Page 50 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes as teammates but nothing romantic or even flirtatious about them. Theres no buildup to them as a couple. They are literally going from no attraction to insta-couple bc of the plot which is one of the worst ways to get people invested in your pairing
    I agree. That's bad writing. At most they were on the same team without anything going on, not even a friendship and then bam AU story and everything in an instant. that's just bad.
    If that were Wolverine i would buy it because he had decades of tease but bishop had nothing

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think jean and bishop will kiss and it may even appear that they are in a relationship, but maybe we are reading it wrong. It's possible it's just the x-men making a plan for Bishop to get into the prison and free the rest of the good guys.

As for the writer saying this relationship will matter after the series maybe Bishop will still carry some feelings because he liked the kiss or something, but Jean just has that affect on people.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It doesn't matter, nothing matters. The feelings of these characters are not their own, they are slaves to what the writers and editors want, even their very lives depend on those whims.
    They will love and stop loving according to what Marvel thinks will sell. It's so dump to argue over shipping
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-21-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It doesn't matter, nothing matters. The feelings of these characters are not their own, they are slaves to what the writers and editors want, even their very lives depend on those whims.
    They will love and stop loving according to what Marvel thinks will sell. It's so dump to argue over shipping
    It may not matter, but theses are discussion threads, why do you keep trying to stop us from discussing on a forum about these characters?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It may not matter, but theses are discussion threads, why do you keep trying to stop us from discussing on a forum about these characters?
    I wasn't trying to stop you, you're very civil.
    My message was more for the peope saying mean things or trying to crap on others posters. I'm just pointing out how dump is to get attachet or being rude with this topic. It can be discussed without being rude and respecting other people, characters and relationships.

While I've been disappointed with Disassembled, I'm at least going to keep an open mind when it comes to Jean and Bishop. The Age of X event from years ago under Mike Carey introduced a Scott (as Basilisk) and Frenzy pairing that I thought was pretty interesting despite there being minimal interaction between them in the real world. It had no real impact on Scott after everything reverted but it did for Frenzy. The characters in the upcoming Age of X-Man will be virtually different characters, so they're not beholden to any previous stories or established relationships. Anyway, I really don't believe they're really going to push Jean and Bishop as a long-term couple in the real world, so I don't mind if they add some temporary drama before the inevitable question of Jott returns.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    alright, but we didn't even saw one page of them together and people are saying mean things. If you think they have no chemistry or story together, ok I can see where this is coming from. But talking about race is really bad
    There have been many instances of Bishop abd Hean interacting, esocually in Xtreme Xmen. They do have co-worker histiry and inyeractions and Hean “showed” hersekf to Bishop in Morrisins run, but as for any flirtatiins etc, i am not sure, i dintvrecall anybreal sexual chenistry. But kets see how it develops. Any AU reakky is blank slate fir writers to set up any situation between the characters they want. Whether it will have an imosct once they come back to real universe is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes as teammates but nothing romantic or even flirtatious about them. Theres no buildup to them as a couple. They are literally going from no attraction to insta-couple bc of the plot which is one of the worst ways to get people invested in your pairing

When the original Age of Apoc cane out no one really complained about the status of thecrelationships / changes to the universe that were made. Same here, they are all akternate versions. I dint care for AU stuff, just bring Jean back 8nto proper universe.

Someone mentioned earlier about Scitt and Logan - are they even aware Hean is back? Ive not been following the rudiculously drawn out Wolvie return, or know where it fits into the current story line, i am asduming it is after the AU events.

I agree it is waste of time to argue, but you are being a bit nihilistic. If you aren’t going to emotionally invest in a character, why bother reading anything, any comic, any book, any literature, any comedy sketch show, any TV programme? It's all contrived by its very nature for authors / writers to set out their views. I've always loved Jean through all her incarnations, various writers, some more than others. Writers may give her and Bishop a raw deal etc. Why cant they get into a relationship and then decide its not for them? Or maybe it will work out that it. But just emphasising the 'pointlessness' of it of any story is just pointless in itself, if you put everything down to a writing or editorial issue. Jean means so much more to me than just individual writers / editors. By your reasoning then there is no point getting excited at the good things either. Dark Phoenix storyline itself, I cannot see just as a 'story' and in fact if editorial had NOT insisted on the changes to Claremont's original story it would not have had the impact that it did and continues to have.

Although whether the editor now are doing a good job is another question.....

I just find your view too nihilistic - so why bother reading / watching anything!
    Last edited by Portsian; 01-22-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I agree it is waste of yime to argue, but ur being a bit nihilistic. If you aren’t going to dmotionally invest in a character, why bither reading anythung, any comic, any book, sny literature, any comedy sketch dhow, any TV orogram. Its all contrived by its bery nature fir authors to out their views across. Ive akways loved Hean through all her incarnations, various writers, some more than others. Writers may give her Bishop Stifm etc a raw deal etc. But just emphasising all ofvwgat we argue / think or feel is basically a writing or editorial issue, demeans wgat Jean neans ir represents to me. The reverse is saying whats the point in getting excited wgen somethung goid haooens to / for Jean. Pointless talking sbout ut cis uts just the writers...

But too cynical for me..
    I can't even get what you're saying too many typos

BANNED

The thing with Bishop could mean a fun new situation for Jean Grey that we haven't seen before. It's the kind of thing that we should see throughout the books, rather than continuously doing the same things other writers have already done better.

I don't know if this is weird but...

Can'tHexTheX, you sound familiar. Didn't you had at any time a previous account on these boards?

Does Bishop really go to jail for kissing Jean? Are the writers intentionally evoking the history of black men being punished on behalf of white women?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Does Bishop really go to jail for kissing Jean? Are the writers intentionally evoking the history of black men being punished on behalf of white women?
    It's the most probable case.

Also for good or bad i think it is better to leave race out of this. They are just people

BANNED

I don't know if this is weird but...

Can'tHexTheX, you sound familiar. Didn't you had at any time a previous account on these boards?
    It is a little weird, but...flattering I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The way I read it - don't remember which interview - it's gonna be a literal thing. Like love is actually outlawed. That's would be interesting analogy though, for sure!