Page 56 of 233 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yea, my guess would be he's too expensive for DC at the moment.
    I wonder if DC's new management might be planning to retcon Damien being the son of Batman and make Tim the default Robin again. That might be why Tomasi is out of the picture since he is associated with Damien due to him being the editor/writer for the character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh my gosh this is so good! Aaah! Childhood!
    Though the Alfred looks more like the Batman 66 version than Batman 89
    Also Bruce looks older here?

Why would they need to retcon Damien being the son of Bruce to make Tim the default Robin again. Just have Damien do something else. Retconning things like that is the definition of wasting the fans' time and money.

Tweet is from last month but doesn't seem like we'll be seeing anything DC related from Tomasi:

https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...41392845545473

Is he joining Gleason at Marvel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I wonder if DC's new management might be planning to retcon Damien being the son of Batman and make Tim the default Robin again. That might be why Tomasi is out of the picture since he is associated with Damien due to him being the editor/writer for the character.
    They lost their chance to make Tim the default Robin again with Tynion's run.

I doubt they're going to retcon Damian.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why would they need to retcon Damien being the son of Bruce to make Tim the default Robin again. Just have Damien do something else. Retconning things like that is the definition of wasting the fans' time and money.
    DC editorial seem to have a habit of screwing characters that are on the outs with management. For example, Hal Jordan becoming Parallax during the Kahn era. Or Wally West & Cassandra Cain under the previous publisher.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-19-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    They don't have any reason to do such retcon, and they, obviously, see Damian as their main Robin, since they had a perfect opportunity to get rid of him and got Tim back on his position, even without dumb retcons. They didn't do it, instead Damian reclaimed mantle and got his own ongoing with one of their top-writers, while Tim is in limbo. And also, even if they would like to do something like that, since when they have to take Tomasi out of picture to make some creative decision? He doesn't own the character, he wasn't responsible for him since Super Sons was closed.

If Tomasi was too expensive or they, for some bizzare reasons, couldn't retcon Damian's origin with him being around then they wouldn't have given him Challenges of the Super Sons digital book.

Maybe they are just not interested in what he has to offer since asides of his work on Damian he has delivered more misses than hits.

Guys there’s literally a Robin series by Williamson coming soon that stars Damian and has him as the son of Batman and Talia. They’re not retconning his origin or moving him out of the role lmao. DC is just trying out a bunch of new talent instead of relying on the same people as always. Jurgens is done at DC too, and neither he nor Tomasi are too expensive. They’re B-List writers at best, solid dudes who won’t cause a ruckus but won’t turn out groundbreaking work either. Abnett, Jurgens, Tomasi, Humphries, a bunch of these guys just got lost in the shuffle. I like Humphries a lot and it sucks that he’s gone but it happens.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

DC announces 11 surprise new 2021 titles
    DC gave a virtual presentation to comic book retailers at this year's annual ComicsPro event, and announced 11 new titles that it plans to publish in 2021.

The upcoming new titles include (as briefly described by DC):

• Deathstroke Inc.
    • Harley Quinn Animated Series sequel
    • A Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary title
    • Elseworld (1/2 of the new center of the new DC Omniverse)
    • "DC Vampires" (described as a working title)
    • Robin and Batman
    • Joker: A Puzzle Box
    • The Legend of Batman
    • Crush and Lobo
    • Nubia and the Amazons
    • DC Middle Ages

In a follow-up announcement, the publisher said more information will be forthcoming on these projects throughout the year.
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-19-2021 at 03:02 PM.

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-announ...w-2021-titles/

Okay a few thoughts since I know nothing, Crush and Lobo is probably my favorite based solely on the idea, awesome to see more from Nubia, and I hope since Damian’s got his own series that Robin and Batman is Tim Drake.

Edit: okay I might be a tad interested in Deathstroke Inc. If Titans are forming an academy looks like Slade has to start outsourcing.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-19-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Is he out on his own or is DC not interested in what else he has pitched? My guess would be that DC is not interested.
    I know I wouldn't be. His Batman and Robin with Gleason was great and Super Sons was okay, but his Detective was flat boring. He had a good run, but I won't miss him at DC.

Incredible Member

At this point I am really beginning to lose my patience in regard to DC and how they have not yet announced actual plans for the JSA relaunch. We've been waiting since Doomsday Clock Ended, we've only gotten a few scattered cameos and guest appearances, and the Alan & his kids and Stargirl stories in the Infinite Frontier special can only maintain my good will for so long(and the later seems to be more related the seven soldiers special). Williamson's vague assurances that there are plans he can't talk about are starting to sound empty. Really, they announce plans for 11 more titles for this year and JSA isn't among them? I want to know what's going on.

Spectacular Member

Phiouf, 4 titles Bat-relateds. I fear DC loose this bad habits X)

Very curious for the titles Deathstroke Inc., Elseworld, "DC Vampires" and Crush and Lobo. I hope DC Vampires like a continuation of I, Vampire.

Somes titles are maybe for the young people (Joker: A Puzzle Box and DC Middle Ages) and other i think for digitals (Harley Quinn Animated Series sequel)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    At this point I am really beginning to lose my patience in regard to DC and how they have not yet announced actual plans for the JSA relaunch. We've been waiting since Doomsday Clock Ended, we've only gotten a few scattered cameos and guest appearances, and the Alan & his kids and Stargirl stories in the Infinite Frontier special can only maintain my good will for so long(and the later seems to be more related the seven soldiers special). Williamson's vague assurances that there are plans he can't talk about are starting to sound empty. Really, they announce plans for 11 more titles for this year and JSA isn't among them? I want to know what's going on.
    Maybe they want keep the surprise ? Or they just don't have the good team for a title JSA.

And still no JSA. What a surprise. Clearly obvious by now that they have zero interest in them.