Page 206 of 271 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I remember Cabe from Demon in a Bottle. Nice lady. Didn't know about Fujikawa and especially Jan. I guess Jan and Hank are done now? I like Tony as a womanizer. I mean, I'm happy he achieved domestic bliss with Pepper in the movies, but he really is by nature a lady's man. I don't really have a problem with him loving the finer things in life too. Stephen is very literate and learned, that's for sure. He doesn't punch and kick his way to victory like so many other heroes, so I'm pleased he's caught on with general audiences. I understand that Wanda and Vision are serious. And I get that they're not quippy characters. But their relationship is so flat out quirky and unconventional, it should be made more humorous. At least they acknowledged that in the trailer. I'm also very pleased that the show is going the Vision is a human stuck in an android's body route as opposed to the Vision is a robot who is trying to learn how to be more human (like Data). That means he can be allowed to be less robotic and more funny. I am a little disappointed that Marvel Comics is not publishing any new Vision and Scarlet Witch series. The only explanation I have for that is that the creators at Marvel have literally just run out of ideas for the two characters. I think that's why folks at Marvel love Magneto as Wanda's dad. They love "daddy issues" stories so much. This has even bled into the movies. I HATED how Peter Parker's parents were SO focused upon in the Amazing Spider-Man flicks (they literally killed off my interest for Spider-Man). Like I said, it makes you wonder if the people creating the stories for the MCU go to bed listening to "The Living Years" by Mike + The Mechanics EVERY NIGHT. I do think Wanda being a mom is so much fun. I'm looking forward to seeing that dynamic on screen. I'm one of the few people that think Vision might NOT actually turn white later in the series. I mean, that would require different colored make-up for Bettany, and I don't see Disney going through the trouble with that. I do think Vision will adopt a human form in public a lot. And that's one thing I don't get about the show. The whole wide world knows who Vision is due to that Far From Home memorial, and yet Wanda wants him to hide his identity in WandaVision? I don't get it. I also didn't understand why Wanda and Vision "embraced" in their Edinburgh hotel room while he adopted his human form. I guess Wanda isn't THAT tolerant of android appearances in the MCU.
    Hank and Jan have been done for a long time.

I think Tony is better as a character who has grown and matured. He had his womanizing moments, but I like when he finds someone to care about, who cares about him.

I don't know what Marvel's problem is for Wanda or Vision. I know they don't want them back as a couple, but they could still exist independently. I'm not sure it's about running out of ideas. Because they've had the same basic premise for events for about 15 years now. And they keep doing it.

I also don't know what their positioning is about Mags being the twins' father. They did write it out. And Brevoort did state that part of that is because Mags has to be tied to WWII but they want to keep the twins young. I hate Marvel's obsession with making all dads awful and a lot of the male characters inept. I think it's a side symptom of wanting everything to be dark.

I don't see different color make up being a problem for Disney or Marvel. They did turn Vision gray when he died. I think Wanda is trying to keep them from being harassed or outcast. Which is touching on some of the things they had to deal with in comics. People weren't so accepting of her and Vision. It's not Wanda that's the problem or cause there but people's perceptions. You see it in how people use Wanda being with Vision as an attempt to insult her. Despite years of science fiction having relationships occur between synthezoids and humans.

Wanda and Vision changed their looks in IW to hide from the Black Order. It explained it in the movie. So Vision being Victor Shade had nothing to do with Wanda. It had to do with their safety. It also is an easter egg for comics fans who remember his human appearance. Victor Shade had more to do with Vision's insecurities brought on by discrimination than what Wanda preferred. She always accepted Vision how he was regardless.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Hank and Jan have been done for a long time.

I think Tony is better as a character who has grown and matured. He had his womanizing moments, but I like when he finds someone to care about, who cares about him.

I don't know what Marvel's problem is for Wanda or Vision. I know they don't want them back as a couple, but they could still exist independently. I'm not sure it's about running out of ideas. Because they've had the same basic premise for events for about 15 years now. And they keep doing it.

I also don't know what their positioning is about Mags being the twins' father. They did write it out. And Brevoort did state that part of that is because Mags has to be tied to WWII but they want to keep the twins young. I hate Marvel's obsession with making all dads awful and a lot of the male characters inept. I think it's a side symptom of wanting everything to be dark.

I don't see different color make up being a problem for Disney or Marvel. They did turn Vision gray when he died. I think Wanda is trying to keep them from being harassed or outcast. Which is touching on some of the things they had to deal with in comics. People weren't so accepting of her and Vision. It's not Wanda that's the problem or cause there but people's perceptions. You see it in how people use Wanda being with Vision as an attempt to insult her. Despite years of science fiction having relationships occur between synthezoids and humans.

Wanda and Vision changed their looks in IW to hide from the Black Order. It explained it in the movie. So Vision being Victor Shade had nothing to do with Wanda. It had to do with their safety. It also is an easter egg for comics fans who remember his human appearance. Victor Shade had more to do with Vision's insecurities brought on by discrimination than what Wanda preferred. She always accepted Vision how he was regardless.
    Forgive me if I appear excited while typing. I just watched an amazing online tribute concert to Jerry Lee Lewis, so I am so STOKED right now.

I had no idea that Hank and Jan called it quits. I'm so used to them being together, so that's a bit of a surprise to me. When it comes to Tony, I'm happy that he found happiness in the MCU. Wasn't it Nat King Cole who sang that "the greatest thing you'll ever learn, Is just to love and be loved in return?" So if Tony got that in the comics, that's great too. I'm scared of Marvel making Vision and Wanda a couple again. For the simple reason that somewhere down the line he'll be disassembled AGAIN, and then she'll go crazy AGAIN. Marvel loves that kind of story for those two. I don't think comic books do a good job of making their heroes parents. A lot of the fathers would be more suited to be guests on Maury. I don't get the hostility to synthezoid/human relationships. I acknowledge it is pretty weird, but it's entirely fictional so it doesn't bother me at all.

Now that you mention it, I'm curious if Disney will go the route of making the Vision family "persecuted" because of the weirdness of it. The MCU basically dances around the subjects of bigotry and discrimination, so I think they'll just make it humorous. I understand why Wanda and Vision changed their looks while they went undercover in Infinity War. What I don't get is why in the privacy of their OWN hotel room, Vision adopted his human form. I totally get that he changed his appearance when they could be seen in public. Vision literally looked like Paul Bettany in that suite, and I thought that was an odd creative decision. Was he worried Wanda would make fun of his purple face? And yes, I guess Disney/Marvel can make Vision gray now that you reminded me of it. I'm not sure if they'll actually do it, but I guess they could. I think it's hilarious they're making Agatha Harkness a bit of a clown. She was pretty serious in the comics, and it was a bit strange to see her acting so chill. As I said before, I think she survives this series and forms a relationship with Wanda and others later on. I'm just REALLY hoping Disney doesn't use WandaVision to merely set up future movies and shows. I HATED it when the films did that. And I also HATE the fact that solo hero movies are becoming like ensemble movies more and more. The Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man and Ant-Man movies have done a great job of being mostly self-contained. The Incredible Hulk, first two Captain America films, Captain Marvel and Black Panther were fine that way too. But I worry that the new Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and Captain Marvel flicks will be "Avengers-lite" pictures. Too many underdeveloped characters and concepts being introduced at the expense of the titular characters' development. If solo movies turn into Avengers movies, I think things get boring and predictable. I think WandaVision should be okay though because of its length.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE Paul Bettany's Vision and would definitely like to see more of him in future MCU projects. But I do acknowledge there is a benefit to ending his story in WandaVision as well. I think it's great when characters and athletes go out like champs and don't overstay their welcomes. And unlike the comic books and cartoons, their arcs can conclude in satisfactory ways without their characters getting tortured for years on end. Plus, as much as I hate to say it, Pietro and Vision dying makes Wanda more popular. I think the MCU is pushing it by returning to the "Bro Thor" theme in Love and Thunder. I do think audiences will get tired of that act if they keep going back to it (although I thought it was hysterically funny in Ragnarok).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-27-2020 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Forgive me if I appear excited while typing. I just watched an amazing online tribute concert to Jerry Lee Lewis, so I am so STOKED right now.

I had no idea that Hank and Jan called it quits. I'm so used to them being together, so that's a bit of a surprise to me. When it comes to Tony, I'm happy that he found happiness in the MCU. Wasn't it Nat King Cole who sang that "the greatest thing you'll ever learn, Is just to love and be loved in return." So if Tony got that in the comics, that's great too. I'm scared of Marvel making Vision and Wanda a couple again. For the simple reason that somewhere down the line he'll be disassembled AGAIN, and then she's go crazy AGAIN. Marvel loves that kind of story for those two. I don't think comic books do a good job of making their heroes parents. A lot of the fathers would be more suited to be guests on Maury. I don't get the hostility to synthezoid/human relationships. I acknowledge it is pretty weird, but it's entirely fictional so it doesn't bother me at all.

Now that you mention it, I'm curious if Disney will go the route of making the Vision family "persecuted" because of the weirdness of it. The MCU basically dances around the subjects of bigotry and discrimination, so I think they'll just make it humorous. I understand why Wanda and Vision changed their looks while they went undercover in Infinity War. What I don't get is why in the privacy of their OWN hotel room, Vision adopted his human form. I totally get that he changed his appearance when they could be seen in public. Vision literally looked like Paul Bettany in that suite, and I thought that was an odd creative decision. Was he worried Wanda would make fun of his purple face? And yes, I guess Disney/Marvel can make gray now that you reminded me of it. I'm not sure if they'll actually do it, but I guess they could. I think it's hilarious they're making Agatha Harkness a bit of a clown. She was pretty serious in the comics, and it was a bit strange to see her acting so chill. As I said before, I think she survives this series and forms a relationship with Wanda and others later on. I'm just REALLY hoping Disney doesn't use WandaVision to merely set up future movies and shows. I HATED it when the films did that. And I also HATE the fact that solo hero movies are becoming likeensemble movies more and more. The Iron Man, Thor, Spider-Man and Ant-Man movies have done a great job of being mostly self-contained. The Incredible Hulk, first two Captain America films, Captain Marvel and Black Panther were fine that way too. But I worry that the new Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, and Captain Marvel flicks will be "Avengers-lite" pictures. Too many underdeveloped characters and concepts being introduced at the expense of the titular characters' development. If solo movies turn into Avengers movies, I think things get boring and predictable. I think WandaVision should be okay though because of its length.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE Paul Bettany's Vision and would definitely like to see more of him in future MCU projects. But I do acknowledge there is a benefit to ending his story in WandaVision as well. I think it's great when characters and athletes go out like champs and don't overstay their welcomes. And unlike the comic books and cartoons, their arcs can conclude in satisfactory ways without their characters getting tortured for years on end. Plus, as much as I hate to say it, Pietro and Vision dying makes Wanda more popular. I think the MCU is pushing it by returning to the "Bro Thor" theme in Love and Thunder. I do think audiences will get tired of that act if they keep going back to it (although I thought it was hysterically funny in Ragnarok).
    I'm also hoping that Wanda (and Doctor Strange too) get their time for their own stories and aren't just a vehicle for everyone else. I honestly like movie Vision better than comics Vision. Because too many times they had comics Vision act like a jerk to add unnecessary drama. And it never felt right. I'm not sure what makes Wanda more popular, but I'm just happy she is. Comics have neglected her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

More adorableness

Fantastic Member

Is it at all weird that I want a cute Agatha Harkness with her cat, and a cute little Chthon clutching his beloved Darkhold?

Ok. It is weird of me.

These merch are so delightfully cute, and are a welcome antidote to the nauseating articles that keep saying WandaVision should not be about the title characters and should be used as an X-Men vehicle. Those are really grinding my gears. I long for the day when people stop seeing Wanda as a plot device, a "wishing well on legs", to quote Londo Mollari from Babylon 5.

I do feel with Vision, Feige is going for the deceased-character-comes-back-to-help-their-love move-on-from-their-death-and grow-trope, that Vision returns to her when she needs him most. It has the potential to be a real tear-jerker and love story, and a story (I hope) where Wanda and Vision actually get to be the heroes of their own story.
    Last edited by Relugus; 10-29-2020 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Correction

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Is it at all weird that I want a cute Agatha Harkness with her cat, and a cute little Chthon clutching his beloved Darkhold?

Ok. It is weird of me.

These merch are so delightfully cute, and are a welcome antidote to the nauseating articles that keep saying WandaVision should not be about the title characters and should be used as an X-Men vehicle. Those are really grinding my gears. I long for the day when people stop seeing Wanda as a plot device, a "wishing well on legs", to quote Londo Mollari from Babylon 5.

I do feel with Vision, Feige is going for the deceased-character-comes-back-to-help-their-love move-on-from-their-death-and grow-trope, that Vision returns to her when she needs him most. It has the potential to be a real tear-jerker and love story, and a story (I hope) where Wanda and Vision actually get to be the heroes of their own story.
    Well, I have seen cute Chthulu figures, so why not... That being said I hope they gave Chthon a unique and goodlooking design, I mean sometimes he looks like a grey goblin/orc under the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post

Ok. It is weird of me.

Yeah seeing these figures is alot better than seeing the 500th Wanda should do a Reverse HOM post.

If they do go with the deceased-character-comes-back-to-help-their-love move-on-from-their-death-and grow-trope it would be very sad

Astonishing Member

Speaking of the Darkhold, is that definitely cancelled or is it moved to next spring?

Cancelled and forgotten.

Astonishing Member

Cancelled and forgotten.
    Well crud. The fact that Shang-Chi, the Eternals, F&WS and Black Widow all have their synergy stuff ongoing despite the delays while Wanda noticeably doesn’t makes me worried

Fantasy Flight Announces Scarlet Witch Hero Pack for Marvel Champions

Cancelled and forgotten.
    Do you have a Source?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Google doesn't come up with any results for The Darkhold being cancelled. Neither does Steve Orlando's Twitter page.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-29-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Speaking of the Darkhold, is that definitely cancelled or is it moved to next spring?
    Last we heard about it, Cebulski said the book was still coming. But there hasn't been any official release date for it yet. Steve Orlando's Twitter bio still mentions him being a Marvel writer, and they made such a big deal about his Marvel debut that I don't think they would just cancel the book.