Page 212 of 434 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 6499

Spoilers don't ruin good stories imo,That is one thing I learned from getting spoilers for awhile now . If "suprise" is the big thing not the lead up ,big moment "surprise", aftermath general the story is weak. If learning the catch of the story can ruin most of time it is not a good story. If is the story is time travel story where the hero dies knowing that ruin the movie it is a good movie,but if i say is time travel story where the hero dies knowing that doesn't ruin movie the story has interesting elements beyond surprise the heroes dies in the end. How things are executed matters a lot

I prefer to go in with nothing of course but think about it. When a story is really good what do you ? Read or watch it immediately again is the quality lessen by knowing? Not really an awesome monument is an awesome moment.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-06-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Guys, I read House of X 1 and Power of X 1 and can't decide if I can skip POX, because I really didn't like it.

What do you think? Is it important to read POX to understand HOX in the end?

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Spoilers don't ruin good stories imo,That is one thing I learned from getting spoilers for awhile now . If "suprise" is the big thing not the lead up ,big moment "surprise", aftermath general the story is weak. If learning the catch of the story can ruin most of time it is not a good story. If is the story is time travel story where the hero dies knowing that ruin the movie it is a good movie,but if i say is time travel story where the hero dies knowing that doesn't ruin movie the story has interesting elements beyond surprise the heroes dies in the end. How things are executed matters a lot

I prefer to go in with nothing of course but think about it. When a story is really good what do you ? Read or watch it immediately again is the quality lessen by knowing? Not really an awesome monument is an awesome moment.
    I agree whole heartedly. Things I love I will rewatch or read and find new details I never knew where there.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Guys, I read House of X 1 and Power of X 1 and can't decide if I can skip POX, because I really didn't like it.

Yeah Hickman has basically said you'll need to read both.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oooh I just read the spoilers. My mind is blown.
    Same here! This is a huge game-changer for the X-Men and the entire history. It's novel, creative, and has amazing implications. I can't wait to read the issue for myself.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Absolutely, it's all one big story. Instead of thinking of them as two 6 issue miniseries think of them as one 12 issue event.

Astonishing Member

tenebrae and like: Thanks for clearing that up...so I have to go through something I don't like....damn...

Astonishing Member

tenebrae and like: Thanks for clearing that up...so I have to go through something I don't like....damn...
    I mean it's only the first issue but what didn't you like about it compared to House of X?

Mighty Member

I've only seen spoiler threads after issues come out, are they not allowed before?

People who like spoilers (I do) could be talking about this in a spoiler thread.

Astonishing Member

I don't like alternative universes, future timelines and amalgated (or what the word for it is) characters. Stuff like Age of Apocalypse is not my cup.

I don't like alternative universes, future timelines and amalgated (or what the word for it is) characters. Stuff like Age of Apocalypse is not my cup.
    Oooh you been digging in the wrong pantry then son

Spectacular Member

You need it for HoX#2.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I didn't like it either btw. It was a lot of exposition too. And its the same tired dystopia (I'm sure he'll subvert it but PoX1 was predictable)

Sadly, I don’t think we will get X-men back to a team of underdog international explorers on the run discovering crazy things about the world, developing team and personal relationships, and coping with bigotry as they go; like during Claremont and Byrne’s run. Although the more intimate scale seems a good formula for MCU, this run seems poised to favor world building and epic plots over nuanced character development.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Sadly, I don’t think we will get X-men back to a team of underdog international explorers on the run discovering crazy things about the world, developing team and personal relationships, and coping with bigotry as they go; like during Claremont and Byrne’s run. Although the more intimate scale seems a good formula for MCU, this run seems poised to favor world building and epic plots over nuanced character development.
    Its still early.
    Issue TWO is tomorrow.
    And this a 6 (or 12 depending on how you view it) issue run to establish the new status quo.
    And it does seem there really is no going back to Claremont's era because that era is over. We've piles and piles of stories we can revisit for that, but that era IS done (whether we like or not, whether we miss it or not) just like.... when people say things like "I wish season 5 was more like 1 and 2" of a tv series. Too much as happened and too much has changed and ...."just too much" to be what it was. Miss our youth doesn't mean we can just BE young again. Longing for the days when it was just a school or under-the-radar-refugees or California dreamers isn't progression. And it seems Hickman and Co are very much interested in progression and ascension. HoX and PoX ARE world building and epic plots, yes but we've all those satellite titles launching afterward that will likely be brimming with rich character work.