Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Krypton on Syfy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I would have rather he show up on supergirl. Please be played by Danny Trejo
    Danny Trejo?

5 foot 6 inches tall, and 74 years old.

That Danny Trejo? Way too short and way, way too old.

Hell no. I've seen what SUPERGIRL does with its F/X: no way Trejo doesn't look like a little sad clown on that show.

KRYPTON is vastly superior to SUPERGIRL in all terms of production value, and most aspects of storytelling in general.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    KRYPTON is vastly superior to SUPERGIRL in all terms of production value, and most aspects of storytelling in general.
    Seems too boring an derivative to me. Like, haven't I seen this already on a lot of other shows? At least Supergirl is fun to watch. What good is good storytelling if
    the story they are telling isn't very interesting?" Just watch it for the production values? I gave up on Krypton after 3 episodes and doubt Lobo will bring me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Seems too boring an derivative to me. Like, haven't I seen this already on a lot of other shows? At least Supergirl is fun to watch. What good is good storytelling if
    the story they are telling isn't very interesting?" Just watch it for the production values? I gave up on Krypton after 3 episodes and doubt Lobo will bring me back.
    I watched SUPERGIRL religiously for 2.5 seasons, even after the disastrous "Nevertheless, She Persisted" season 2 finale before finally leaving with the Season 3 mid-season hiatus. So I know what that show is to me And what it is ... is mediocrity with a hard-left bent and the need to tear down other characters to build up its lead.

KRYPTON was directionless for the first 5 episodes, and blew the narrative doors off with the next 5 episodes. It doesn't steal Superman's status and repackage it as her own. It's a time- traveling alternate universe tale that I have no idea where it will go next, and I am hooked for next season.

So glad Lobo is showing up on KRYPTON and not SUPERGIRL.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I would have rather he show up on supergirl. Please be played by Danny Trejo
    Danny Trejo is already playing a character in the Arrowverse. Besides, he's too old and short to be Lobo.

The stupidity and trash CG of Supergirl doesn't make me want to see any ironic Superman character appear on it compared to this show. The set design, CG and prosthetics are all top notch. The acting is pretty good too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Yeah Supergirl does have the worst CG and costumes design of any of the DC shows. Just compare Brainiac from Krypton to Brainiac 5 from Supergirl. It is not even close. I would trust Kryton to do a much better version of Lobo any day of the week.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Krypton really improved after episode 4. There was a big change for all the characters and the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Danny Trejo is already playing a character in the Arrowverse. Besides, he's too old and short to be Lobo.

The stupidity and trash CG of Supergirl doesn't make me want to see any ironic Superman character appear on it compared to this show. The set design, CG and prosthetics are all top notch. The acting is pretty good too.
    (Agrees with this assessment. Still shakes fist anyway.)

To be fair, the reason a lot of people haven't given this show a chance is two-fold:

1) the show's concept itself is a hard sell on the surface.

"Hey kids, do you like Superman? Well, he'll never be on this show and neither will those heroic parents of his, Jor-El and Lara, that you at least know and have seen performed by multiple scenery- chewing Oscar winners.

Nope, this is about Superman's totally unknown grandfather! That's right, while your Zatannas and Swamp Things and Plastic Men get nothing of their own, Superman's so big that his thieving cousin, talking dog, and now unknown grandparents have each gotten their own shows! So who's excited for CAPRICA, I mean KRYPTON?!"

2) after changing its name from Sci-Fi to the more trademark- and copyright-friendly SyFy, the channel itself became more known for deliberate schlock like SHARKNADO than for genuinely good shows like THE EXPANSE. The expectations were so low.

That KRYPTON has clearly overcome both factors are remarkable achievements in their own right.

And, oh yeah, here's Cameron Cuffe meeting Brandon Routh at SDCC 2018.

Love that Cuffe is an unabashed Superman fan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Time to frag some Zod bastiches!

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Uh, he has a goatee? I guess that makes him qualified for the role .

Anyone think he looks like Milo Ventimiglia from this is us, Gilmore girls and Rocky Balboa
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Incredible Member

First Official Photo Of Lobo

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

One of the producers must be a Motothead fan.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This show's costume and make-up department