Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Invincible vs The Plutonian

Both are aiming to kill. Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Plutonian was like some kind of mad reality warping god. Mark's tough but he's way out of his depth here.

Ultimate Member

Yep, Plutonian was later revealed to be more of a reality warped than a Superman pastiche.

He’s in an entirely different weight class to Invincible.

I wouldn't look into the whole reality warping thing too much tbh. The writers seemingly were making it up as they go, as such those abilities weren't well defined. He still got pummeled into submission and raped even after finding out what he could do. With what he has shown, he is arguably no stronger than Mark, but has heat vision to add more to his skill set and gives him range game. Plus he has shown to have a fraction of light reactions(though he is not consistent in terms of speed, he even managed to blitz himself once for crying out loud). He is arguably tougher, given him withstanding a gravity generator that allegedly pushed out a force comparable to that of a black hole.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Didn't that beatdown involve entire stars being consumed with every punch? That is pretty above Mark's output.

Pluto’s literally rewrites reality, could affect the multiverse and seemed only weak to magic.

Mark is fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Pluto’s literally rewrites reality, could affect the multiverse and seemed only weak to magic.
    Yeah that never happened no. He only messes with reality in terms of making his specific powerset work while not breaking the laws of physics. That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Didn't that beatdown involve entire stars being consumed with every punch? That is pretty above Mark's output.
    Not exactly no. One star in a distant galaxy died out the same time Plut was getting beaten on. Not sure if that was due to the he/she that was beating on him and draining that specific far off star for power, or if it was just for dramatic purposes.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yeah that never happened no. He only messes with reality in terms of making his specific powerset work while not breaking the laws of physics. That's about it.

Not exactly no. One star in a distant galaxy died out the same time Plut was getting beaten on. Not sure if that was due to the he/she that was beating on him and draining that specific far off star for power, or if it was just for dramatic purposes.
    No, I just checked.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...irr_35_020.jpg
    https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...4199-39005.jpg

"For every blow you force me to land, an entire star system dies." We see a star go out as the villain monologues about it. What is your argument? That that was the only star that got drained? Because the villain in question uses pretty precise language and the camera is being kept on the action.

I mean yea, if comics were as specific as that all the time we wouldn't have much in the way of nebulous/wishy-washy feats.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I met at the end. Plutonian willed himself to spread to other universes hinting all capes Superman style people originated from him.

Yeah the end of Irredeemable hints that is why Superman like beings exist in general.

I met at the end. Plutonian willed himself to spread to other universes hinting all capes Superman style people originated from him.

Yeah the end of Irredeemable hints that is why Superman like beings exist in general.
    I like that. It even sort of explains why all these Supermen keep rumbling here. I mean, you think it would get a bit dull arguing the nuances of a fight between two guys with nearly identical power sets, but perhaps they are all parts of an original whole that are drawn together in violent opposition.

Plutonian didn't will himself to spread to other universes, Qubit did. He used his portals to send Plutonian's essence throughout multiple universes, as a way to "redeem" Plutonian by ensuring his legacy potentially did some good somewhere.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Plutonian didn't will himself to spread to other universes, Qubit did. He used his portals to send Plutonian's essence throughout multiple universes, as a way to "redeem" Plutonian by ensuring his legacy potentially did some good somewhere.
    Ahh it’s been forever since I read it. But yeah his mojo still made Supes on said realities. And that ending makes more sense.

Ahh it’s been forever since I read it. But yeah his mojo still made Supes on said realities. And that ending makes more sense.
    It doesn't put his own powers while alive on some multiversal scale all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It doesn't put his own powers while alive on some multiversal scale all the same.
    He was fucking with reality while together and when he got scattered, every single piece became a being with the super man power set.

I do not mean like living tribunal in governing realities. I mean the powers work no matter where they end up ( Labelling it because in the case of the infinity stones, only one set works pre universe.)