Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Do we think he's going to be the main villain? It would fit with the Lee/Ditko themes but I'm not sure how they connect Electro to Peter's current predicament.

At least this will keep Max Dillon relevant.

BANNED

Crossposting from elsewhere:

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    In Fiege I trust if true hasnt let me down yet gotta see the product before I judged it
    Bear in mind casting for both movies needs to be agreed by Sony. Feige can't unilaterally decide on casting because the nature of these movies is that the actors are under contract to Sony and not to Disney.

Sony writes the paychecks to Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Gyllenhaal and everyone. So Sony has to approve the casting. If Feige had his way, Tom Holland wouldn't be cast as Peter, we'd have Asa Butterfield from Hugo instead.

It's like that bit in the DCAU version of WORLD'S FINEST where Luthor and Bruce discuss their corporate deal:

Luthor (Feige): Bruce I think I have a say.

Bruce (Sony): Not according to our deal we don't, all defense applications [casting decisions] require my exclusive approval alone. Tell your boys at the pentagon [your fanboys on the net] that I just don't have the imagination.

It's about the last thing I would have expected here, and I had no real interest in this prior but now Jamie Foxx returning as Electro of all things piques my interest.

The big things to consider: Kevin Feige's leaked notes on ASM2 showed he was a fan of Jamie Foxx's Electro, so he probably wanted to work with him on something that used him better. This is supposed to take place after Doctor Strange and the Mutliverse of Madness, so it could be multiverse shenanigans or a hint of further things to come like a live-action Spider-Verse down the line. This movie's rumored title is Homesick. Take that how you will.

Either he's playing a new version of the same character, or he's literally playing the ASM2 version again (granted probably retooling the performance this time regardless). Maybe he got sent to the MCU after overloading in ASM2, maybe he gets sent here after something happens in Multiverse of Madness. We've got JK Simmons as another version of JJJ, so that could be the case here.

I do think before the end of the decade we'll be seeing the live-action Spidey's teaming up on the big screen. I heard some people speculate this could lead to a Sinister Six that's comprised of members from each of the Spidey's universes. That would be an interesting way to fill out that roster for sure, and lead to a team-up between Spidey's down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It's about the last thing I would have expected here, and I had no real interest in this prior but now Jamie Foxx returning as Electro of all things piques my interest.

The big things to consider: Kevin Feige's leaked notes on ASM2 showed he was a fan of Jamie Foxx's Electro, so he probably wanted to work with him on something that used him better. This is supposed to take place after Doctor Strange and the Mutliverse of Madness, so it could be multiverse shenanigans or a hint of further things to come like a live-action Spider-Verse down the line. This movie's rumored title is Homesick. Take that how you will.

Either he's playing a new version of the same character, or he's literally playing the ASM2 version again (granted probably retooling the performance this time regardless). Maybe he got sent to the MCU after overloading in ASM2, maybe he gets sent here after something happens in Multiverse of Madness. We've got JK Simmons as another version of JJJ, so that could be the case here.

I do think before the end of the decade we'll be seeing the live-action Spidey's teaming up on the big screen. I heard some people speculate this could lead to a Sinister Six that's comprised of members from each of the Spidey's universes. That would be an interesting way to fill out that roster for sure, and lead to a team-up between Spidey's down the line.
    I'd hope to leave the Multiverse (and other Spiders) to the animated films instead of the live-action ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd hope to leave the Multiverse (and other Spiders) to the animated films instead of the live-action ones.
    I feel like at this point Sony wants to do it. If Tobey, Andrew, and Tom shared the screen that would be a BO smash on principle alone. From recent Spidey comics, cartoons, games, and now an award winning animated movie doing the multiverse concept it's inevitable in live action, I think. Especially as these movies keep getting more outlandish in terms of what they're willing to cover. Lord/Miller proposed doing a live-action Spider-Verse movie to Sony but Sony felt it was too early. Take of that what you will, too. I'd like to get away from all the other spiders and stuff like that too, but it's certainly on Sony's radar.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

On paper it makes sense. Take their most critically/award acclaimed Spider-Man movie (Into the Spider-Verse) and the profit-making power of the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Do we think he's going to be the main villain? It would fit with the Lee/Ditko themes but I'm not sure how they connect Electro to Peter's current predicament.

At least this will keep Max Dillon relevant.
    Not sure, but since they're building to the Sinister maybe he works for Doc Ock. Mac isn't even Scorpion yet, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Not sure, but since they're building to the Sinister maybe he works for Doc Ock. Mac isn't even Scorpion yet, either.
    I kind of wondered if Jameson builds an anti-Spider-Man task force and pays for Gargan to become Scorpion. Maybe give Shocker a real costume.

That would be cool considering JJJ will finally probably have a role again in a Spidey movie with this next one, we haven't seen that side on film yet- the side where he's funding all kinds of horrible murderous villains who are worse threats than Spider-Man. It would be great for a movie!

Jamie Foxx confirmed on his Instagram he won't be blue this time lol.

That makes it more likely this is a JJJ situation where he's playing a new version of Electro. Still bizarre, still oddly excited by giving Jamie Foxx another chance at the role haha.

Edit: He also just deleted the Instagram post as one of the images was a fan art piece of his ASM2 Electro against the 3 live-action movie Spidey's. May have been a call from Sony telling him to take that down.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 10-02-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

That makes it more likely this is a JJJ situation where he's playing a new version of Electro. Still bizarre, still oddly excited by giving Jamie Foxx another chance at the role haha.

Edit: He also just deleted the Instagram post as one of the images was a fan art piece of his ASM2 Electro against the 3 live-action movie Spidey's. May have been a call from Sony telling him to take that down.

[

I'm betting we get a yellow and green suit and they find some way to work in the starfish mask.

I'm betting we get a yellow and green suit and they find some way to work in the starfish mask.
    I'd love it if they did the star scars on his face with yellow electric eyes. That would be sick!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I'd love it if they did the star scars on his face with yellow electric eyes. That would be sick!
    Y'know, I've never been in love with them being scars. I'd kind of prefer something like Spectacular where they were just like an energy projection from his face

Y'know, I've never been in love with them being scars. I'd kind of prefer something like Spectacular where they were just like an energy projection from his face
    As much as I would like that, it would be hard to do with actors who like to show their faces.