Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And yet they are able to warp him into a prison.
    His two brothers are also sky-father level Eternals, it took them and others to subdue him.

Same here i loved how he showed so many parts of Arraki, even in destruction Ewing cataloged what needed to be repaired and gave some actual credibility to Arrako and the planet. It was also great having Nova there, i'm sounding like a broken record but i was just so pleasantly surprised at how he jumped in and got to work. And Cable's BFG, i was like "Eat that DOOM (the game)!!!" lol

My fave scenes. Caselli and the colorist were simply amazing too. Best drawn issue hands down.

Attachment 123565
    Attachment 123566
    Attachment 123567
    Same. These were great pages. I also loved Cable's BFG, but also wanted to see his psimitar or sword (Light of Galador) and him getting a bit more physical. Still, though... that panel of blood trickling down Uranos' face with the caption "It weakens Uranos" made me smile a big 'ol smile. At least my boy hurt the motherf@#$er.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    His two brothers are also sky-father level Eternals, it took them and others to subdue him.
    Eh. Either way he was a plot. Funnily i don't think this story has raised his status for anyone. So i guess in the end it doesn't matter if he was the one above all level or toad level if your toad he walks aways unscathed he walks away that way.

On a side. I also love that it was basically for all intents an purposes a blind attack and the ewing also showed in the counter there just wasn't any time to coordinate or to attack things. Was cool seeing lactua close a dimensional rift as well, she has more abilities that i thought. And sobunar just looked amazing as part of the ocean and all life under it, like an all father of the sea. overall this story though unintended by the event but obviously here has now engrained arrako into marvel. And all we had to lose was 95% of a 50 mile radius. in a no choice situation it was worth it. This issue is the stuff of lore in story world.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. These were great pages. I also loved Cable's BFG, but also wanted to see his psimitar or sword (Light of Galador) and him getting a bit more physical. Still, though... that panel of blood trickling down Uranos' face with the caption "It weakens Uranos" made me smile a big 'ol smile. At least my boy hurt the motherf@#$er.
    Twice. It may not have been much but as soon as i saw the blue wave coming from cable head, before even reading the lines i was like "yes, cable using his power." and as mentioned to read it was specified as specifically what was allowing them to fight uranus along with the magnetism put a big smile on my face. No one was jobbed here, the characters knew the plot and showed up. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Eh. Either way he was a plot. Funnily i don't think this story has raised his status for anyone. So i guess in the end it doesn't matter if he was the one above all level or toad level if your toad he walks aways unscathed he walks away that way.
    Don't be like that. When Zeus curbstomped the Hulk a few years back (bearing in mind that this was the Green Scar version of the character who had recently beaten up every major super on the planet including four X-teams at once), Hulk fans were okay with it because although we love big Green, we accepted that mortals can't beat Sky Fathers. That's just a rule. Cable made him bleed and Legion kept him occupied for a half hour. That's huge! File it under "good enough."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Xilo, Sabunar and Lattuca all seem indestructable. Earth, Water and Reality elementals

Shouldn't have gotten rid of Selene
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-03-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Don't be like that. When Zeus curbstomped the Hulk a few years back (bearing in mind that this was the Green Scar version of the character who had recently beaten up every major super on the planet including four X-teams at once), Hulk fans were okay with it because although we love big Green, we accepted that mortals can't beat Sky Fathers. That's just a rule. Cable made him bleed and Legion kept him occupied for a half hour. That's huge! File it under "good enough."
    I accept that it happened i just honestly didn't care. Uranus literally could have been any character that the writers said to stand there and was going to win. At least with Odin you would have had some history, maybe some drama. This was literally Darkseid just standing there waiting for time to be up. So i think ewing did amazing having his characters basically fight a wall someone told you was immovable. i mean there was only so many options.

The only information on Uranus and this is not Ewing fault is. "everything not an eternal needs to die because i said so." that is uranus character, that's it, and he showed what little he had available to be able to do so.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-03-2022 at 01:15 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I accept that it happened i just honestly didn't care. Uranus literally could have been any character that the writers said to stand there and was going to win. At least with Odin you would have had some history, maybe some drama. This was literally Darkseid just standing there waiting for time to be up. So i think ewing did amazing having his characters basically fight a wall someone told you was immovable. i mean there was only so many options.
    Heh, fair enough.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Legion has power but his mind is fragile. A depowered Emma and the Cuckoos took him down. And in the alternate reality where he blinked out those Elder Gods from reality and killed the X-Men. Emma killed him

Fantastic Member

I really liked this issue. Some might be disappointed by the slaughter, but I love a good hopeless situation. Interested to see what Fisher King does, and curious how Magneto is hanging on.

I know Legion only lasted 30 seconds with the guy, but if they got in some psychic battle, that could have gone on for eternity.

Interested to see what happens with Isca after this.

There's still 3 missing/secret members of the Great Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It was 30 seconds :'(

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I really liked this issue. Some might be disappointed by the slaughter, but I love a good hopeless situation. Interested to see what Fisher King does, and curious how Magneto is hanging on.

I know Legion only lasted 30 seconds with the guy, but if they got in some psychic battle, that could have gone on for eternity.

Interested to see what happens with Isca after this.
    Yeah I read it as 30 seconds also and when the narrator said "David Haller is gone", I figured Legion did something that we'll learn about in his book then blinked out.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    There's still 3 missing/secret members of the Great Ring.
    I'm suspecting that's what the Fisher King scene was about since "Night has fallen" was written. Perhaps he's about to summon them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    It was 30 seconds :'(
    Well dang let me go look again. the counter had me all messed up too cause i was thinking minutes but now it makes sense. LMAO. i don't even need to go back the last thing the caption said was uranus still had 48 minutes. LMAO. DUUUHHH!! So if the heavy hitters were taken out in 12 minutes one has to wonder what happened that kept him contained to 50 mile radius unless he just couldn't move too far.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

There's x100 more Omega mutants on Arrakoa then Kratos