Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Hmm… on the one hand I see a cool looking Cable variant there with a weird, Krakoa-tech looking version of his techno-organic virus (heavier emphasis on the organic side here)… but on the other hand I find it hard to care about an event that’s set in another alt U like Age of Apocalypse. The original AoA did it best and everything that’s come after trying to replicate it has been mediocre at best IMO. Even House of M, which was pretty well received. But it was no AoA.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if I can really muster enthusiasm for another line-wide AU crossover, but I guess the stuff with Sinister will finally come to a head.

So we've got...Magic Demon Hank attacking Sinister at a space base with Cable? Doesn't he look exactly like he did in that evil future X-Men team Bendis came up with?

Evil Storm?

Odin and a new version of Captain America? I don't think that's Steve.
    Storm is fighting the Captain Sinister with the diamond in his head, she is a good one.

Astonishing Member

And there people have Rasputin. Enjoy the excitment until the character will have to actualy fullfill a role or have anything lasting to do, especialy when she is somehow managing to stay in regular continuity and have to join the ever increasing relevance battle royal that is the current X-men setting.

Otherwise meh. I'm allready waiting for the, in my opinion, pointless AXE event to be over. Having yet another event interrupting the series and continuity yet again so soon, just leaves me cold and disinterested.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    This is an interesting point, and one I had not considered with Hickman’s changes to Mr. Sinister, though I think he gave credit to someone else. It’s odd because some of those characters are liked by the gay community and others are not. I wonder what gay readers think of Sinister these days?
    Im gay. I love Mr. Sinister. He is a gay stereotypical villain, yes. But these days it’s the norm to have lesbian, gay, or bisexual heroes.

So some of the stereotypical stuff Sinister is funny for me. Remember when every gay stereotypical villain in Marvel took estrogen and put on breasts? Miss Sinister? Lady Loki?
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 09-30-2022 at 10:47 AM.

BANNED

The events are just an effective way to market the comics. Obviously, they are working. And this is to lay down the future of Marvel and the MCU. Fir the first time they actually cemented the relationship between Eternals, mutants, and deviants.

Well I have zero interest in a AU event and even less interest in a Sinister focused story so I guess in January I will be taking a break from the X-Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    As we all have mostly guessed this new event seems to be an AU

Thanks for posting! Hello, maybe-Rasputin.

So while I'm not very interested in an AU, I do hope this finally wraps up Sinister's story which I have found interesting. I'd prefer glimpses of this Sinister future throughout this event, rather than the line being changed AOA style. It was originally marketed as a crossover so we'll see how interlocked the books will be, or not.

And since we have a certain mutant now in the role of protecter of the multiverse with a stable time-traveler by her side, I would hope they would be included.
    Last edited by JB; 09-30-2022 at 11:04 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

is it an alternate universe? I'm not interested, I already guess that there will be a link with the main universe only in the first and last page of this event lol
    all I ask is that it doesn't block all the other series...

I agree. An Alternative Universe story sounds absolutely boring and anti-climatical.

Why do they not let Sinister take over Krakoa? Find a reason why he is able to take over everybody resurrected with clone technology! What if everybody resurrected had a little bit of sleeper Sinister technology inside their bodies and minds? what about the reveal that Hope is actually another Jean Grey clone working for Sinister?!

Everybody not resurrected so far would have to become new heroes of Krakoa and safe the day.

You can do it in 3 issues of X-Men. No need for a big event.
    Last edited by Exodus; 09-30-2022 at 11:42 AM.

Fantastic Member

"Universe cursed by the Sins of Sinister". Sounds like it would show the universe (maybe several, if three parts of image meant to represent different realities) created as a result of Sinister resetting the timeline with Moira's power. Perhaps some of them are the possible futures that Destiny saw. The one with Storm(?), Nocturne(?) and Captain America may be "Canticle for Talia" or "The Storm System". The one with Sinister, Cable and Beast may be "The Empire of the Red Diamond". And the last one with Odin(?), may be "The Broken Sword" since all the characters have swords and other weapons.

I think the only way I would be interested to read it, is if it is an independent series in the Exiles format.

Hopefully it doesn't drag for 5 months and all books like Age of X-Man did.

Looks like a good time to take a break from the X titles. I'm fine with that as it will save me some money and I can get caught up on other titles. It just doesn't look interesting to me. Maybe that will change. I felt the same about A.X.E. and I decided to give it a chance and have liked most of it so far.

Hopefully its just 4 issues. One month. Weekly release.

Now that it's official that details of SoS are coming at NYCC, this is almost certainly a Duggan-led event (as many speculated) since he'll be on the panel. He introduced club Sinister and Dr. Stasis which are both interesting to me so I wonder how they'll play into this and, which Sinister's future are we talking about here.

Can someone refresh my memory as to how the chimeras came about in HoX/PoX? Was it a mutant Sinister that made them?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm not very interested in the idea of an AU crossover. They also appear to be chimeras which isn't really a concept I want or need to see expanded, the entire point of them being in one of Moira's other lives was to show a less successful precedent to mutant circuits. I don't like the promo art either. I see a Storm/Magneto, a Nightcrawler/Lauraverine, and a Nightcrawler/Domino. And I think this version of Rasputin might have some Moonstar in there.