Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, I think we have our reasons for that.

Black Cat is going to be involved with the Infinity Gems very soon, and when these gems are involved, anything can happen. Also, I can't thinking that, even although OMD erased the marriage with MJ, 616's Spider-Man has married two times, actually. The other one was with Black Cat in her annual. I know they were just pretending in a ceremony of the Maggia, but ever since then, I'm not sure if that "marriage" actually counts. Do you imagine MJ's reaction if Felicia mentions it?
    well Felica married "Spider-Man" not Peter Parker so I guess Mj will look at it that way
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Black Cat is going to be involved with the Infinity Gems very soon, and when these gems are involved, anything can happen. Also, I can't thinking that, even although OMD erased the marriage with MJ, 616's Spider-Man has married two times, actually. The other one was with Black Cat in her annual. I know they were just pretending in a ceremony of the Maggia, but ever since then, I'm not sure if that "marriage" actually counts. Do you imagine MJ's reaction if Felicia mentions it?
    Now I want a running gag where Felicia calls Spider-man hubby whenever MJ is there to piss her off.Not that the marriage counts, aside from it being maggia they never even completed the ceremony IIRC, but I want to see the interaction.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Now I want a running gag where Felicia calls Spider-man hubby whenever MJ is there to piss her off.Not that the marriage counts, aside from it being maggia they never even completed the ceremony IIRC, but I want to see the interaction.
    The wed part WAS completed, the part they didn't complete was where they then fought each other to death.

Extraordinary Member

The wed part WAS completed, the part they didn't complete was where they then fought each other to death.
    Isn't that part of the wedding tradition? Or is that just specific to this one?

Either way hope it's brought up here
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 10-19-2021 at 07:29 AM.

The marriage was between Peter and Felicia when they were wearing disguises, so his real name wasn't used, and he went as Spider-Man too, so that marriage is definitely not official in any way lol.

Ultimate Member

This is a comic book remember, anything is possible, so Peter could be with MJ and Spider-Man could be with Felicia

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The marriage was between Peter and Felicia when they were wearing disguises, so his real name wasn't used, and he went as Spider-Man too, so that marriage is definitely not official in any way lol.
    Reminds me of Tom King logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Bat" and "Cat" are married in spirit or something like that right?.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    This is a comic book remember, anything is possible, so Peter could be with MJ and Spider-Man could be with Felicia
    Should've used that separation between Peter and Spidey that happened back in ASM#2 vol 5 for that .

Oh goody, what did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    "Bat" and "Cat" are married in spirit or something like that right?.
    What.

Should've used that separation between Peter and Spidey that happened back in ASM#2 vol 5 for that .

Oh goody, what did he say?

What.
    At the end of his run they sort of get married as "Bat" and "Cat" but is not an official wedding, so is trying to go for the "we don't need a piece of paper to show our compromise" angle, at least that's why i remember lol. I migth be wrong, i kind of speed read the last arc/issue of Tom King's run when it happened and don't feel like revisiting it

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

At the end of his run they sort of get married as "Bat" and "Cat" but is not an official wedding, so is trying to go for the "we don't need a piece of paper to show our compromise" angle, at least that's why i remember lol.
    Sounds like he was trying to repair the damage that was, y'know, the marriage not happening lol.

I migth be wrong, i kind of speed read the last arc/issue of Tom King's run when it happened and don't feel like revisiting it
    I'm surprised you read that far.

Was I the only one smart enough to drop his run before it got really bad? I dropped it before The Gift even .

Sounds like he was trying to repair the damage that was, y'know, the marriage not happening lol.

Was I the only one smart enough to drop his run before it got really bad? I dropped it before The Gift even .
    You saved yourself a lot of headache.

I imagine, he is also writting a Batman/Catwoman maxi-series right now, althought i don't know if it is canon.

Honestly, my reading of King's run was inconsistent, i remember stopping after the "I Am Bane" story, then came back around the time the Talia arc, the i dropped again after the faux-wedding, then it came back around the time of Knightmares, out of curiosity for what happened to Dick, i dropped again after Bruce punched Tim, then i came back around to see the last and dropped it in that issue when Thomas Wayne beats the enterity of the Batfamily and like 6 months later i said "ah, **** it lets just finish this, i already came to far anyway", sometimes i believe that i migth be a masochist lol.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-19-2021 at 09:29 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

You saved yourself a lot of headache.
    I dropped it right before The Gift even, during that boring ass Ivy story lol.

I did check it out eventually so see if The Gift was as bad as I heard, and, well, to put it nicely, it's like a prototype Heroes in Crisis lol.

But that was me choosing to read a bad comic while being aware it's bad, I'd certainly be more annoyed if I read it while not expecting, that...

I imagine, he is also writting a Batman/Catwoman maxi-series right now, althought i don't know if it is canon.
    Great, can't wait for Selina to run away from another marriage.

Honestly, my reading of King's run was inconsistent, i remember stopping after the "I Am Bane" story, then came back around the time the Talia arc, the i dropped again after the faux-wedding, then it came back around the time of Knightmares, out of curiosity for what happened to Dick, i dropped again after Bruce punched Tim, then i came back around to see the last and dropped it in that issue when Thomas Wayne beats the enterity of the Batfamily and like 6 months later i said "ah, **** it lets just finish this, i already came to anyway", sometimes i believe that i migth be a masochist lol.
    That's such a "stick and carrot" situation, only I see no carrot .

I dropped it right before The Gift even, during that boring ass Ivy story lol.

I did check it out eventually so see if The Gift was as bad as I heard, and, well, to put it nicely, it's like a prototype Heroes in Crisis lol.

But that was me choosing to read a bad comic while being aware it's bad, I'd certainly be more annoyed if I read it while not expecting, that...
    Even "Everyone loves Ivy" felt like a proto-HiC when you see the crazy nonsensical feats and moral logic.