Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worf vs Khan

Default Worf vs Khan

Montalban Khan. Unarmed fight.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Worf obviously loses, to show that Khan is a menacing, scary, threatening dude. It's pretty much his job description.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Going by the Abrams movie, Vulcans are noticeably stronger than Klingons, and Khan was overpowering Spock pretty decisively and would have almost certainly won if not for getting phasered in the back, so don't see how Worf fares better here

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Going by the Abrams movie, Vulcans are noticeably stronger than Klingons, and Khan was overpowering Spock pretty decisively and would have almost certainly won if not for getting phasered in the back, so don't see how Worf fares better here
    That's a different Khan from a different continuity.

Montalban Khan doesn't get Cumberbatch Khan's feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That's a different Khan from a different continuity.

Montalban Khan doesn't get Cumberbatch Khan's feats.
    I agree in principle, but in this case, why doesn't he? He's meant to be the exact same guy, just in a different timeline, but the timeline broke apart long after Khan was created and stranded.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

and honestly I don't remember the Montblanc version having any feats whatsoever to go on, he picked up Chekov at one point fairly effortlessly so he's clearly meant to be superhuman strength wise but other than that there wasn't anything I recall to go use for a rumble

Does Worf get his DS 9 combat feats? IIRC the writers there stopped "Worfing" him and he had some epic scraps with the Jem Hadar.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    Does Worf get his DS 9 combat feats?
    Yes.

characterlimitjunk

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    and honestly I don't remember the Montblanc version having any feats whatsoever to go on, he picked up Chekov at one point fairly effortlessly so he's clearly meant to be superhuman strength wise but other than that there wasn't anything I recall to go use for a rumble
    He got into a brawl with Kirk in his debut episode

Incredible Member

Does Worf get his DS 9 combat feats? IIRC the writers there stopped "Worfing" him and he had some epic scraps with the Jem Hadar.
    Correct. In fact Michael Dorn stated that he'd return to the role as long as they stopped having Worf be the bad guys punching bag and actually have him win fights.

Astonishing Member

I do recall disarming Khan someone and crumpling their phaser with his bare hands in the original series.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I agree in principle, but in this case, why doesn't he? He's meant to be the exact same guy, just in a different timeline, but the timeline broke apart long after Khan was created and stranded.
    It's still a different timeline though plus if we did it would open a whole can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's still a different timeline though plus if we did it would open a whole can of worms.
    It's more conjecture than anything else. MontalKhan is still strong, skilled and tough. And Worf is still going to... Worf to him.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It's more conjecture than anything else. MontalKhan is still strong, skilled and tough. And Worf is still going to... Worf to him.
    I'm not sure where you are drawing this conclusion from. Yes he did lose a lot of fights in Next Generation. He also won a lot of fights in DS9. You are a veteran of this board, shouldn't we take his feats into account then, instead of the narrative Plot Induced Stupidity of having the Worf lose fights to hype the bad guy?

His consecutive wins against Jem Hadar while imprisoned and wounded is a good feat. So is beating Duras and Gowron, and his fighting record with a Mek'leth.

I'd rather we talk about his feats than the unfortunate tendency of writers on Next Gen to job him to give new heel cheap heat.

If you dont like the character thats fine too, i for instance loath Cassandra Cain. But i do, begrudgingly, accept her feats.

If you think the quality of the choreography isn great either i totally agree with you there.

I would like to hear your considered opinion, out of respect for your veteran poster status.
    Last edited by Muadib; 12-03-2021 at 07:04 AM.

I'm not sure where you are drawing this conclusion from. Yes he did lose a lot of fights in Next Generation. He also won a lot of fights in DS9. You are a veteran of this board, shouldn't we take his feats into account then, instead of the narrative Plot Induced Stupidity of having the Worf lose fights to hype the bad guy?

His consecutive wins against Jem Hadar while imprisoned and wounded is a good feat. So is beating Duras and Gowron, and his fighting record with a Mek'leth.

I'd rather we talk about his feats than the unfortunate tendency of writers on Next Gen to job him to give new heel cheap heat.

If you dont like the character thats fine too, i for instance loath Cassandra Cain. But i do, begrudgingly, accept her feats.

If you think the quality of the choreography isn great either i totally agree with you there.

I would like to hear your considered opinion, out of respect for your veteran poster status.
    Eh, I was basically joking. Worf is literally a trope, so I abused that trope, all tongue in cheek. I thought the glibness was evident. I can't really comment perfectly on this specific fight beyond quips. I watched pretty much all of Next Gen, but long ago, and Worf was like 0 for 300 on that show. I doubt I've seen more than 5 episodes of DS9 and don't recall any feats for Worf there. I saw Khan's feats from TOS perhaps in the early 80's, and haven't seen Wrath of Khan since perhaps the early 90's. Khan was talked up, but his actual feats that I recall are light on the ground. I guess he beat Kirk handily, and crushed somebody's skull with his bare hands.