Page 588 of 750 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598638688 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Thank you. But, paper is hard. Drawing has more rules. You have to take into account that when drawing a person is transferring a 3d subject into a 2d subject. I am better at drawing than the average person, but compared to people like Muad dib I'm a toddler. Plus, I was blessed with natural talent as a sculpter.
    I have had this conversation many times with many different types of people. Most would get a better sense of accomplishment buying some modeling clay over drawing. I say this because one of my degrees was art education and, although I never got my license to teach, experience and "the rules" for drawing compared to modeling or carving for children and adults are much easier for 3d representation. The illustrators I worked with were amazing. Not only could they draw with perspective, they could produce blueprint like line art for us sculptors to use for our projects. Nothing but respect for those that can whip out a drawing in minutes. An incredible skill.
    It all comes from the sense of taking a blank slate(paper, rock, clay, canvas, etc.) and creating something with it, using different tools.

I used to draw as a kid and the older I got the greater sense of satisfaction I got from it. I stopped drawing for a long time and recently started again.

I don't have the speed I want and I'm working on creating original works but I plan to keep improving my skills.

So I finally got around to roughing this tribal panther mask out yesterday. Took longer than I wanted to get around to this because I rearranged my work area and then finished up a pendant for my wife.
    This is only my 5th of 6th stone carving, and it is not done, so be gentle. I'm not sure what kind of stone. I'm thinking chert, which is flint, with a little quartz vein running through. The ears are off quite a bit from the movie mask due to using a post movie product for my line art and not having complete facility with the little stone bandsaw I just started using.
    I'm going to make the teeth from the mask out of sterling silver. Metalsmithing is also relatively new to me.
    Attachment 101744
    My man, this is superb work! Marvel and I are struggling on paper while your carving out on stone lol! This is really REALLY good

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    It all comes from the sense of taking a blank slate(paper, rock, clay, canvas, etc.) and creating something with it, using different tools.

I used to draw as a kid and the older I got the greater sense of satisfaction I got from it. I stopped drawing for a long time and recently started again.

I don't have the speed I want and I'm working on creating original works but I plan to keep improving my skills.
    Speaking of which, I started on my next drawing, I'm doing it on my tablet this time instead of paper. So the intention is to color it. I decided to wait on drawing the HZ, DM and Wakandan soldiers and instead am working on a drawing all of us BP fans wanted to see and should of seen in the comics

Mighty Member

It is certainly a discipline. Like working out but for your brain. Muscle memory and all that. My wife just got into drawing and water colors. She really talented, but wo t take my word for it. Both you and Ezyo inspired me to post my work. I think both of you have some talent and a passion that could lead you somewhere.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Speaking of which, I started on my next drawing, I'm doing it on my tablet this time instead of paper. So the intention is to color it. I decided to wait on drawing the HZ, DM and Wakandan soldiers and instead am working on a drawing all of us BP fans wanted to see and should of seen in the comics
    Alright bro! Looking to see what you put out.

Speaking of, here's my latest original piece.

Black Panther Hakouden.jpg

My version of BP performing a Hadouken. A Wa-kou-den!

Astonishing Member

So I finally got around to roughing this tribal panther mask out yesterday. Took longer than I wanted to get around to this because I rearranged my work area and then finished up a pendant for my wife.
    This is only my 5th of 6th stone carving, and it is not done, so be gentle. I'm not sure what kind of stone. I'm thinking chert, which is flint, with a little quartz vein running through. The ears are off quite a bit from the movie mask due to using a post movie product for my line art and not having complete facility with the little stone bandsaw I just started using.
    I'm going to make the teeth from the mask out of sterling silver. Metalsmithing is also relatively new to me.
    Attachment 101744
    That's really amazing man! For your 5th try it looks great

Astonishing Member

https://www.polygon.com/2020/10/26/2...-abigail-brand

Looks like the X-Office is gonna have some more fun with the Black Panther mythos lol. The upcoming cosmic X-book SWORD will have a Wakandan ambassador as part of its supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it was more a desire to distinguish her from T'Challa. Personality-wise, they were very different (and the change pretty much did a 180 with her personality), but I think they wanted to avoid "female Black Panther." Even Wakanda's answer to Tony Stark is an approach different from what came before, so the motivation seems the same even if the approach is different.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/10/26/2...-abigail-brand

Looks like the X-Office is gonna have some more fun with the Black Panther mythos lol. The upcoming cosmic X-book SWORD will have a Wakandan ambassador as part of its supporting cast.
    Can't get enough. Ewing's writing this so we'll see how he handles the Wakanda/Krakoa dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Check you messages, I think you got a call from a certain Wakandan King.

Astonishing Member

Can't get enough. Ewing's writing this so we'll see how he handles the Wakanda/Krakoa dynamic.
    Ewing had Wolverine chastise She-Hulk about mutant oppression and the need for Krakoa. In her own book. He's almost definitely a bigger X-fan than he is a BP fan so I'm fully expecting the **** characterization and contrived writing that we've gotten from Vita Ayala and writers like them. If we don't, then great but I'm over DOX increasing the X-office's use of Black Panther and his supporting characters. It always ends up hurting the brand and making T'Challa look bad. But we'll see.

Alright bro! Looking to see what you put out.

Speaking of, here's my latest original piece.

Black Panther Hakouden.jpg

My version of BP performing a Hadouken. A Wa-kou-den!
    Ha ha Yes! The wa-kou-den! Yeah I am hyped about this drawing, it's going to be hard because I haven't drawn something this dynamic but I'm excited to try it

did this a while ago. trying to mix the movie design with the show design.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

did this a while ago. trying to mix the movie design with the show design.
    Man, this is just sweet! Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Ha ha Yes! The wa-kou-den! Yeah I am hyped about this drawing, it's going to be hard because I haven't drawn something this dynamic but I'm excited to try it
    Okay bro, get on that work!

I'm currently working on a Namor pic from the cover of Rise of the Black Panther #2.