KC Superman
    Obsidian
    Doctor Fate (Hector Hall)

Annihilators
    Silver Surfer
    Gladiator
    Quasar
    Beta Ray Bill

Speed equalized. Post crisis versions. Who wins?
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 07-28-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Oof. Initial death frag is going to be intense. KC supes was generally beyond his standard Post Crisis self, correct?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oof. Initial death frag is going to be intense. KC supes was generally beyond his standard Post Crisis self, correct?
    Yeah, by quite a bit. Like blows that break normal Superman's nose or send him flying don't make KC Supes budge, and he then one shot the brick who launched those blows with a casual backhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yeah, by quite a bit. Like blows that break normal Superman's nose or send him flying don't make KC Supes budge, and he then one shot the brick who launched those blows with a casual backhand.
    That's the scan I was wondering about. I've seen it floating around but never had context.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yes. He wasnt moved by a punch that sent regular Supes flying. Tellingly, regular Superman was bloodied by an accidental elbow by the guy who punched him, same guy winds up and punches KC Superman in the face to no effect
    https://m.imgur.com/a/8jGMQ

He also has other stuff like punching away magic lightning that was turning Jay Garrick into speed force energy. Oh and impressively, even after his weight had been increased hundredfold by Starman, he muscled his way out of a dogpile involving Power Girl and Alan Scott

https://m.imgur.com/a/7Scy7

I feel like non evil Obsidian was not as powerful as evil Obsidian as far as the circumstances involved of both states of affairs.

In a speed equalized fight, where everyone has to do more to hold up their end of it, that's a thing.

That's the scan I was wondering about. I've seen it floating around but never had context.
    Gog or was it Magog was going around killing gods. Supermen investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I feel like non evil Obsidian was not as powerful as evil Obsidian as far as the circumstances involved of both states of affairs.

In a speed equalized fight, where everyone has to do more to hold up their end of it, that's a thing.
    Obsidian got somewhat....incompetent using his powers after joining the Society. But that's just PIS...right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Obsidian got somewhat....incompetent using his powers after joining the Society. But that's just PIS...right?
    Part of me wants to say that some of it was that he was pretty juiced up for his big ol villain roaring rampage.

It's a touch nebulous I suppose.

Part of me wants to say that some of it was that he was pretty juiced up for his big ol villain roaring rampage.

It's a touch nebulous I suppose.
    Well.....I guess something that works in his favor is that he was pretty competent in both his villain rampages, early on and later when he teamed up with Mordru

Edited OP to make it more competitive. How does it go now?

I mean, if you spot Obsidian his evil showings, the problem for team Marvel is that he's going to mind control/enthrall/etc. Bill and Gladiator certainly, at which point this leads to team Marvel simply getting overwhelmed.

The problem is that centers around how much Obsidian should get his evil showings. It feels thorny.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Wouldn't multiplying Superman's weight a hundredfold be akin to putting a hat on Godzilla, for all that it should hamper him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Wouldn't multiplying Superman's weight a hundredfold be akin to putting a hat on Godzilla, for all that it should hamper him?
    If it's an especially fancy hat, but also one Godzilla really likes, that should hamper him fine for the care he would take to not have it fall off his head or get messed up though.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

If it's an especially fancy hat, but also one Godzilla really likes, that should hamper him fine for the care he would take to not have it fall off his head or get messed up though.
    Atomic barf might ignite it, so he may not want to use that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate