Page 20 of 719 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120520 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I always thought of it as a visual and indeed it does seem like characters are looking at the head at times, lol!
    Yes there instances when there is an actual visual of the psi-projection. Like when Xavier contacts Storm in UXM 171 and she throws a dagger through the image. But when it's so large like with Jean in Space I always interpreted it as an artistic "storytelling" rendering to show the scale of her power being used. Or as with Warren, to show that she made contact with his mind.

It's always interesting how we as readers interpret the same things, differently.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep! Thats when Neal Adams took over as artist adn was doing new and interesting things with the visuals of Jean's powers. This was a fave

LOL....at the description. I imagine Roy Thomas didnt know what the heck that was but went with it when he got the panels
    This is one of my favs from this era. It works as a great visual for telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep! Thats when Neal Adams took over as artist adn was doing new and interesting things with the visuals of Jean's powers. This was a fave

LOL....at the description. I imagine Roy Thomas didnt know what the heck that was but went with it when he got the panels
    I love this scene. Neal Adams was so good for Jean's powers!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And it would be so easy, it's not like the X-telepaths don't have distinct personalities and visuals which would make the process that much easier oh wait....

Off the top of the dome:

Jean/Rachel: Some form of Phoenix emblem or aesthetic that fiery. I'd settle for Jean's color being pink while Rachel's was red/orange.
    Xavier: psychic Cerebro helmet
    Emma: some form of stylized crown
    Psylocke/Captain Britain: psychic butterfly; honestly I'd prefer this to just be Bets but I'd compromise on both
    Stepford Cuckoo: maybe gimmick infringement but three telepathic birds/crowns I'm lending towards three cuckoos
    Quentin Quire: Some form of Omega symbol telepathic signature, dude already has the psychic shotgun.

Same!

I really like a blue color for Emma's powers. It works for her. What they are doing in X-factor right now with Rachel works. I like it in Extraordinary X-men when Jean's powers were a dark pink/red and were kind of fiery. It was a nice look. The psi-gun for Quire I don't enjoy so much. Karma has one of the best psi-signatures. The butterfly and knives/swords work great for CB and Psylocke.

Jean needs more of a change so her powers don't look generic. I liked the subtle pink glow that was used in the New X-men days. Lately Jean's powers are shown by her eyes glowing pink. How do you all feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    And it would be so easy, it's not like the X-telepaths don't have distinct personalities and visuals which would make the process that much easier oh wait....

Off the top of the dome:

Jean/Rachel: Some form of Phoenix emblem or aesthetic that fiery. I'd settle for Jean's color being pink while Rachel's was red/orange.
    Xavier: psychic Cerebro helmet
    Emma: some form of stylized crown
    Psylocke/Captain Britain: psychic butterfly; honestly I'd prefer this to just be Bets but I'd compromise on both
    Stepford Cuckoo: maybe gimmick infringement but three telepathic birds/crowns I'm lending towards three cuckoos
    Quentin Quire: Some form of Omega symbol telepathic signature, dude already has the psychic shotgun.

Same!

Very nice listing. Maybe they need colors too? Dark Pink for Jean, red for Rachel, light pink for Betsy, White for Emma, Blue for Xavier?

Thanks for that telepathic Xavier visual! Yes, they are definitely looking at that!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-25-2021 at 03:08 PM.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I like how you have the boots going up to her thighs!
    Thanks doing a pen rendering of her and wolverine. Wip. IMG_20210125_154607.jpg can't wait to do emma and her together.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astral Projection (as with Astral travelling) is different than Psi/telepathic projection/communication shown in that panel, though.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I really hated Yu's art when he took over X-men back in 2000 but I LOVED his rendition of Jean in that issue. Its too bad he wasnt able to draw anything spectacular with her in the current run. At least he got to do 1 and a half issues of Phoenix Resurrection. His Phoenix there was amazing

pencillers need better material to work on. So far majority of things have been bland

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    This was/is exquisite!!!

Has any writer ever attempted to provide an in-universe explanation as to why telepathy is a such a commonly-occurring mutation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Has any writer ever attempted to provide an in-universe explanation as to why telepathy is a such a commonly-occurring mutation?
    Not that I am aware.

However, in the beginning, I think it was just Xavier, Shadow King, Amahl Farouk and Living Diamond, as well as Jean with her TP placed in stasis. Later on, came the multitude of TP characters.

When in the original O5 comics did Jean first become a telepath in her own right rather than inheriiting it from Xavier?

Jean really shined in X-Men #17 today. She still looks good in her X-Factor costume too.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.