Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah the critics were on crack. This movie was incredible. I think Phastos and Makkari were my favorites of this movie by far.
    Your in the brotherhood of posters I respect and f**k with, I will see this to not be a troll. However I initially have a serious issue with what they did to Phastos. The sexuality switch is something I thought they would do once it was mentioned they were making one of the characters gay. Not only did they pick Phastos against his character history but I have been hearing that other characters have been given certain elements of his character and motivations.
    Last edited by dkrook; 11-08-2021 at 08:28 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Is the general consensus that the movie is ok, but not great? I keep seeing reports of viewers grading it lower than many of Marvel's other movies.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Is the general consensus that the movie is ok, but not great? I keep seeing reports of viewers grading it lower than many of Marvel's other movies.
    Well looking at the cinemascore it has B,but looking at RT audience score most folks like it.
    It could be interpreted this way.

Most of the audience like it,more then critics.
    RT rating- 80% for the audience BUT has the lowest cineamascore for the canon mcu.

That mean most people like it the least on average then the other mcu movies but still say it is a great film looking at another score alot folks are not mentioning.
    4.1 out of 5 average rating
    That's 4 stars out 5.
    Great.

In other words most folks enjoy the first thor movie more(B+) but there were more folks that like eternals more then thor.

A larger number of folks like Eternals more then thor
    Eternals
    80%

Thor
    76%
    Eternals a stronger made movie then thor
    Eternals
    4.1 out of 5 average rating

Thor
    3.8 out of 5 average rating

Eternals not as enjoyable as thor(could be varied reasons in the movie but still rated higher above in average rating.)
    Eternals
    B

Thor
    B+

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/eternals

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thor

Most critics did not like eternals,so it's lower then 50%.
    That RT SCORE is only saying only like.

It's not the rating.

The real rating is 5.60 out of 10 average rating.

That is 3 stars out 5 stars.
    So most critics thought eternals was not great or not very good,but just good, but most did not like the film.

It's like saying most critics do not like a certain boxer or fighter (47%) but like the other fighter and enjoy him more for whatever reason(90%),but the fighter they did not like is voted to be a better fighter, 4.1 out of 5 average rating vs 3.8 out of 5 average rating.

What the score means
    CinemaScore
    The company's founder, Ed Mintz, once said that "A's generally are good, B's generally are shaky, and C's are terrible. D's and F's, they shouldn’t have made the movie, or they promoted it funny and the absolute wrong crowd got into it." This is a good rule of thumb, but it's important to note that it also depends on genre. In summer 2019, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was a box-office success while Men in Black: International disappointed. Both had received a B grade.
    Horror movies, by contrast, score lower on average. The Conjuring, which scored an A- in 2013, was the very first horror movie to score better than a B+ average. B's are generally good for horror movies, while C's are generally shaky. A variety of reasons have been put forward as to why this is. The most common view is that horror fans have divided expectations: some will get disappointed if a horror film doesn't have enough gore or overt scares, while others prefer tropes like Nothing Is Scarier.
    Other types of film that are prone to scoring badly are Le Film Artistique and others that are meant to be unsettling or highly experimental. A bad score can also be a sign of Misaimed Marketing or a film that did not live up to audience expectations in some way. The latter may explain why Punch-Drunk Love and Uncut Gems got relatively poor scores (D+ and C+ respectively). Both starred Adam Sandler, so they may have attracted viewers expecting comedies.

So you could say most folks enjoy thor 2 more then thor 1 looking at the cinema score but most folks liked thor 1 in raw numbers.
    Thor 1 has lower enjoyment score then thor 2.
    Most folks think thor 1 is better or stronger made movie then thor 2 looking at average rating but for what ever reason enjoyed less.

MCU Theorist (World Building Fanatic) quote-
    RT is a flawed rating system. Sure it has upside but at the same time, the score leads to a lot of misunderstanding. Giving a 47% rating does not mean that majority of critics have given it a 4.5/10 score. It only means that the movie was loved by a subset of viewers and not all.
    Some movies have safe stories. Good guy fighting a bad guy and the good guy wins. With a simple plot like that it's easier to be made and loved by majority. But taking the story like Eternals and making a film out of it in the best way possible is difficult. All I'm saying is that, Eternals by design had the qualities to get polarizing reviews. The fact that it didn't get a 10-20% critics rating means this movie is a success.

Last edited by mace11; 11-20-2021 at 09:14 PM.

The cast confesses that they shot a much longer scene with Styles that did not make it to the final cut of the film. In the scene they removed, the Eternals and Eros are sitting aboard the Dome ship, communicating with the Celestial Arishem with their eyes closed.

Extraordinary Member

Eternals Writers Have Planned A Prequel Series

CA892DE0-E686-4EBC-AF50-E5983E1267D4.jpg
    Would’ve made a better Ikaris I believe…

97F367AA-75BF-48CF-A299-0A9D255E3420.jpg
    Who I would’ve cast as Phastos…