Page 116 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1963
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well technically so is Clint since he was trained by the original Swordsman.
    Yes, but his training with swords is something that was retconned in later. At the time Clint first became Ronin, we had never been told/shown that Swordsman had taught him how to use a sword. Granted, most of us were able to make that leap of logic, so it wasn't exactly a huge shock when it was later confirmed--but there were plenty of readers who got in an uproar over the whole Ronin thing, wanting to know where Clint suddenly developed these new skills from.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think it would be cool if Kate had some tech that shifts into different weapons (kinda like Jane Foster's current weapon as Valkyrie), so that would allow writers to easily explore her versatility without having to make her give up on any particular weapon at any particular time. I've always liked the alien energy bow she had in Gillen's Young Avengers, and I don't think it would be far-fetched if it was established that that bow can turn into an energy sword, staff, or stuff like that.
    It wouldn't be good timing if they gave her that now - it would look like they copied the Supergirl TV show, which just gave Alex Danvers such a weapon (which is Martian tech).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think it would be cool if Kate had some tech that shifts into different weapons (kinda like Jane Foster's current weapon as Valkyrie), so that would allow writers to easily explore her versatility without having to make her give up on any particular weapon at any particular time. I've always liked the alien energy bow she had in Gillen's Young Avengers, and I don't think it would be far-fetched if it was established that that bow can turn into an energy sword, staff, or stuff like that.
    I'd rather give something like that to Prodigy because he's explicitly skilled with multiple types of weapons. And having him shift between them is a good way to illustrate him using the skills he's gained

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It wouldn't be good timing if they gave her that now - it would look like they copied the Supergirl TV show, which just gave Alex Danvers such a weapon (which is Martian tech).
    I don't think it's a big deal. The concept of a ''universal weapon'' is not exactly something new, Alex and Kate are completely different characters, and Supergirl is ending soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'd rather give something like that to Prodigy because he's explicitly skilled with multiple types of weapons. And having him shift between them is a good way to illustrate him using the skills he's gained
    Sure, but I just happen to like Kate more, so I prefer to see something like that with her. LOL

https://twitter.com/chriswelch/statu...00795366596612

Hawkeye is filming in NYC next week, which means there will definitely be set pics. I hope there are Kate scenes so we can finally get confirmation of who got cast.

Incredible Member

I'm pretty sure it was a rumor from Bleeding Cool. Their rumors are 50/50, sometimes they're right, sometimes they're not (and yes, I'm still holding a grudge over that rumor from last year saying we were gonna get a new Young Avengers book).
    Marvel changed it from an early leaked copy that we saw, promising more Young Avengers, to what was actually published. Sorry.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So? That shows going off the air in a season anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Marvel changed it from an early leaked copy that we saw, promising more Young Avengers, to what was actually published. Sorry.
    Oh, I totally believe this is Marvel's fault for being tone deaf and not understanding what Young Avengers fans want. Cebulski has now said twice we were gonna get YA content only to give us one page with the team briefly together for the past two years.... They probably mean individual members getting stuff to do (like Empyre), and while I appreciate that, I wish they wouldn't specifically promise Young Avengers stuff if they don't mean the entire team is officially getting back together.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Steinfeld confirmed on her Insta that she's Kate. Well probably see set photos in a few days when filming starts.

Also it's rumored that spoilers:
    Yelena Belova is in the show.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Steinfeld confirmed on her Insta that she's Kate. Well probably see set photos in a few days when filming starts.

end of spoilers
    Not exactly, while I'm like 99% sure she is Kate, the post was about her b'day, and her star sign being sagittarius obviously corresponds with the archer (hence the bow and arrow emoji). The post just "coincidentally" had a lot of Kate signifiers (actual picture included), which lends itself to her having been cast once her schedule cleared.

Anyway, I'm curious if Disney/Marvel is pulling a baby Yoda with Billy and Tommy WV merch and withholding it until after the show/their intro episode. While I'm not gonna give myself high expectations on casting (god please don't be the Sprouse brothers or anyone homophobic) I wanna know what their outfits are gonna be, and if I'm gonna have to put myself through watching them run around in the MCU's fav aesthetic of paramilitary pleather and padding.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    end of spoilers
    If that rumor is true, I can't wait until the ''she's gonna be a Young Avenger!!'' theories from MCU locals.... Although her presence on the show is probably just to tie loose ends from the spoilers:
    Black Widow movie
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Not exactly, while I'm like 99% sure she is Kate, the post was about her b'day, and her star sign being sagittarius obviously corresponds with the archer (hence the bow and arrow emoji). The post just "coincidentally" had a lot of Kate signifiers (actual picture included), which lends itself to her having been cast once her schedule cleared.
    I think the deniability would be bigger if it wasn't for the fact that the directors of the Hawkeye show literally commented on her post with a bunch of purple hearts (after they followed her around the same time they followed Jeremy Renner). Between that, the bow and arrow emoji and the picture of a dark-haired girl wearing a purple headband... I feel like there is no way this is just a coincidence.

Anyway, I'm curious if Disney/Marvel is pulling a baby Yoda with Billy and Tommy WV merch and withholding it until after the show/their intro episode. While I'm not gonna give myself high expectations on casting (god please don't be the Sprouse brothers or anyone homophobic) I wanna know what their outfits are gonna be, and if I'm gonna have to put myself through watching them run around in the MCU's fav aesthetic of paramilitary pleather and padding.
    Yeah, I think it's very possible this is happening. We still haven't gotten any merch for Agnes, which is weird since she seems to play a significant part on the show. And there's also no merch for any villain, and I'm sure the show will have one (maybe even Agnes herself, although I hope that's not the case if she is Agatha Harkness). So I think it's likely there is going to be a second wave for merch that includes stuff they don't want revealed right now. Although we just recently got one surprise look at Monica Rambeau wearing a white and black suit through merch that we didn't know about before, so who knows...

As for how they'll look, I'm expecting them to follow the same pattern as the Wanda/Vision merch and we get merch of them with different civilian clothes from different eras. I don't expect to see them as superheroes yet, so I'm not expecting Wiccan/Speed merch necessarily. If anything, I think our first look at suited Kate may give us a hint as to how the other Young Avengers may look like.

And while we're on the subject of casting, while I find it unlikely they would cast someone openly homophobic in Hollywood, I AM a little worried after people found out that the actor that got cast as Bruno in the Ms. Marvel show is a low-key Trump supporter, and all hell is already breaking loose in the Ms. Marvel Twitter fandom because of it. I know some YA stans are not big fans of the idea of Hailee as Kate, but it's nowhere near as bad as what's happening in the Ms. Marvel fandom right now, so... all I ask is for things to remain like that. LOL

spoilers:
    I can't wait for the Kate/Yelena shipping to become a thing, its like knowing a trainwreck is coming but unable to tear your eyes away
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    I can't wait for the Kate/Yelena shipping to become a thing, its like knowing a trainwreck is coming but unable to tear your eyes away
    end of spoilers
    Oh, yeah. That too. Alternatively, spoilers:
    people could be shipping Kate with Maya Lopez as a way to project the AmeriKate we probably won't be able to ship if the MAC actress really is a 14-yo. Or Maya with Yelena. Or Kate, Maya AND Yelena, because why the hell not?
    end of spoilers

I wonder which ship will be the new Stucky of this new generation of the MCU, as in, a popular gay ship in fanon that is obviously never going to be canon. My bets used to be on AmeriKate, but now I'm thinking it'll possibly involve the Fantastic Four or the X-Men. Maybe Spideytorch.

And while we're on the subject of casting, while I find it unlikely they would cast someone openly homophobic in Hollywood, I AM a little worried after people found out that the actor that got cast as Bruno in the Ms. Marvel show is a low-key Trump supporter, and all hell is already breaking loose in the Ms. Marvel Twitter fandom because of it. I know some YA stans are not big fans of the idea of Hailee as Kate, but it's nowhere near as bad as what's happening in the Ms. Marvel fandom right now, so... all I ask is for things to remain like that. LOL
    What an ironic person to cast for the best friend/love interest for Ms. Marvel, of all characters (who literally spent an entire issue trying to spur people to vote against Trump).

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

Oh, yeah. That too. Alternatively, spoilers:
    people could be shipping Kate with Maya Lopez as a way to project the AmeriKate we probably won't be able to ship if the MAC actress really is a 14-yo. Or Maya with Yelena. Or Kate, Maya AND Yelena, because why the hell not?
    end of spoilers

I wonder which ship will be the new Stucky of this new generation of the MCU, as in, a popular gay ship in fanon that is obviously never going to be canon. My bets used to be on AmeriKate, but now I'm thinking it'll possibly involve the Fantastic Four or the X-Men. Maybe Spideytorch.
    I wonder how those weirdo fetishizer Stucky shippers will react to an actual gay couple like BillyTeddy lmao! They can't be weird about how they're subtext-ually star crossed lovers and the women in their lives are Lilith incarnate when Billy and Teddy are actually star crossed lovers, and the only women in their lives are either queer as well (or on their way to being, hehe...) or in Cassie's case, too young.

Granted, with spoilers:
    Sylvie being rumored to appear in Loki
    end of spoilers I hope that Marvel doesn't do some wack "he'll be gay eventually" starter relationship based on a single cover where Billy and her are uncomfortably close, and given that the arc it happened in could be coming too... Lemme not think of the nightmare scenarios and just enjoy the calm before the storm that will be my Twitter when Billy and Tommy make their debut.

And in terms of another Stucky, my bets are on either SpideyTorch OR with marvel seemingly gungho about representation, maybe if they intro Bobby as gay from the start, I can see him being one half of a gay/straight unrequited womp-fest with maybe Peter or another guy.