Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Lois and Jimmy villains

Lois and Jimmy are very important characters in the superverse, but for years they have been forgotten, I think the time has come to bring them back.
    Because of their work, Lois and Jimmy tend to get into a lot of trouble and provoke very dangerous people, so I think they have to have their own villains.
    That is my idea, how would you get these characters back.

What do you mean villains? Like you want them to actually fight super powered people? Or do you mean like crime bosses and politicians that they are always trying to expose, like Morgan Edge and Lex Luthor? Do you actually want them to fight people like metallo or something?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you mean villains? Like you want them to actually fight super powered people? Or do you mean like crime bosses and politicians that they are always trying to expose, like Morgan Edge and Lex Luthor? Do you actually want them to fight people like metallo or something?
    Superman's villains are their villains! It would be hard for Jimmy and Lois to have exclusive villains that Superman won't get involved in, and it would be hard for a Superman Villain not to consider the unique vulnerabilities of Jimmy and Lois and how they could possibly be used to defeat Superman, either as hostages or as bait for a trap.

I'd be in favor of these two's having professional or personal rivals, but not supervillains. Maybe they can have villains, but not the type that requires action sequences to bust.

There are a lot of obscure Silver age characters you can bring back as a Lois Lane/Jimmy Olsen antagonist.

Another user posted in this thread-
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...erman-villains

Jim Kelly's post got me thinking that way.

Amazing Member

I would give Lois and Jimmy a street villians, corrupt scientists and politic villions , so it would be a group of villains with influential people, politicians, businessmen and scientists . this villions who are human traffickers , They would use these people that they traffick for various types of experiences and the boss of this group of villains they would work in the shadows for the government

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There are a lot of obscure Silver age characters you can bring back as a Lois Lane/Jimmy Olsen antagonist.

Another user posted in this thread-
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...erman-villains

Jim Kelly's post got me thinking that way.
    One of those I mentioned is--

"Miss Gzptlsnz--The girl friend of Mr. Mxyzptlk, from the 5th dimension, who makes life miserable for Superman and his friends, with her official debut in SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN 52 (April 1961)--although behind the scenes she may have already been active."

She made Jimmy turn into the wolfman. She showed up several times. But while she might have had a tempestuous relationship with Jimmy, she rather liked Lois I think (however imps always bring misfortune even to those they like).

Back when Mxy was Mxyztplk, he was engaged to marry the daughter of the King of Zrfff and he left to get Lois to marry him instead so he wouldn't have to marry the king's daughter. So you could view that daughter as being the same as Gzptlsnz.

Miss Gzptlsnz is brought back in the New 52 but given the longer name Nyxlygsptlnz, connecting her with Ferlin Nyxly (who was not connected with her in the pre-Crisis comics). She's the king's daughter and married to Mxy.

Yet another version, Ms. Gsptlsnz, appears in the Animated Series but now is a young beauty.

There were plenty of men and women that ran afoul of Lois Lane, pre-Crisis, but not many I can remember that had more than one shot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    villains within the workplace, corrupt businessman / politicians, murderers, etc. maybe some of the most useless villains of superman go against lois and jimmy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'd be in favor of these two's having professional or personal rivals, but not supervillains. Maybe they can have villains, but not the type that requires action sequences to bust.
    You mean Lex Luthor would not want to mess with them? I think he would, simply to get to Superman if for no other reason. Maybe some other woman might try to flirt with Clark Kent, would that make her a Lois Lane villain or just competition?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfamily View Post
    I would give Lois and Jimmy a street villians, corrupt scientists and politic villions , so it would be a group of villains with influential people, politicians, businessmen and scientists . this villions who are human traffickers , They would use these people that they traffick for various types of experiences and the boss of this group of villains they would work in the shadows for the government
    okay so Clark Kent sees some common street thug beating up Jimmy Olsen and just watches doing nothing to help because he is not a supervillain and so this is not a job for Superman, so Clark Kent just smiles after Jimmy got beat up and asks him if he had fun. Does this sound like Clark Kent?

Extraordinary Member

I always wanted to see Lois go against modern Master Jailer.

And Jimmy against the Puzzler.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    villains within the workplace, corrupt businessman / politicians, murderers, etc. maybe some of the most useless villains of superman go against lois and jimmy.
    I think if someone Clark knows is threatened, Superman would show up, after a while common street thugs would learn to steer clear of Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane because Superman has a habit if showing up when they are in trouble.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus View Post
    okay so Clark Kent sees some common street thug beating up Jimmy Olsen and just watches doing nothing to help because he is not a supervillain and so this is not a job for Superman, so Clark Kent just smiles after Jimmy got beat up and asks him if he had fun. Does this sound like Clark Kent?
    I understand what you mean, , but this job is for Jimmy and Lois, Clark would have to stay out of this story, because obviously he would defend his friend and his wife

Astonishing Member

Lois and Jimmy have a lot of history with Project 7734.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

There's always Intergang and Bruno Mannheim