Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Venom #1 (legacy 201)

Hi all,

Read this today. Great start for the new run. I am super intrigued by this. Can’t believe people aren’t discussing it.

Love Hitch’s art. Really well written by our duo writing team. Lots of questions.

What did everyone else think?

Extraordinary Member

Loved it, great first issue and hope it keeps it momentum

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Generally cosigning both of you. The setup is quite intriguing and thrilling so far, and I'm wondering what the endgame is for Venom's newest foe, who seems to be from the future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This was a nice setup issue, it quickly shows how different Eddie's and Dylan's lifes are.

Hope we get to see more of Sleeper, what little I saw of him in Cates run, he was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Generally cosigning both of you. The setup is quite intriguing and thrilling so far, and I'm wondering what the endgame is for Venom's newest foe, who seems to be from the future.
    While it may be too soon to make such theories, Meridius at the end says "All that is happening now... Has already happened before.", and that villain says that whatever Eddie tries is not gonna work, so maybe the villain isn't from the future, it could be someone from the present making a time loop, or at least being a part of it.

Wonder if Eddie will go back to the present a few times so we can see him using his symbiote army, didn't expect him to be kicked out of it so fast lol.

Extraordinary Member

Reading future solicits and the idea of Brock stuck in a diff. time in the garden whilst Dylan Venom is dealing w/ all the present day mess is great.

Also I hope Peter shows up to help, unlike in the previous run where he was sidelined in so much of the events and main series.Peter and Brock and "friends" now and Brock trusted Dylan's life w/ Peter and Peter delivered.

I'd like Peter to be there for Dylan, ofc. not as soon as all this starts.Thing need to get bad before they get better and Peter isn't even around and this isn't a job for Ben/Miles.

The life foundation making a return is perfect for Dylan IMO, a kid being hunted by a big organization has much more of an impact than an experienced veteran like Brock or Peter.Not to mention Venom seems to be loosing his connection to Brock.

This direction takes what Cates did forward and I'm glad it does, as compared to the new Hulk run trailer which is ignoring Immortal and going back and people aren't hyped for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Reading future solicits and the idea of Brock stuck in a diff. time in the garden whilst Dylan Venom is dealing w/ all the present day mess is great.

Also I hope Peter shows up to help, unlike in the previous run where he was sidelined in so much of the events and main series.Peter and Brock and "friends" now and Brock trusted Dylan's life w/ Peter and Peter delivered.

I'd like Peter to be there for Dylan, ofc. not as soon as all this starts.Thing need to get bad before they get better and Peter isn't even around and this isn't a job for Ben/Miles.

The life foundation making a return is perfect for Dylan IMO, a kid being hunted by a big organization has much more of an impact than an experienced veteran like Brock or Peter.Not to mention Venom seems to be loosing his connection to Brock.

This direction takes what Cates did forward and I'm glad it does, as compared to the new Hulk run trailer which is ignoring Immortal and going back and people aren't hyped for it.
    I’d say let’s give Cates’ Hulk run a chance but it does appear to be a regression.

You make some nice points about Peter there. I too would like Peter to appear at some point.

Quite intrigued by this ‘Bedlam’ that we get a glimpse. New character ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I’d say let’s give Cates’ Hulk run a chance but it does appear to be a regression.

You make some nice points about Peter there. I too would like Peter to appear at some point.

Quite intrigued by this ‘Bedlam’ that we get a glimpse. New character ?
    I will and I feel like I'll like it, the artist and writer means the book will be good.I just mean it's a disappointment direction wise.As in I'm sure he'll deliver on what he's promising but I'm not a fan of what he's promising in the first place.

There was a mutant named Bedlam IIRC, I think this is a new character though.

I also find it interesting that Eddie is Kang's oldest friend, meaning he'll be spending a whole lot of time w/ him in the (presumably) future.Maybe he's the one who rescue's him from the garden or reveals the truth about all this.

I will and I feel like I'll like it, the artist and writer means the book will be good.I just mean it's a disappointment direction wise.As in I'm sure he'll deliver on what he's promising but I'm not a fan of what he's promising in the first place.

There was a mutant named Bedlam IIRC, I think this is a new character though.

I also find it interesting that Eddie is Kang's oldest friend, meaning he'll be spending a whole lot of time w/ him in the (presumably) future.Maybe he's the one who rescue's him from the garden or reveals the truth about all this.
    Yeah. This Kang business has me intrigued.

If I remember correctly, didn’t the FCBD feature a page giving hints a future stories and among them was the Symbiote Queen from the Scream comic a while back ?

Mighty Member

I wonder if this arc will have anything to do with Venom: The end (one of my favorite Venom comics). Concerning Venom's powers, his ability to travel in time, the fact that he finds himself at the end of time... there are some common themes. I wonder if the enemy will be an artificial intelligence.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I'm guessing Eddie isn't an old man anymore. Well things went off the handle pretty quick. Dylan is a raging hormone teenager so his story half will probably be the least interesting I can see the media making venom a villain again after this hotel attack. Eddie cosmic trip is way more interesting. Eddie overall has become more interesting. Never would have expected that from him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. This Kang business has me intrigued.

If I remember correctly, didn’t the FCBD feature a page giving hints a future stories and among them was the Symbiote Queen from the Scream comic a while back ?
    This page here shows a lot:-

1)Kang and Eddie fighting, which I guess can also be sparring

2)No clue, maybe something to do w/ the life foundation symbiotes?

3)How's this?Is it Eddie's wife?

4)Again no clue who's burning here

5)I'm guessing this has something to do w/ Bedlam.W/ what we've seen maybe those skulls are all the murders symbiotes/Knull have committed ?

6)Meredius, we've seen 2 versions.One in the present(who people say looks feminine, I don't see it tbh) and one at the end.W/ what he says I'd say he's like a guy in "the dark" series and will do/make Eddie do stuff that causes the very things he wants to prevent, like a loop.It's a far reach though, nonetheless I'm excited to see what this brings to the table

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I wonder if this arc will have anything to do with Venom: The end (one of my favorite Venom comics). Concerning Venom's powers, his ability to travel in time, the fact that he finds himself at the end of time... there are some common themes. I wonder if the enemy will be an artificial intelligence.
    It's not canon, I think it will have the same vibe to it though.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-11-2021 at 07:46 AM.

3)How's this?Is it Eddie's wife?
    I have a feeling that that is Anna Kravinoff

The burning guy is prob Eddie burning in the explosion, right ?

Extraordinary Member

I have a feeling that that is Anna Kravinoff

The burning guy is prob Eddie burning in the explosion, right ?
    Very cool idea, I guess Ana vs Dylan ?

And probably yeah

Very cool idea, I guess Ana vs Dylan ?

And probably yeah
    I would say Ana V Dylan, yeah.

Reason I say Ana is because it looks like Kraven’s Lion vest behind her and she has that fluffy neck decoration as well.

I am pleased to see the Life Foundation returning as well.

I wonder if Carlton Drake will end up with the Riot Symbiote, to create synergy with the movie. No reason to think that. Just a thought.

This was a really good start, i like the way that Dylan and Eddie were presented.

And hey Kang is here, nice to see that he might have a decent story again, especially after Waid's Avenger run lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona