Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Superheroes and their party affiliations?

DC Comics Confirm That Lex Luthor Is A Republican

Lex Luthor is POTUS again and this time he is a Republican instead of an independent.

Come to think of it, neither DC comics nor Marvel Comics have specified the political affiliations of their superheroes, not usually.

In n issue of Green Arrow book by Kevin Smith, Black Canary describes Green Arrow as the ultimate liberal and Hawkman as the ultimate conservative. But she doesn't mention what party those both men are registered in.

I am guessing that Green Arrow may be a member of the Democratic Party, although he is more likely in the Green Party. After all green is part of his name. Hawkman is likely a Republican.

has the Marvel Comics ever mentioned what party that Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man or Reed Richards are registered in?

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    DC Comics Confirm That Lex Luthor Is A Republican

Lex Luthor is POTUS again and this time he is a Republican instead of an independent.

Come to think of it, neither DC comics nor Marvel Comics have specified the political affiliations of their superheroes, not usually.

In n issue of Green Arrow book by Kevin Smith, Black Canary describes Green Arrow as the ultimate liberal and Hawkman as the ultimate conservative. But she doesn't mention what party those both men are registered in.

I am guessing that Green Arrow may be a member of the Democratic Party, although he is more likely in the Green Party. After all green is part of his name. Hawkman is likely a Republican.

has the Marvel Comics ever mentioned what party that Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man or Reed Richards are registered in?
    We know that Cyclops never votes Republican from a solo miniseries where he faces off against Ulysses and some ruby-quartz armored Green Berets. Actual party affiliation unknown.
    Dark does not mean deep.

USAgent is a Republican.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    USAgent is a Republican.
    And Blob/ Fred Dukes?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    And Blob/ Fred Dukes?
    Is he? Not a shock. A fat overweight guy from the South lol.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I feel Steve Rogers is a Roosevelt Democrat and Tony Stark is a Reagan Republican.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Is he? Not a shock. A fat overweight guy from the South lol.
    I was asking, I don’t know. But maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I feel Steve Rogers is a Roosevelt Democrat and Tony Stark is a Reagan Republican.
    Civil War!

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I was asking, I don’t know. But maybe!
    To be honest I cant remember any comic where they got into what party he was. I think the closest they ever came was when after M day he because that fitness weight loss guru and he made some comment about doesnt matter how rich he is he will lose it all in taxes any way.

Invincible Member

Howard the Duck is an independent and a member of the All Night Party! It's Canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, all but confirmed. Steve was literally given the shield by FDR in 616 canon. Steve saved him from multiple assassination attempts in canon. But there's been many a comic where Steve reflects on his youth, and admiring Roosevelt.

Steve has spoken glowingly of FDR in many issues. Which, makes a lot of sense. He grew up through the Depression in New York, and FDR, the New York Democrat, made all the right calls to pull the country out of it.

And not for nothing, Obama pardoned Steve after Civil War.

Last edited by worstblogever; 08-13-2022 at 12:10 PM.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

And while Steve Rogers is clearly a Democrat, some would read into the fact that in 616 canon, the head of the Secret Empire (first story of that title) was Nixon, who shot himself rather than face his crimes.

(Don't look at me, it's Marvel canon.)

But, Steve still isn't partisan. After all, he saved the Reagans from being mutated into snake people by Viper.

(Sorry/Not Sorry, I will never not take the opportunity to share those Snake Reagans panels.)

Pretty safe to say that America Chavez and Prodigy from the Young Avengers are on the left, given they attend:

And given they're both LGBTQ and POC, and where our two political parties stand on the rights of people in those groups...Yeah, pretty confident calling that.

Now I may be off base here.

But I am starting to suspect that Red Skull is not a Liberal.

And the classic left vs. right paradigm is probably best demonstrated at DC with...

Green Arrow & Hawkman, respectively.