Page 62 of 207 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I'm pleased Kinu's stealth checks have bled into the meta.

...considering she's a vagabond murderclown who may or may not have a microphone, perhaps this opens the door to strange new vistas.

*resumes chickenpecking*
    Six players! Awesome, happy you're still here. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As Sharp notes, the introduction of the Affinity System has brought a couple of changes so Arx has access to more Techniques. Precision damage, now contained under the Spirit Affinity, has a bunch of new Effects for Techniques as linked in the first post of this thread.

Also, since you might not know them. I will list Arx's Technique slots based on her most recent stats and subsequent Affinity Allocation here for your reference:

Mundane Slots (Free): 8

Body: 1 Honed, 1 Epic
    Spirit: 1 Honed, 1 Epic
    Mind: 1 Honed

The Technique Guide has also been rewritten to better account for the Affinity System so you might want to poke through that as refresher. Also, see Patch Notes 1.2
    To confirm. That's uh...

8 free techniques, 3 honed, 2 epic, for a total of 13?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Welcome to technique hell. Yeah, there are a lot.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

For the record you'd probably combine a lot of the mundane techs to make stronger Honed ones and there'd be less in practice at least
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To confirm. That's uh...

8 free techniques, 3 honed, 2 epic, for a total of 13?
    These numbers were based on the stats I had for Arx when I captured her for the system. If you've tweaked her stats then the numbers will have changed and it sounds like you've been moving things around a bit.

For reference, the stats I have on file for Arx in the engine are:

Effective HP: 281
    Core HP: 201

Offensive Block
    STR: 40
    PRE: 50
    CHR: 14

Defensive Block
    DUR: 46
    RES: 66
    AGI: 28

Hit Block
    BRA: 32
    SPD: 22
    SKI: 10

Energy Matrix
    ENR: 18
    ENR VALUE: 180
    Latent ENR: 80
    Mastered ENR: 100
    Stack: 2.00
    RAC: 2.08
    RUM: 3
    Movement: 65
    ATK Action(s): 1
    Tech Action(s): 1
    Range: 50

So, if your stats for STR/SPD, PRE/SKI or CHR/BRA have changed from the above then your Affinity will have changed and your Technique Slots might have shifted a bit.

Otherwise, those numbers are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    For the record you'd probably combine a lot of the mundane techs to make stronger Honed ones and there'd be less in practice at least
    Have a few of those, yeah.
    Why are we here?

Also keep in mind that one can add techniques to other techniques, not to increase their level but to give more power to the base technique. Like, a Honed Body + Honed Spirit technique to give something from both for the same ENERGY price as a normal honed technique.

I'm going to be doing a lot of this as the character improves, I feel.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Also keep in mind that one can add techniques to other techniques, not to increase their level but to give more power to the base technique. Like, a Honed Body + Honed Spirit technique to give something from both for the same ENERGY price as a normal honed technique.

For now, as noted in my recent posting, Dual Affinity Techniques are currently under review

So don't get too comfortable!

Sample of the above:

"Perfection Does Not Exist."
    Honed Spirit Counter Technique (+ Honed Body)
    Having lived within and outside of All Things through Time out of Time, Krys understands that perfection is an impossibility. Shifting their perceptions to a higher frequency, they identify both the weaknesses of an attack and the best point to strike during their riposte.
    'All things are imperfect and may be subdivided; it therefore follows that all things possess frailties.'

+40 PRE, +20 SPD, AWARENESS, INSPIRED COUNTER
    ENR 25
    Description: There is no visual effect to this technique beyond it nullifying attacks with surprising ease and delivering far more damage on the counter than one might expect.

By smashing two Honed Techniques in, I get half of the bonuses of one (I chose the Body technique as my secondary) + 1 lovely Status Effect (Inspired Counter) to add to the bonuses and status effect (Awareness) of the Spirit Technique. Cost of use is still 25 ENR.

Awareness and Inspired Counter compliment each other ridiculously well, so I couldn't pass on that.
    Why are we here?

For now, as noted in my recent posting, Dual Affinity Techniques are currently under review

Because of course they are.

-_-

Increase the ENR cost on them by like...5/10/20 for Mundane/Honed/Epic additions. ^_^
    Why are we here?

These numbers were based on the stats I had for Arx when I captured her for the system. If you've tweaked her stats then the numbers will have changed and it sounds like you've been moving things around a bit.

For reference, the stats I have on file for Arx in the engine are:

Effective HP: 281
    Core HP: 201

Offensive Block
    STR: 40
    PRE: 50
    CHR: 14

Defensive Block
    DUR: 46

Hit Block

Energy Matrix
    ENR: 18
    ENR VALUE: 180
    Latent ENR: 80
    Mastered ENR: 100
    Stack: 2.00
    RAC: 2.08
    RUM: 3
    Movement: 65
    ATK Action(s): 1
    Tech Action(s): 1
    Range: 50

So, if your stats for STR/SPD, PRE/SKI or CHR/BRA have changed from the above then your Affinity will have changed and your Technique Slots might have shifted a bit.

Otherwise, those numbers are correct.
    So I'm making changes to the Offensive block, and the defensive block...but not in any way that'd change affinity I don't think?

Pulling the 40 I dumped into PRE, and giving 10 to STR, 26 to CHA, and 4 to DUR.

So...

Offensive Block
    STR: 50
    PRE: 10
    CHR: 40

Defensive Block
    DUR: 50

Hit Block
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Speak your fancy words magic man, and despair. For you see, my brain is too smooth, your honeyed lies simply slide right off.

Arx Inosaan

*Considers*

Well if anything I'd get to use Shadow Walk in something if I end up having to decouple my Epic Body slot from my Death nuke technique

I think as time goes on ENR will be more of a limiting factor than actual stats for Jane
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

So I'm making changes to the Offensive block, and the defensive block...but not in any way that'd change affinity I don't think?

Pulling the 40 I dumped into PRE, and giving 10 to STR, 26 to CHA, and 4 to DUR.

So...

Offensive Block
    STR: 50
    PRE: 10
    CHR: 40

Defensive Block
    DUR: 50

Hit Block
    That will shift some things around for both your Affinity and your HP.

Can you give me the breakdown of these stats (BASE + BUILD + TRAIT + SYNC) so I can check your maths?

Speak your fancy words magic man, and despair. For you see, my brain is too smooth, your honeyed lies simply slide right off.
    ...I'm guessing that our two characters might not get along. ^_^

I don't mean 'will fight' (because Krys A - doesn't want to fight and B - doesn't want to DIE), but may not be on the best of terms. ^_^
    Why are we here?