Page 714 of 774 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 11598

Leah talks about Wanda and her mutant heritage starting at 1:01:00

Spoilers and big ones for Trial of Magneto.

Seems like Marvel is making her stick strictly to their already planned future for the character. Which could be good or bad. But no matter what the ending, I hope people don't attack Leah for it. Events are heavily mandated and this one is no different. spoilers:
    It doesn't seem like it undoes the retcon from her wording, but that doesn't mean Wanda won't have relationships to some other characters. There is more than one link to them besides blood. So it being taken away does not remove the link. She can still for instance have a sisterly relationship to Polaris.
    end of spoilers
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm neutral about her mutant origin, don't really care if she is or not but people who bought the trial of magneto (which it been selling really well for what i saw) and some casual fans will obviously feel dissapointed and probably attack marvel and leah over not changing what they wanted, it's sad for pietro i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Seems like Marvel is making her stick strictly to their already planned future for the character. Which could be good or bad. But no matter what the ending, I hope people don't attack Leah for it. Events are heavily mandated and this one is no different. spoilers:
    It doesn't seem like it undoes the retcon from her wording, but that doesn't mean Wanda won't have relationships to some other characters. There is more than one link to them besides blood. So it being taken away does not remove the link. She can still for instance have a sisterly relationship to Polaris.
    end of spoilers
    No high hopes (exactly what I felt since the beggining)
    spoilers:
    The problem is polaris/Wand barely know each other, they don't have a relationship. It needs to be build from scratch
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    No high hopes (exactly what I felt since the beggining)
    spoilers:
    The problem is polaris/Wand barely know each other, they don't have a relationship. It needs to be build from scratch
    end of spoilers
    Yep spoilers:
    The problem is as it always has been. They are bad at building relationships. I keep hoping they get better at it.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

end of spoilers
    But their relationship was pretty much just a biological one at best.

I feel bad she's gonna get dragged the Retcon was the only thing most of the audience was sticking around for Marvel is setting her up for failure.

Extraordinary Member

If the retcon is the only thing people care about her, then they should not really be fans.

Other media related creative restrictions on what the comics can do is an underappreciated element holding back Wanda's comic story. The print media is waiting for the MCU to show its hand rather then being able to move her forward.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I have real trouble in seeing how they could make that work.

They need some plot thread joining them or area of conflict.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-29-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel bad she's gonna get dragged the Retcon was the only thing most of the audience was sticking around for Marvel is setting her up for failure.
    Yeah people can't help themselves and were already sending her death threats at the beginning of the event.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    But their relationship was pretty much just a biological one at best.
    It has been non-existent either way. She just doesn't have to be a mutant or biologically related for them to write stories with certain characters around her. I just never have the greatest confidence they will ever do that. They don't even build on the relationships she did have within the Avengers.

I'm just saying I hope people don't target the writer for the story that is mandated. They likely were never gonna do it. The company as a whole controls the characters, not the writers.

Extraordinary Member

Once Franklin Richards went through the same "not a mutant" retcon it seemed clear that whatever happened with Wanda and Pietro was not because of the movie rights, or at least it wasn't going to change back just because Disney bought Fox.

I don't know what they're going to do with this series or what they have planned for Wanda after (I'll settle for "anything"). I feel like if they were going to un-retcon them they would have planted some kind of hint that it was going to happen, and instead the only references to the issue we've had at all state that Wanda is a fake mutant who fooled Cerebro.

I think one part of it is the movies. They have a clear plan there. Leah did talk about it. My wonder is what their plan is for her for comics. Because it seems like they are streamlining the character for this huge marketing plan. Does it include comics? Can I be hopeful to read some things with Wanda in it that aren't just her being dusted off for some guest appearance or plot device in an event?

Leah did talk about the purpose of the event. It is to redeem Wanda. Whether it does that or not, we'll see. I'll be happy if Leah can somehow help her shed the baggage that has weighed her down for 17 years.

Extraordinary Member

This all brings us back to what's going to happen in Multiverse of Madness, I guess. I hate having to constantly worry about that, but I don't thing I'd care so much if she was in comics. Whatever the MCU is or isn't planning it's not their fault that they're the only place to follow Wanda.

Except whether she gets to be in comics might depend on what happens to her in the MCU... though then again, the MCU hasn't had any impact on her in comics since her solo ended.

Let's just hope the comics division finally has a plan for her now that goes beyond cameo appearances and M-Day references.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Once Franklin Richards went through the same "not a mutant" retcon it seemed clear that whatever happened with Wanda and Pietro was not because of the movie rights, or at least it wasn't going to change back just because Disney bought Fox.

I don't know what they're going to do with this series or what they have planned for Wanda after (I'll settle for "anything"). I feel like if they were going to un-retcon them they would have planted some kind of hint that it was going to happen, and instead the only references to the issue we've had at all state that Wanda is a fake mutant who fooled Cerebro.
    Nah Wanda & Pietro's retcon was definitely due to movie rights the Mouse wanted Wanda so he got Wanda, poor Pietro got the **** end of the stick & has been ruined as a character ever since a noble sacrificed that allowed Wanda to become the Marvel It Girl who trends every other day.