Page 31 of 298 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I think the point he was trying to make is that in opposition to real minorities, the mutants have powers that can kill/destroy our world, and thus fearing that -as a sort of survival mechanism- makes more sense than fearing real life minorities.
    It doesn't help that some of the X-Men villains are advocating for things like race war or survival of the fittest, which is also basically just another version of a race war.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I like Sinestro in the Parallax armor. It reads more "arch-nemesis" and "universe conqueror" than the regular skin-tight suit. (that every Sin Corps member now wears, so it also differentiates him) His ego seems suited for something more regal.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-20-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It doesn't help that some of the X-Men villains are advocating for things like race war or survival of the fittest, which is also basically just another version of a race war.
    I'd say pretty much every supervillain has that kind of mindset. Whether they're humans, mutants or aliens, more often than not they just come up with some pretentious excuse for their distorted sense of moral superiority to try to justify their atrocities. Lex Luthor is by all accounts a racist, he just bangs on about Superman's powers being a threat to the world to try to cover his own personal xenophobia towards "the alien".
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-20-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like Sinestro in the Parallax armor. It reads more "arch-nemesis" and "universe conqueror" than the regular skin-tight suit. (that every Sin Corps member now wears, so it also differentiates him) His ego seems suited for something more regal.
    And it fits because Sinestro orchestrated Hal becoming Parallax, so Sinestro becoming Parallax himself feels thematically fitting.

who wore it better?

Last edited by liwanag; 01-20-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I feel the same way, I'd have liked if it stayed his look even when he wasn't using Parallax.

Astonishing Member

Liam Sharp has tons of styles, dude is amazing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I feel the same way, I'd have liked if it stayed his look even when he wasn't using Parallax.
    Nah I like it better on Hal. Banks designed it for Hal but it looks good regardless even Kyle. I don't know how Hal gets his armor back without breaking bad but someday he will.

Astonishing Member

who wore it better?

The way Hal's mask is drawn looks really evil.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I think the point he was trying to make is that in opposition to real minorities, the mutants have powers that can kill/destroy our world, and thus fearing that -as a sort of survival mechanism- makes more sense than fearing real life minorities.
    I'm always amazed at how much people loved 'Logan'. I found it sad and depressing and pretty insulting to the entire X-franchise.

Basically lets remember... Professor Xavier, the greatest advocate that mutants shouldn't be judged on their potential danger and only on their actions... Loses control of his powers and literally murders the X-men and a whole bunch of other Humans. Then becomes a rolling bomb who can wipe out hundreds anytime he has 'an episode'. Basically after he was 'tricked' back in X2 to use cerebro to murder all humans everywhere... but yeah, THIS was the endgame. The best and brightest and most noble was literally too dangerous to be allowed to live.

#humanswereright #Sentinelsforever

Say whatever you want about 'real world alogories' and whatnot... but in the fictional marvel universe?? Yeah, there are way too many evil mutants out to wipe out humanity... and too many GOOD mutants who may do it accidentally to really dismiss.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It would be neat, but I think when they usually try to make the Lanterns somehow feel more "special", it tends to backfire with the audience. Hal Jordan should just be Hal Jordan. Nothing more, nothing less.

"I don't do inner demons and I don't do regrets."

I love how Grant writes Hal Jordan.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's a great moment. I gotta reread Venditti's Rebirth run. Maybe I have been too harsh on him