Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    And then you were told he "permanently" has the got the abilities of a bunch of X-men when the Cuckoos opened his mental block, his base now he has the hand to hand Kitty, Wolverine, and some others. He belongs on the list because of that. Where he is placed on the list is on top that if a person tries to fight now he has powers back and duplicate their abilities.

If we are talking about the skills you got from another person shouldn't count then Psylocke who got her skills intinally from Kwannon shouldn't be on list as well, Prodigy's prowess at fighting is from the same sort of process. The only difference is the most creative thing that Marvel writers could apparently do is sitting the person with skills of Wolverine and Kitty behind a desk or making him the tech guy. Anyways moving on I did my part of showing why he should be mentioned.
    Can Prodigy punch an Adamantium skull and not break every bone in his hand?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

And then you were told he "permanently" has the got the abilities of a bunch of X-men when the Cuckoos opened his mental block, his base now he has the hand to hand Kitty, Wolverine, and some others. He belongs on the list because of that. Where he is placed on the list is on top that if a person tries to fight now he has powers back and duplicate their abilities.

If we are talking about the skills you got from another person shouldn't count then Psylocke who got her skills intinally from Kwannon shouldn't be on list as well, Prodigy's prowess at fighting is from the same sort of process. The only difference is the most creative thing that Marvel writers could apparently do is sitting the person with skills of Wolverine and Kitty behind a desk or making him the tech guy. Anyways moving on I did my part of showing why he should be mentioned.
    He’s basically a mutant version of Taskmaster. However as I’ve already pointed out re Tasky and Slapstick knowledge of a skill IS NOT THE SAME AS PHYSICAL ABILITY.

Who cares if he has the knowledge of Logan’s or Kitty’s fighting style if his body is PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE of it? I could theoretically learn HOW to do a perfect split, but without years of the PHYSICAL training required, (which it was NEVER stated Prodigy’s power set encompasses. It’s always ever been “Knowledge”) I’ll just end up in an incredible amount of pain as I tear all the ligaments and connective tissue in my groin.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-26-2020 at 12:55 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Can Prodigy punch an Adamantium skull and not break every bone in his hand?
    To be fair, ANYONE without superhuman durability should shatter their hand if they punch Logan in the face, but the writers never seem to remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    To be fair, ANYONE without superhuman durability should shatter their hand if they punch Logan in the face, but the writers never seem to remember that.
    That’s my point. Like you and a few others have mentioned having the knowledge isn’t the same as application. Even if Prodigy can apply the ability he can won’t have the experience that fighters like Logan and Laura have. Not to mention Logan and Laura have a degree of super strength and Logan had unbreakable bones. Prodigy MIGHT be able to hang in a points based battle where landing a strike or getting a take down results in a point, in a actual battle Logan and the rest of this list will clown him. It’s not taking anything away from Prodigy, he’s just not a top tier fighter.

Bishop fought with the best fighter in the X-Men Wolverine, with a sword and faceplanted him. From Claremont writing. Then in Executioner Game. Took on Cable. Its odd to see people drop him so low.

Wolverine
    Bishop
    Cable
    Betsy
    Storm
    Gambit
    Shatterstar
    Nightcrawler
    Magik
    Cyclops
    Last edited by dkrook; 11-26-2020 at 02:32 PM.

I'm genuinely surprised to see Wolverine at the top of so many lists.

He's taken so many L's at this point that without his metal he'd get rolled by the likes of Victor and Gorgon.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Like I have already said his physical capability isn't on par with the knowledge he gains about fighting skills. As for Kwannon or Psylocke, Betsy in Kwannon's body is more than capable enough to not only share her knowledge about fighting skills but she is also physical capable too.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-26-2020 at 10:45 PM.

BANNED

That’s my point. Like you and a few others have mentioned having the knowledge isn’t the same as application. Even if Prodigy can apply the ability he can won’t have the experience that fighters like Logan and Laura have. Not to mention Logan and Laura have a degree of super strength and Logan had unbreakable bones. Prodigy MIGHT be able to hang in a points based battle where landing a strike or getting a take down results in a point, in a actual battle Logan and the rest of this list will clown him. It’s not taking anything away from Prodigy, he’s just not a top tier fighter.
    TBH, if writers actually remember how his power set works, he could absorb the martial arts skills of Logan, Laura, Cap, Black Widow, Black Panther, and Daredevil ALL AT ONCE, and he STILL shouldn't be able to touch them even in a points match. Like if he tried to pull this off:

or this:

he ought to just dump himself on his head, because while he could absorb Laura's or Matt's KNOWLEDGE of how to execute those techniques, it doesn't grant him their balance, coordination, reflexes, flexibility, or agility that are required to actually pull them off successfully.

It's not about experience or application.

TBH, if writers actually remember how his power set works, he could absorb the martial arts skills of Logan, Laura, Cap, Black Widow, Black Panther, and Daredevil ALL AT ONCE, and he STILL shouldn't be able to touch them even in a points match.
    He wouldn't try to pull off those things because he has their experience, being experience understand what a body can do can't do. If I am tired when playing basketball, I don't try the athletic crazy things I can do when I am not tired.

Prodigy isn't Taskmaster, He knows how to fight as you and good fighters learn to fight in different states. The crazy OMG he can't do this crazy move thing or this move doesn't apply to him. He wouldn't fight like that, He is fighting like Wolverine would in a body that he knows couldn't do things because he learns Wolverine's tactics. Wolverine without adamantium and healing factor fights differently than the guy with those things. That the difference between absorbing a "skillset" and absorbing "Wolverine's skillset"

I keep telling you guys prodigy powerset is ridiculous, I have even talked about applying other skillsets(like knowledge of anatomy and pressure points) mixed to fighting and his own intellect in this equation. Prodigy can be physically overpowered sure but you aren't going out skill him with his powers.

Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-26-2020 at 10:52 PM.

TBH, if writers actually remember how his power set works, he could absorb the martial arts skills of Logan, Laura, Cap, Black Widow, Black Panther, and Daredevil ALL AT ONCE, and he STILL shouldn't be able to touch them even in a points match. Like if he tried to pull this off:

or this:

he ought to just dump himself on his head, because while he could absorb Laura's or Matt's KNOWLEDGE of how to execute those techniques, it doesn't grant him their balance, coordination, reflexes, flexibility, or agility that are required to actually pull them off successfully.

It's not about experience or application.
    It is literally about experience and application. Those people you listed can do what they can because of their power sets, their experience and knowing how to apply said experience. None of these heroes were born with these fighting abilities they trained and learned through real life experience. We agree here.

Like I said it is how the writers decide to use him. Anyways what you can't see clearly and I am paraphrasing is Wolverine saying that that he is stronger and faster and Prodigy shouldn't be doing so good against him even with absorbing knowledge. Prodigy telling him that he integrated ALL the X-men who were around fighting styles into one coherent style he can use to keep up.

wolvie 2.jpg

wolvie 1.jpg

wolvie 3.jpg

One of these days I am going to learn how to make these scans bigger
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-26-2020 at 11:14 PM.

BANNED

God this is turning into Bat Fans and Cassandra Cain's body reading...

I don’t get that reference...

Except for this actual a superpower design to the thing, You don't want to accept.

It is a superhero story, Prodigy powers cheat to do what other people do naturally, Just like Forge does with tech. But I mean if Superpowers are such a big deal then Wolverine and X-23 would be lower because their "super power" combine with their fight skills is what put them over the top not pure skill.

Basically, Cass Cain is a God of fighting, She can read body movements, Her in comic feats are kinda ridiculous and fans on battle boards hype her a lot. On that note, Gambit gets( or use to get) similar love on battle boards feats of speed and agility combine with fighting.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-26-2020 at 11:45 PM.

BANNED

It's the favorite trump card Bat Fans like to pull out in Vs. matches. "Oh, it doesn't matter how skilled the opponent is, Cassandra will just body-read them and fight over."

That's what this is reminding me of, the idea that Prodigy — an untrained fighter — can hold out against Wolverine just by "absorbing" the fighting styles of everyone around him, because it ignores basic principles of how martial arts ACTUALLY WORK and demonstrates how writers simply don't bother to do the damn research (in the case of Cass, LITERALLY EVERY MARTIAL ARTIST EVER does the same body-reading shtick. Even if Cass is preternaturally good at it, reading your opponent's intent is a fundamental part of ALL martial arts EVERYWHERE).

And frankly, just because you know someone's fighting style doesn't mean it gives you any sort of advantage over them in the first place.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 11-26-2020 at 11:54 PM.