Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1355
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When is he finally going to join the X-men? Id love it if he were announced for one of the rumored relaunched titles
    A new X-factor book?

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    A new X-factor book?
    thats not X-men

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not X-men
    Ya but X-factor is the X team he is supposed to be with, plus there are still 2 other X-men teams out there even with Gold and Blue are wrapping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Ya but X-factor is the X team he is supposed to be with, plus there are still 2 other X-men teams out there even with Gold and Blue are wrapping up.
    but I didn't ask about X-Factor as thats already been done. I want him to finally be with the X-men, something that should have happened in the past 50 years.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I liked that Wanda briefly appeared in issue 3. I'm surprised i'm enjoying this as much as i am. Although i would like to see QS have more interaction with others. Starting to wonder if those QS time shadow dupes might have something to do with QS antics of traveling thru time in Son of M?

Quicksilver: No Surrender Is Giving the Maximoff Twins Some Much-Needed Depth
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/quicksilver-...ins-1828340195

Before they were Avengers, members of Magneto’s evil mutant Brotherhood, or the subjects of the High Evolutionary’s twisted experiments, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff were family—twins—and the only people in the world looking out for one another. The currently running Marvel Comic series Quicksilver: No Surrender is adding depth to their characters in the best way.

The Maximoffs have lived many different lives in the almost 55 years since they first appeared in X-Men #4. Gradually, they evolved from campy villains befitting the ‘60s into complicated, nuanced antiheroes whose personal lives have transformed the landscape of Marvel’s comics in different ways. Wanda, most often depicted as having a tenuous grasp on reality and her abilities to manipulate it with chaos magic, has been the driving force behind some of the most monumental events in the universe.

The sheer magnitude of Wanda’s power alone is what often makes her the target of villains, like Magneto, seeking to use her power for their own motives. While Pietro’s abilities are nothing like sister’s, their connection has always made him a power player in his own right, because he’s one of the few people in the world who understands and can emotionally connect with Wanda, something rooted deeply in their childhoods.

Because Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch only tend to have meaningful interactions during major comic book events, it’s rare that we actually get a chance to see them spending time together as siblings away from the theatrics of their superhero lives. But their bond has (refreshingly) been a major component of Marvel’s Quicksilver: No Surrender series from writer Saladin Ahmed and illustrators Eric Nguyen and Rico Renzi.

As tends to be the case with the silver-haired speedster, No Surrender finds Pietro alone, frustrated, and in trouble. Unlike in past rough spots where Pietro’s troubles tie back to his criminal past and continued flirtations with villainy, the enemies he finds himself faced with in No Surrender are demons of his own making.

Trapped in a world seemingly out of space and time where everything and everyone is frozen, Pietro’s been racing around the globe in search of a way out—a search that’s been repeatedly interrupted by strange apparitions resembling himself. When the false Quicksilvers aren’t attacking Pietro directly, they go after those who mean something to him, forcing Pietro to focus on keeping them safe, all while knowing that he simply can’t keep running forever.

In his solitude, Pietro’s had time to reflect back on the events in his life leading up to the present, and No Surrender really digs into the loneliness that exists at the core of his character. For Pietro, it isn’t just that he’s stuck in a world full of frozen people—being super fast makes it that, in a way, that particular kind of isolation almost feels familiar for him. Rather, No Surrender zeroes in on that important part of Pietro’s (and by extension, Wanda’s) identity by using Pietro’s literal race around the world as kind of metaphor for his being a person without a home.

Though their origins seldom feature prominently in stories about them, the Maximoff twins were born to Romani people living near Wundagore mountain before the High Evolutionary temporarily whisked them away as infants. Perhaps even more than their vigilante careers, it’s the time they spent together as children that taught them the importance of relying on one another for protection, because being Roma meant being born into a life of persecution.

When the apparitions set their sights on a frozen Wanda, Pietro races to save her, and in a series of flashbacks we see that Pietro’s lasting need to protect his sister is also the source of a deep-seated guilt and frustration. For all of Pietro’s lifelong attempts at keeping Wanda safe for harm, it’s undeniable that he’s just as often caused her pain. Almost every time Pietro’s attempted to save her, he’s ended up hurting Wanda in the process before she ultimately makes clear that she’s perfectly fine taking the world on alone. Understandably, this reality hurts Pietro, because, to him, it’s proof that she doesn’t necessarily “need” him in the same way that he needs her—she doesn’t wholly define herself by her relationship with her brother.

For Pietro, saving Wanda here is a solemn attempt to make right all of the wrongs he’s caused her over the course of their countless fallings out and reunions, but it’s also an important learning experience for him.

Frozen though she may be, Wanda’s still one of the most formidable witches of her era and, in fits and starts, she breaks through whatever barrier that’s separating Pietro from the rest of the world to remind him of something worth bearing in mind. As lonely and forsaken as Pietro might feel, especially when faced with another instance of his putting Wanda in danger, their relationship is a two-way street.

Wanda may drift away from Pietro, but she’s every bit as invested in protecting him as he is her. They’re one another’s people, and nothing short of one of Wanda’s more powerful hexes can change that.

BANNED

Quicksilver #8 Jun 1998
    "Rescue Mission(s)!" Part 1 of 2.
    Crystal is gone, but Pietro cannot chase after her since the Knights of Wundagore are still missing!
    Auspiciously, Quicksilver and Sir Ram finally learn the New Men's location in upstate New York and rush to free them!

However by the time they arrive, the knights have already defeated Avalanche, Feral, Omega Red, Pyro, Random and the Fenris twins;
    and escaped to the Savage Land! Why did Pietro's charges fly to the hidden paradise? Because that's where the High Evolutionary is hiding!

Unfortunately, Exodus knows that too and sends his acolytes to follow!

Cameo appearances by Bova, Nestor, Fabian Cortez, and Scanner. Flashback cameos by Crystal and the Black Knight.

Script by John Ostrander and Joe Edkin. Pencils by Derec Aucoin. Inks by Rich Faber.

Ok can someone tell me what was the point of the mini? I was pretty excited when I first heard he was getting a solo mini but after reading it I’m kinda perturbed. The story was blah and nothing really happened that it needed to be told in a mini. Seems like the point was to calm him down so he’s not so headstrong and angry. Could’ve been done in one issue honestly. I was hoping for a power upgrade or something along those lines, or a change in status quo, maybe a conversation with Magneto, something. I feel this was a waste just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Ok can someone tell me what was the point of the mini? I was pretty excited when I first heard he was getting a solo mini but after reading it I’m kinda perturbed. The story was blah and nothing really happened that it needed to be told in a mini. Seems like the point was to calm him down so he’s not so headstrong and angry. Could’ve been done in one issue honestly. I was hoping for a power upgrade or something along those lines, or a change in status quo, maybe a conversation with Magneto, something. I feel this was a waste just my opinion.
    I was half expecting Pietro to end the series with the ability to create and control those duplicates made out of not!speedforce he's been fighting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I agree with you 100%.
    Well, I was very disappointed.
    I thought he and Magneto were going to talk... even, perhaps, to pick up their condition of father and son.

All-New Member

Re-reading All New X-Factor two things popped into my head. One screw the red half of the House of M I really want the green family members to be their own people and not sidekicks who have their own stories torn apart to further promote Mags, Wanda and Billy (not that I've seen Billy or Tommy recently). The second was is any other hero called out on his bullshit quite as much as Pietro?
    Quicksilver is still apologizing for things from over a decade ago, hell he feels bad about and gets yelled at for things from the 60's. I cant think of any other character who this is true for. Most superheroes go evil, get possessed, blackmailed, make a mistake, mind controlled, go crazy or what not all the time and do horrible things hell some times there is no outside influence they just tear cities apart because two of them are arguing. These things seem to just get forgotten so why is it played up so much with Pietro?
    Last edited by suikofan1; 09-17-2018 at 02:45 AM.

BANNED

Quicksilver #9 Jul 1998
    "Escape from the Savage Land!" Part 2 of 2.
    In the tropical paradise at the bottom of the world, the forces of good and evil line up opposite one another... for the life of the High Evolutionary!
    Quicksilver, Sir Ram, Lord Anon and the remaining knights vs. Avalanche, Pyro, Decay, Feral, Gargouille, Projector, Random, Scanner, Omega Red and the Fenris twins!

If the near-omnipotent Evolutionary had just a tenth of his power, he could defeat the acolytes all by himself!
    But now it's up to the lightning-fast avenger and the noble New Men to safeguard Isotope E and get their creator to safety!

However during the battle, one of the knights appears to have a duplicitous agenda!

Is there a traitor in the midst inside the hidden jungle?
    Retelling of the High Evolutionary's origin. Flashback cameos by Thor, Jane Foster, Adam Warlock, the Man-Beast, and the Hulk..

Script by John Ostrander and Joe Edkin. Pencils by Ivan Reis. Inks by Randy Emberlin.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

768D239E-B936-4275-BE82-A4233FF5F7FB.jpg
    Anyone else feeling trepidation more than excitement? Only earlier this year, I would have been over the moon about this. Now I just feel like I’m being setup Charlie Brown style for them to triple down on the retcon.

Why do you feel that way?