Page 198 of 256 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3831
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Nope, I think Ra has called every Robin "Detective", by now to the point there is a joke that he simply doesn't remember their names
    Ya when Nightwing beat him in 2009 series issues 152-153.

Not being in Barbara's overwhelming presence, would Dick call any other Batgirl the best Batgirl? (including Helen)

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Not being in Barbara's overwhelming presence, would Dick call any other Batgirl the best Batgirl? (including Helen)
    No, Babs was his fav. Didn’t seem to even like other Batgirls. Which one could caulk up to being protective of Babs I guess. He liked Helena, but she never called herself Batgirl.

Dick doesn’t really have notable relationships with them except for times where he’s antagonist towards them. His history with their the other Batgirls unfortunately coincided with some truly awful writing, or just bad timing in Steph’s case. Not very in character for Dick, but that’s all there really is. Its just not something they have really ever explored.

Gotta remember much of Dicks relationship with Tim exists to legitimize Tim as Robin. That’s where it stems from. So Tim wasn’t rejected like Jason was. The Batgirls didn’t need his nod, so they just never built those relationships beyond Dick being the resident measuring stick.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No, Babs was his fav. Didn’t seem to even like other Batgirls. Which one could caulk up to being protective of Babs I guess. He liked Helena, but she never called herself Batgirl.

Dick doesn’t really have notable relationships with them except for times where he’s antagonist towards them. His history with their the other Batgirls unfortunately coincided with some truly awful writing, or just bad timing in Steph’s case. Not very in character for Dick, but that’s all there really is. Its just not something they have really ever explored.

Gotta remember much of Dicks relationship with Tim exists to legitimize Tim as Robin. That’s where it stems from. So Tim wasn’t rejected like Jason was. The Batgirls didn’t need his nod, so they just never built those relationships beyond Dick being the resident measuring stick.
    There was that time he and Cass helped solve the murder of Vesper Fairchild.

Dick and Jason's relationship or level of closeness really just depends on the writer and what story they're telling...although it's funny to think that at some point Babs might have been closer to Jason than Dick was.

I don't think it was just for legitimacy but also genuinely building up the Batfamily dynamic, which is something we don't see as much of anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was that time he and Cass helped solve the murder of Vesper Fairchild.

Dick and Jason's relationship or level of closeness really just depends on the writer and what story they're telling...although it's funny to think that at some point Babs might have been closer to Jason than Dick was.

I don't think it was just for legitimacy but also genuinely building up the Batfamily dynamic, which is something we don't see as much of anymore.
    Even because everything was messed up in the New 52.
    But BatDick (that's weird) had a good time with Cass and Steph, I remember when Gates of Gotham came out and Cass calls Dick Batman it was kind of like, "Yeah, if Cass said it, it's because it is."

And I'd really like to see that scene
    tumblr_7630407c5b56ecd23ed42f3c7a810f12_f3599662_2048.jpg

Are we now pretending Ric was a realistic disability?
    You definitely didnt think this one through (and im not gonna hold it against you because many people dont really know alot about this anyhow, not that im saying you dont, but you know) because what Dick went through during the Ric era is a real thing that happens to people and it can be VERY traumatic and debilitating. Its rare yes, but its a real disability that people have. The way it was presented in Ric era was actually did get the psychology affects of it right, but it failed to really present the physical problems that comes with brain damage. Its one of those things that falls under a grey area like Psychopathy were its considered a mental disability, but you wouldn't probably get support from the government.

Even because everything was messed up in the New 52.
    But BatDick (that's weird) had a good time with Cass and Steph, I remember when Gates of Gotham came out and Cass calls Dick Batman it was kind of like, "Yeah, if Cass said it, it's because it is."

And I'd really like to see that scene
    tumblr_7630407c5b56ecd23ed42f3c7a810f12_f3599662_2048.jpg
    BatDick was pretty adamantly against Steph becoming Batgirl, and prior to Gates Dick and Cass were literally fighting one another on multiple occasions. Them not getting along was a thing. Not sure why, and it was very out of character, but it was out there.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2022 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    You definitely didnt think this one through (and im not gonna hold it against you because many people dont really know alot about this anyhow, not that im saying you dont, but you know) because what Dick went through during the Ric era is a real thing that happens to people and it can be VERY traumatic and debilitating. Its rare yes, but its a real disability that people have. The way it was presented in Ric era was actually did get the psychology affects of it right, but it failed to really present the physical problems that comes with brain damage. Its one of those things that falls under a grey area like Psychopathy were its considered a mental disability, but you wouldn't probably get support from the government.
    A lot of people get brainwashed by magic crystals do they? Cause last time I checked I don’t believe that’s a recognized disability. What people wanted Ric to be, isn’t actually what Ric was. Trying to label Dick as having a disability is wildly disingenuous. That’s not what Ric was.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2022 at 06:15 PM.

A lot of people get brainwashed by magic crystals do they? Cause last time I checked I don’t believe that’s a recognized disability. What people wanted Ric to be, isn’t actually what Ric was. Trying to label Dick as having a disability is wildly disingenuous. That’s not what Ric was.
    You literally took only one aspect of the story and made my post about something it wasn't. Dick got hit in the head with a bullet and had a subsequent personality change from that fall out. That is what I was referring to, that is what started Ric Grayson. The villains tried to take advantage of his after Dick had already changed personalities. The crystal has nothing to do with what I had originally said.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeNightwingGreatAgain View Post
    You literally took only one aspect of the story and made my post about something it wasn't. Dick got hit in the head with a bullet and had a subsequent personality change from that fall out. That is what I was referring to, that is what started Ric Grayson. The villains tried to take advantage of his after Dick had already changed personalities. The crystal has nothing to do with what I had originally said.
    Except it did. Dick got hit in the head with a bullet, and while recovering had his personality and memories selectively changed by a magic crystal. That aspect of the story is what made Ric, Ric. Your referring to a story that wasn't actually the story.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2022 at 06:38 PM.

BatDick was pretty adamantly against Steph becoming Batgirl, and prior to Gates Dick and Cass were literally fighting one another on multiple occasions. Them not getting along was a thing. Not sure why, and it was very out of character, but it was out there.
    That Outsiders run is an anomaly.

Batman Family 7 of 8-13.jpg

Spectacular Member

it was a through line Dick was always jealous and mad when bruce adopted a new child even though dick might have saw cass as a sister. bruce spent like 2-3 years with cass and was like yes i want you, but it took him 14 years to adopt dick. dont forget when tim told dick about bruce wanting to adopt him he kick a fire hydrant.

That Outsiders run is an anomaly.
    I wish it was. But the Outsiders story was continuing from her Batgirl mini.

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    it was a through line Dick was always jealous and mad when bruce adopted a new child even though dick might have saw cass as a sister. bruce spent like 2-3 years with cass and was like yes i want you, but it took him 14 years to adopt dick. dont forget when tim told dick about bruce wanting to adopt him he kick a fire hydrant.
    They were going at it before he adopted her, i think they tried to used the adoption to backwards explain Dicks strange animosity. But initially i think it was because she couldn't be trusted after being brainwashed by Slade according to Dick. Which was nonsense given Dick's relationship with Slade's children. But they let the writer make it a thing, and then even continued it and like i said try to backwards explain it. Dude was preparing to become Batman, with Damian as his Robin, and they had him fighting with Batgirl over trying to recruit allies. Dick mad about having a network of allies. Utterly ridiculous.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-01-2022 at 09:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Thinking about it, this series crossovers is a bit weak. It's mostly appearances of the Batfam plus voiceless cameos of the Titans.

If Taylor really wants to emphazie Dick's important place in the DCU he should have him team-up with a wider range of heroes like say Question, Hawkwoman, or Bronze Tiger. Sure there was that crossover with Jon but honestly that was mostly cause Taylor is writing his series as well. Be cool if he had Dick team up with Kara or Con.

Plus maybe have the Titans gain individual focus. Wally is the only one who actually got any spotlight which included appearances from his wife and kids. Everyone else is a voiceless helper so it be nice if he actually has some strong interactions with his crew like with Donna and Cyborg.

Of course I don't expect Starfire to ever say anything for obvious reasons.