Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Cool. Look forward to seeing her in that. Just hope the films good now.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Serd View Post
    I just don't get why Bendis has her using this lame spear all the time. She has a cool, trademark weapon with her sword.
    You'll probably like the blades more than the spear All New Guardian of the Galaxy

"Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I picked up Gamora #1 the other and I really enjoyed it. I have little experience with the character outside of Bendis's GOTG series, but I think she is fantastic. I love strong female characters who kick butt, and she seems to have a great backstory. Oh, and I love her relationship with Angela. Really need to read her older appearances sometime...

BANNED

Yeah. It won't be good without Gamora

Niffleheim

She is lethal and her backstory is great. I respect any woman who will cut her hair mid-fight just coz she wants to win.

Gerry Duggan stated that he will delve into her past in All New GOTG and he loves her solo i'm happy that both books will doing flashbacks

We are doing flashback a little bit, especially with some of the stories in the gap between Bendis's conclusion and where we pick up with the team......Gamora's solo story in that particular part of the publishing plan is one of my favorite scripts, with a lot of potential for future exploitation. Even though it is an aggressive schedule, hopefully, we've hidden that cost. We've been paying that down for a while.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Ultimate Member

There already is a Gamora Appreciation thread here...though in the black and white art if they don't show both of her eyes she can look like Domino at times...

Niffleheim

Niffleheim

Unlettered: Gamora teaching Nebula a lesson

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Most of her backstory prior to breaking away from her adopted father's influence is mostly untold.
    Except that what was written (see Warlock and the Infinity Watch, Yule Memory--which Perlman inexplicably remembers, despite ignoring it) is blatantly contradicted by this.

This isn't the relationship she and Thanos had, which is borne out again by their earliest "contemporary" interactions (Warlock and the Infinity Watch...again).

The book is overwriting the established history with MCU history.

Now, to be fair, it's possible someone else started this chain by ignoring/being ignorant of that relationship in a bunch of the more recent GotG books (which I don't [want to] read).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    So I quite enjoyed the first issue of Gamora's series, but I fully recognize it is an MCU retcon. What did you long time Gamora fans think of her #1?
    I absolutely loathed it. It was the cause of my rapidly dropping numerous Marvel books for its retconning of both simple history (ie, Gamora was raised alone; Thanos does not respect Nebula's false claims to familial relation), and emotional history (ie, Thanos's relationship with Gamora, which was not, as Perlman notes "abuse and torture", despite also writing that into the movie and removing any nuance from that relationship, and making Gamora a complete doofus who, rather than having familial attachment to a rather evil being who showed concern for her...followed someone who tortured her because reasons, before suddenly realizing torture was bad, because reasons)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
    Except that what was written (see Warlock and the Infinity Watch, Yule Memory--which Perlman inexplicably remembers, despite ignoring it) is blatantly contradicted by this.

This isn't the relationship she and Thanos had, which is borne out again by their earliest "contemporary" interactions (Warlock and the Infinity Watch...again).

The book is overwriting the established history with MCU history.

Now, to be fair, it's possible someone else started this chain by ignoring/being ignorant of that relationship in a bunch of the more recent GotG books (which I don't [want to] read).
    I've read all of them but i'm still open to this new book I'm for Story over Continuity any day but then again i don't think Gamora's history is that deeply explored to be ruined by this "retelling"

Niffleheim

Gamora #2

Niffleheim

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Yeah. It won't be good without Gamora
    It could be good with or without Gamora but if Gamora's in it then cool. As long as she's not written badly of course.

Incredible Member

Was there any mention in the first issue at all of the Universal Church of Truth (the "real" killers of Gamora's people)? I think it would be kind of cool to explore all the craziness of Gamora's history- her original history and how Adam's cosmic suicide affected her perceptions of things. I know that even Starlin had her hate the Badoon (her people's new killers), but it was something I think could have been really cool for him to explore while she was still the guardian of the Time Gem.