Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default All-New Mimic Appreciation NOW!

These boards getting rebooted without any warning was a bit of a surprise. And then seeing the flood of all these appreciation threads for every single x-character instead of threads about the actual comics themselves felt weird at first. But then I thought that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! So I decided to make my own appreciation thread for one of my favorites: Mimic, one of the most underutilized x-characters of them all.

Mimic made his first appearance in X-Men #19 and was Xavier's first new recruit to the X-Men since O5 in X-Men #27. After that he has been mostly forgotten about by most writers but has appeared every now and then either as an antagonist and a member of Brotherhood of Mutants and Dark X-Men or as an ally to X-Men, even rejoining the team before leaving once again.

An alternate reality version of the character was a leader of the X-Men who was recruited to the reality hopping Exiles where he had a relationship with Blink from Age of Apocalypse and even acted as the leader of Exiles in her absence.

So if you're a fan of either of these two or a fan of some other version, then this is the thread for you!

I'm a big fan of Mimic from Exiles.

And this will always be one of my favourite moments featuring him.

former o6 or o7

Fan of the original Mimic 616!

First Super-Human/Villain to join the X-Men.

Former O6.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Mimic from Exiles.

I can not tell you how much I miss this Mimic! Damn that book started off so great!

Check out the old forum for the next two before it's gone.

http://oldforums.comicbookresources....c-Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    I can not tell you how much I miss this Mimic! Damn that book started off so great!
    They should bring him back as a solo book. Involving his Origin to Before Exiles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    They should bring him back as a solo book. Involving his Origin to Before Exiles.
    That would be awesome! Out of all the Exiles his earth seemed the most interesting to me. I literally loved just about everything about. It's not fair that he only had a sort run in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    That would be awesome! Out of all the Exiles his earth seemed the most interesting to me. I literally loved just about everything about. It's not fair that he only had a sort run in comics.
    I always wanted to know, what his time on the Defenders was like with Iceman and Doc Strange.

BANNED

I always wanted to know, what his time on the Defenders was like with Iceman and Doc Strange.
    That would be cool! I would really enjoy seeing him lead his version of the X-Men. The whole backstory of how he joined the team and actually took Scotts spot for leader all the way up. I really loved the idea that just by moving one key figure for another the whole world changed for the better. Earth-12 sounded like a cool place!

i love that x-23 is the new O6 but i did grow up with mimic as the 6th original x-men and i love what gage did with him

I'd also love to read a series that focused on Exiles Mimic with his world's X-Men, it would really be cool to see how different all major stories would be with him there and Earth-12 sounded like a really cool place if X-Men and mutants in general were more accepted than in 616

The fact is that there were ways to bring him back. With the über healing factor he had, Proteus draining needen't be fatal to him, till the Exiles stuck him into the crystal, effectively freezing him and repressing the action of his healing factor. After Cal was returned to his Earth for buriel, the healing could have kicked in, maybe going as far as burning all his copied powers before heaing him. It may have taken quite a while, but the way I see it, Mimic of the Exiles may still be around if they ever decide to bring that team back.

I do love the 616 Mimic too, though.

Peace

I also thought that there was always the possibility of bringing him back easily since he did have healing factors from two superhumans and with Exiles there always existed the possibility of nearly identical alternate versions too.

I would love to see Exiles Mimic return with a new Exiles team in a relaunched title but since that's unlikely given how badly alternate universe books do these days having 616 version try to become a better person and hero would be interesting and maybe have even more potential than Exiles Mimic. Too bad Gage's run on Legacy was so short, since he seemed to have interest in developing Mimic.

All-New Member

Hi! It Jamie196.
    I was really confused because I didn't know what happened to the original site and was worried that they didn't reset it. But than I found this site. Heart Attack avoided. anyway, but I had to restart a new profile because mine got deleted or something and I couldn't log in. So I had another heart attack but decided to just make a new profile. So, no worries! My name is almost the same anyway!

I'm so excited about this new Mimic Appreciation! Now all we have to do is wait for him to appear again!
    Big fan of Exiles Mimic and Mimic616!!