why they choose to kill Wallace instead of making him Future State Flash, i would rather read his adventures in the Future than what in actually got.
    It can't be because of age since Jace Fox is already a grown man in the current timeline and Andy is a baby girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Still don't understand why they choose to kill Wallace instead of making him Future State Flash, i would rather read his adventures in the Future than what in actually got.
    It can't be because of age since Jace Fox is already a grown man in the current timeline and Andy is a baby girl.
    Isn't Kid Quick the Earth-11 version of Wallace? It seems like they are, even if Wallace isn't related to Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The books take place at different times in the Future State timeline.

Future State Timeline.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    The books take place at different times in the Future State timeline.

Future State Timeline.jpg
    I know that, i'm saying that the age could not be the reason why they didn't choose Wallace to be the Flash, since he would be older than his collegues of the JL.

Wallace could be a older Flash in the Future State, just like Jace is the oldest hero of the bunch in that JL preview.

Nothing against Earth-11 Flash but I don't think any of the creative decisions they're making with the Future State Flash Family make a lot of sense.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well now I'm upset I missed a story about the Time Luchadores.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Tried Swamp Thing, Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman was pretty much Joelle Jones showing off her good art. Like I needed that after seeing those Superman back-up stories.

Swamp Thing was OK. They teased an Infinity Inc. plot so I guess some people will stick around for that.

Harley Quinn was a nice surprise. The art reminded me of an Animatrix piece and they used Harley and Scarecrow pretty well.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

For me Wonder Woman was definitely the best of the bunch but I'm not seeing a lot of love for Swamp Thing was I also felt was really solid.
    I said earlier that there was a pattern to the trouble with the other Future State books (Batman and Superman)but Ram V quickly and easily breaks away from that with this issue. Instead of a complex concept requiring a lot of time to build up V goes with the tried and true idea of humanity falling prey to a vague apocalypse and then sets out to just tell a solid Swamp Thing story set in that future. With out needing all those pages devoted to exposition there's a lot more page time to devote to great storytelling and it's not just same old, same old either as he does add in a whole new future element unique to his work that does embrace the spirit of Future State...he shows us that after all these years Swamp Thing devised a way to grow more Swamp People and set about creating himself a tribe of them to populate the desolate world. It's a great concept and it not only feels true to Swamp Thing as it's understandable that he'd feel alone with out humanity but it creates a fantastic bout of drama when it's revealed that there are in fact humans still alive. Which is more important, the remembered humanity of Alec Holland or the beauty of a pure world of Green shared with his new family? I don't know what the answer will ultimately be but it's a great way to explore the character and I'm excited to see where it goes.

In a perfect match to the plot Perkins art here is an incredibly strong element of the narrative. Not only does he deliver an amazing sense of brooding to good ol' Swampy that fits his stature as a classic horror character but he gives a unique presence to the rest of Swamp Thing's family as well and yet as different as they all are from each other there is a definite feeling of kinship between them in much the same way that one could tell a group of humans are related to one another.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. Superman of Metropolis suffers since it's relies on stories that don't exist (Clark leaving, fighting Brainiac, Brainiac's body becoming Brain Cells, those bad humans getting Brain Cells, etc.)

I still need to read Next Batman but the spoilers kinda killed my enthusiasm but I really hope the team did a good job like HQ.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. Superman of Metropolis suffers since it's relies on stories that don't exist (Clark leaving, fighting Brainiac, Brainiac's body becoming Brain Cells, those bad humans getting Brain Cells, etc.)

I still need to read Next Batman but the spoilers kinda killed my enthusiasm but I really hope the team did a good job like HQ.
    It suffers from a ton of exposition but the character moments are solid.

Extraordinary Member

EXCLUSIVE: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON AND RAM V TEASE DC'S FUTURE STATE: JUSTICE LEAGUE & JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

Some preview pages in there for JL Dark we haven't seen before I believe..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: JOSHUA WILLIAMSON AND RAM V TEASE DC'S FUTURE STATE: JUSTICE LEAGUE & JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

One little thing that caught my attention in this article

“When we started to talk about the team, I knew I wanted a Flash, but not one I had written before.“

I can understand the thought but uh didn’t in 100 issues he write at least every Flash in existence?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    One little thing that caught my attention in this article

“When we started to talk about the team, I knew I wanted a Flash, but not one I had written before.“

I can understand the thought but uh didn’t in 100 issues he write at least every Flash in existence?
    Yes that’s why they went with Kid Quick. It was either that or creating a new Flash like Yara and Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

It's nice to see Zee in fishnets again, setting aside the circumstances...

Zatanna and Etrigan reminds me...didn't they hook up in Future's End?