Page 258 of 782 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358758 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Wait, AGAIN? Again, we've been kidnapped off-world? No, wait, we're off-universe now?!"

Zaofan didn't even entertain the idea that they could be fooled. At this rate, very little should be surprising to them now, other than the fact that they keep getting caught off-guard. Frustration abounds.

"The last time this happened to us, it turned out to be a simulation. Yet, even then, we still managed to pool our talents and powers together. While others work on getting us back to our home universe, the rest of us should at least try to assess what we can do in the meantime."
    Closing her Third Eye, Meagan shakes her head, "It's real. I can't find any evidence of that it's not." she cursed under her breath, "I checked her out, there is no way she should have had enough power to do something like this."

"It's not like she simply moved us to Vocado or Chroma. If our portals don't work, then we really are far from home, which is just not possible."
    Last edited by Tami; 09-12-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Wait, AGAIN? Again, we've been kidnapped off-world? No, wait, we're off-universe now?!"

Zaofan didn't even entertain the idea that they could be fooled. At this rate, very little should be surprising to them now, other than the fact that they keep getting caught off-guard. Frustration abounds.

"The last time this happened to us, it turned out to be a simulation. Yet, even then, we still managed to pool our talents and powers together. While others work on getting us back to our home universe, the rest of us should at least try to assess what we can do in the meantime."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    There is no illusion, no simulation.

This is real as far as Meagan and others can tell.

Sasheem, the portion of the planet you can scan is lifeless. There is not a single human or humanoid seeming ki signature he can sense.

Ishtar, there are bare traces of the magic. You do not think you can grasp it without some sort of amperage or very significant blood magic boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Closing her Third Eye, Meagan shakes her head, "It's real. I can't find any evidence of that it's not." she cursed under her breath, "I checked her out, there is no way she should have had enough power to do something like this."
    Zaofan crouches down to the ground, to examine the dirt. Nothing seems out of the ordinary -- dirt is dirt -- but there's a deep unease at being unable to detect what was off. "Aside from not being home, what makes this place so different than what we're used to? Hm."

Looking around, to Sasheem, Ishtar, Meagan, Etrina, and Sarada, he ponders aloud. "Are we all even here? We were all separated. And then Lady Eva and Mr. Pantaloon and... well, do we need a head count? Who's *not* present and accounted for?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar nodded slowly, never taking her eyes away from the Wastes, and its now darkling sky. "There was a flicker of magic, and now everything is wrong. What is changed yet however, I cannot say ... "
    "I will return shortly."

Disappearing in a burst of blue, Ishtar teleports past the veil of clouds above, to get a look at the stars above the planet. She had traveled most of the universe, in her duration outside the Timeless Garden. There was a good chance she might know where they were.
    "Good, Curve-ball special then....Well you do you then." White Etrina turned and floated back to Etrina, who was just finishing up her spellwork in powering down Erosas heart to a manageable level. With a sigh she took a step away, and noting Zaofan was within range, slumped over to use him as a support. "Huff....high end time reversal magic....please don't mind me...."

Parsley sighed and landed swiftly. "I can't tell anything other than that we're in the middle of a desert. No cities or civilization in sight. It is obvious that we're not on Earth anymore."

Sarada cursed. "Could this be the curse Jagam said he cast on us?"

"As much as I'm loath to admit that buffoon got the last laugh, I'm afraid that's exactly what's happening. He must have used whatever he had left to send us to another planet."
    "Well...it isn't a different timeline, I would have notice a temporal shift. The terrain is relatively similar to what we departed from....." Etrina scanned the area around them. "......Hmm...Curious..."

"Hmm...this doesn't seem the same. No time distortion, the transition was so seamlessly it was almost undetectable........perhaps a stable dimensional pocket? I've seen something similar before...but it required the bending of spacial law on a level one doesn't just summon up with a quick last ditch spell...."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Good, Curve-ball special then....Well you do you then." White Etrina turned and floated back to Etrina, who was just finishing up her spellwork in powering down Erosas heart to a manageable level. With a sigh she took a step away, and noting Zaofan was within range, slumped over to use him as a support. "Huff....high end time reversal magic....please don't mind me...."

"Well...it isn't a different timeline, I would have notice a temporal shift. The terrain is relatively similar to what we departed from....." Etrina scanned the area around them. "......Hmm...Curious..."

"Hmm...this doesn't seem the same. No time distortion, the transition was so seamlessly it was almost undetectable........perhaps a stable dimensional pocket? I've seen something similar before...but it required the bending of spacial law on a level one doesn't just summon up with a quick last ditch spell...."
    "The amount of power required to this is beyond most mortals." Meagan then glanced at Cyanna, looking very worried. "Our objective, aside from survival, is to find a way back home. Unless there is a Portal on this planet, I don't thunk exploring will help us much. There is one more thing I can try."

With as much focus as she could muster, Meagan calls out to her Mentor, "Lady Reimi, if you can hear me please respond."

Ishtar, there are bare traces of the magic. You do not think you can grasp it without some sort of amperage or very significant blood magic boost.
    Ishtar nodded to herself slowly, when she found it.

The remnants of Blood Magic were faint, barely there ... and yet they were. Enough to pull upon them and cast the spell in reverse. Yet she would need something more.

Blood. A considerable amount of blood.

"So be it."

Grasping the stitches that Asha'rah had sown to seal the wound the Oni had made the night before, Ishtar ripped them free, and reopened the slowly sealing wound; her blue-black blood spilling free from the tear as freely as it had under that silvery moon. Her boiling blood now dripping on the alien soil.

"Tch."

With hope it would be enough, to grasp the strands in full ... otherwise she might need more.

OT: 2
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ishtar nodded to herself slowly, when she found it.

The remnants of Blood Magic were faint, barely there ... and yet they were. Enough to pull upon them and cast the spell in reverse. Yet she would need something more.

Blood. A considerable amount of blood.

"So be it."

Grasping the stitches that Asha'rah had sown to seal the wound the Oni had made the night before, Ishtar ripped them free, and reopened the slowly sealing wound; her blue-black blood spilling free from the tear as freely as it had under that silvery moon. Her boiling blood now dripping on the alien soil.

"Tch."

With hope it would be enough, to grasp the strands in full ... otherwise she might need more.

OT: 2
    The magic is Threshling magic, she sees as she pours more blood into it. From this she can see Threshlings use magic far differently than she or Etrina. Their spellwork is multilayered and purposeful, latticeworks of intricate networks of sigils to denote what and how the magic works.

What Jagam did was pour power into an altered spell and cast it. No destination, no care, just brute force shoved into a work of art. A .50 caliber bulletin in a B.B. gun essentially. The fact that Jagam got you on a planet and not in some endless void of space, or inside a sun, seems amazing.

Because the spell cast had no proper groundwork, you are very uncertain you can successfuly cast it AND get the corridnates for home exactly right. Just slightly off and you could end up with you all in space.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "The amount of power required to this is beyond most mortals." Meagan then glanced at Cyanna, looking very worried. "Our objective, aside from survival, is to find a way back home. Unless there is a Portal on this planet, I don't thunk exploring will help us much. There is one more thing I can try."

With as much focus as she could muster, Meagan calls out to her Mentor, "Lady Reimi, if you can hear me please respond."
    For the first time since she was taken on as a student by the Mirror Mage, Meagan's attempt to reach her resulted in silence.

"That pretty much confirms that we are no longer in our own Galaxy, maybe not even in our own Universe, assuming that it is even possible."

Zaofan crouches down to the ground, to examine the dirt. Nothing seems out of the ordinary -- dirt is dirt -- but there's a deep unease at being unable to detect what was off. "Aside from not being home, what makes this place so different than what we're used to? Hm."

Looking around, to Sasheem, Ishtar, Meagan, Etrina, and Sarada, he ponders aloud. "Are we all even here? We were all separated. And then Lady Eva and Mr. Pantaloon and... well, do we need a head count? Who's *not* present and accounted for?"
    "Sasheem'll tell you this; he's about five minutes from seeing just how similar different from Earth or any other world this planet is. Which is to say he's got half a mind to blast the whole damn thing to smithereens if we can't figure out how to get off this heap," The Majin stated grumpily.

"So nobody knows where we are then, huh?" He asked, "Bummer."

Jack lit a cigarette and took a long drag off it, staring up into the alien sky. As far as planets to get lost on. This one was kinda shitty.

With a flick of his wrist Jack threw the cigarette to the ground, where it exploded into a large green flame, the size of a small campfire.

He sat down in front of it and lit another cigarette.

After a few puffs Jack began to concentrate, attempting to summon any spirit or ghost that may haunt this place to come sit down and have a chat.

Of course, if this world had always been lifeless.

Well, at least he had a fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Jack lit a cigarette and took a long drag off it, staring up into the alien sky. As far as planets to get lost on. This one was kinda shitty.

With a flick of his wrist Jack threw the cigarette to the ground, where it exploded into a large green flame, the size of a small campfire.

After a few puffs Jack began to concentrate, attempting to summon any spirit or ghost that may haunt this place to come sit down and have a chat.

Praxat looks at Jack saying " nope, but at least Princess Qaztoh is save." " we could build a ship to get off here but there's one slight problem." " faster than light speed travel requires certain materials and a power source to make a Hyper drive." " without those materials faster than light speed travel isn't possible."

" still I think this might be my galaxy the Tadpole Galaxy we're in, however I don't recognize this place." " if it is than it would take a ship with a Deluxe Hyper Drive to get back to Earth or a damn miracle."
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-12-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat looks at Jack saying " nope, but at least Princess Qaztoh is save." " we could build a ship to get off here but there's one slight problem." " faster than light speed travel requires certain materials and a power source to make a Hyper drive." " without those materials faster than light speed travel isn't possible."

" still I think this might be my galaxy the Tadpole Galaxy we're in, however I don't recognize this place." " if it is than it would take a ship with a Deluxe Hyper Drive to get back to Earth or a damn miracle."
    "Could you look at the stars or something to see?" Jack asked, "Is that a thing, star maps or something? Space is complicated."

The magic is Threshling magic, she sees as she pours more blood into it. From this she can see Threshlings use magic far differently than she or Etrina. Their spellwork is multilayered and purposeful, latticeworks of intricate networks of sigils to denote what and how the magic works.

What Jagam did was pour power into an altered spell and cast it. No destination, no care, just brute force shoved into a work of art. A .50 caliber bulletin in a B.B. gun essentially. The fact that Jagam got you on a planet and not in some endless void of space, or inside a sun, seems amazing.

Because the spell cast had no proper groundwork, you are very uncertain you can successfuly cast it AND get the corridnates for home exactly right. Just slightly off and you could end up with you all in space.
    In feeling Threshling magic in full, for the first time, Ishtar could not deny it was a beautiful latticework of runic sigils; yet what Jagam had done to manage his spell was crude, barbaric even. Fully fitting his nature as the Saiyan Butcher.

"Pitiful."

As Ishtar continued to bleed, and draw those tendrils of extant blood magic into herself however, she came to understand what he had done, in full. A crude -- last ditch -- teleportation spell that had shunted them to another plane. That he had done so without dropping them into a star. That she could replicate the spell was not in question, the Oni had the blood, and yet with no framework to base the spell on, there was no telling where they might end up. Though ...

Raising to her feet shakily, blue-black blood continuing to flow freely. Ishtar raised her voice so the others might hear her. "It was a spell that shunted us to another universe. Returning by means of travel is ... untenable."

She replied to Jack's comments about a star map.

"By blood I have grasped the remnants of the spell, enough so that it can be reversed, but I cannot guarantee we will end up on Earth ... it may be in the space just above. Which most of you will be unable to survive long." Trailing off a moment, to steady herself, the golden-eyed Oni thought of something that may at least protect them long enough to make landfall.

Filtering Ki into the alien planet, the Oni proceeded to create a sphere of controllable 'earth' of the surrounding 50 meters. Then she turned to Sarada.

"Do you still have that Capsule house ? If so, I need you to deploy it and get everyone inside. If not I will need those who can to erect barriers around everyone." Turning toward Etrina then, the Oni swayed again a moment, before shaking her head.

"I will need you to seal every exit and entrance to the house -- or reincofece a barrier of some kind that shields everyone from open space -- once everyone is inside. Asha'rah can create breathable oxygen, and with the house properly sealed it should suffice for the few moments we are forced to ... improvise."

Sighing then, as she realizes how ... insane the plan sounds, the Oni shakes her head quickly before nodding to herself.

"You will have a few moments before I rebuild the spell as best I can. Please do what you can."

With that said, Ishtar turned and began to quickly, and carefully, rebuild the sigils and runes as best she could, using her own blood to trace out the guidelines for their return to the Earth they knew ... alongside the 50m of plant she intended to bring with them.

Hopefully they would not need to rely on her plan to preserve the lives of those who could not breathe in space, but for one of the few times in her life ... Ishtar did not know if she could.

OT: Locked next post.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Then how do you know?" Cyanna looked up, "None fo these stars look liek anything I've seen from anywhere on Chroma. We could be in a alternate dimensions where the only life forms are microscopic."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Zaofan wraps his arm around Etrina's shoulders to add support and a kind presence. "We really should stop meeting like this," he deadpans before kissing her on the forehead.

"Could you look at the stars or something to see?" Jack asked, "Is that a thing, star maps or something? Space is complicated."
    Zaofan is taken aback by the sight of a frog-man and an old friend. He then takes off his cape and drapes it over Etrina's shoulders for added comfort. "Excuse me. Give me a sec. I'll be right back."

He then takes a few steps over to Cyanna, Jack, and Praxat with a slight grin. "Jack. You know, in the midst of all this action, I never had the chance to properly welcome you back to the land of the living. It's good to have you back, friend." The chef pats Jack on the shoulder with one hand, while extending the other hand for a shake.

He then turns to Praxat with a kind smile. "Pardon me, but I don't think we've been introduced. The name's Zaofan, and I see you've made your way to this motley crew."

In feeling Threshling magic in full, for the first time, Ishtar could not deny it was a beautiful latticework of runic sigils; yet what Jagam had done to manage his spell was crude, barbaric even. Fully fitting his nature as the Saiyan Butcher.

"Pitiful."

As Ishtar continued to bleed, and draw those tendrils of extant blood magic into herself however, she came to understand what he had done, in full. A crude -- last ditch -- teleportation spell that had shunted them to another plane. That he had done so without dropping them into a star. That she could replicate the spell was not in question, the Oni had the blood, and yet with no framework to base the spell on, there was no telling where they might end up. Though ...

Raising to her feet shakily, blue-black blood continuing to flow freely. Ishtar raised her voice so the others might hear her. "It was a spell that shunted us to another universe. Returning by means of travel is ... untenable."

She replied to Jack's comments about a star map.

"By blood I have grasped the remnants of the spell, enough so that it can be reversed, but I cannot guarantee we will end up on Earth ... it may be in the space just above. Which most of you will be unable to survive long." Trailing off a moment, to steady herself, the golden-eyed Oni thought of something that may at least protect them long enough to make landfall.

Filtering Ki into the alien planet, the Oni proceeded to create a sphere of controllable 'earth' of the surrounding 50 meters. Then she turned to Sarada.

"Do you still have that Capsule house ? If so, I need you to deploy it and get everyone inside. If not I will need those who can to erect barriers around everyone." Turning toward Etrina then, the Oni swayed again a moment, before shaking her head.

"I will need you to seal every exit and entrance to the house -- or reincofece a barrier of some kind that shields everyone from open space -- once everyone is inside. Asha'rah can create breathable oxygen, and with the house properly sealed it should suffice for the few moments we are forced to ... improvise."

Sighing then, as she realizes how ... insane the plan sounds, the Oni shakes her head quickly before nodding to herself.

"You will have a few moments before I rebuild the spell as best I can. Please do what you can."

With that said, Ishtar turned and began to quickly, and carefully, rebuild the sigils and runes as best she could, using her own blood to trace out the guidelines for their return to the Earth they knew ... alongside the 50m of plant she intended to bring with them.

Hopefully they would not need to rely on her plan to preserve the lives of those who could not breathe in space, but for one of the few times in her life ... Ishtar did not know if she could.

OT: Locked next post.
    Seeing how much blood she was losing, Meagan made a decision, "Isthar, I can help you. I can convert Ki and other energies into magical energy and use it to boost your power."