Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Surge Appreciation

One of my favorite characters, my favorite from the cast of New X-Men (Academy).

Where is the baseball scene from? It's my first time to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    One of my favorite characters, my favorite from the cast of New X-Men (Academy).

Where is the baseball scene from? It's my first time to see it.
    X-Men #13 tenchar

BANNED

I miss Rebel Surge. You know the one I'm talking about the X-men in training that took no gruff from none of the Adult members of the team, even the supervisors. I wish she was back and took some of the students on an adventure away from the Adults acting like fools.

Where is Ms. Surge? She was one of my favorite characters in Academy X. I love what an HBIC she is.

Surge is one of the better characters that came from a very good New X Men comic it's a shame they pretty much dropped her completely because i think she has a lot more to give as a character. Her as the team leader was one of my favorite parts she really fit the role of a struggling leader who wants to do right by everyone but is finding it hard to control such a huge set of personalities around her and get people on the same page. Enjoyed her and Julian him of course the one who turned her away from the school when she needed help most she doesn't really forgive him for that but she appreciates how strong he is and what he can contribute. Kinda wanted them to hook up though Hellion had his thing with X-23 instead i thought him and Surge could be kinda one of those couples that starts from hate then all that energy and passion becomes love instead of hate. Didn't think Surge and Prodigy fit together that well it just seemed like they did that for the stereotype of the black guy liking the Asian chick XD

was re reading New x-men volume 2 and in the panel where surge is putting a poster up she has a belly piercing and A heart shape tattoo right below her belly button i am surprised i never noticed it until now

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Super under appreciated character. But alas, shes part of the New X-Men. She was doomed to be background art and relegated to cannon fodder. I think the New X-Men should have had a larger role in AvX, especially during the Avenger's visit there. I think them leading the charge instead of Matchstick and Glob would have had more of an emotional reaction than what we got in the end. Could have stretch that little tie-in for one more book too.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Surge is one of the better characters that came from a very good New X Men comic it's a shame they pretty much dropped her completely because i think she has a lot more to give as a character. Her as the team leader was one of my favorite parts she really fit the role of a struggling leader who wants to do right by everyone but is finding it hard to control such a huge set of personalities around her and get people on the same page. Enjoyed her and Julian him of course the one who turned her away from the school when she needed help most she doesn't really forgive him for that but she appreciates how strong he is and what he can contribute. Kinda wanted them to hook up though Hellion had his thing with X-23 instead i thought him and Surge could be kinda one of those couples that starts from hate then all that energy and passion becomes love instead of hate. Didn't think Surge and Prodigy fit together that well it just seemed like they did that for the stereotype of the black guy liking the Asian chick XD
    That whole damn team was great. You had a perfect balance of varying personalities, powers, and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    was re reading New x-men volume 2 and in the panel where surge is putting a poster up she has a belly piercing and A heart shape tattoo right below her belly button i am surprised i never noticed it until now
    Probably something most other writers and artists ignore or forget about...when they even remember she exists at all.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Super under appreciated character. But alas, shes part of the New X-Men. She was doomed to be background art and relegated to cannon fodder. I think the New X-Men should have had a larger role in AvX, especially during the Avenger's visit there. I think them leading the charge instead of Matchstick and Glob would have had more of an emotional reaction than what we got in the end. Could have stretch that little tie-in for one more book too.
    At least with David he was on the YA team and it was actually a great Run. If we want to see the new X-men kids again... They Most likely have to be on the teenage team books

Surge was also in x-men prime playing basketball so they know she exists

Incredible Member

I'll always remember Academy X fondly because of characters like Surge.

Thank the OAA Academy X is getting reprinted with Surge's first appearance. One of my fav Academy kids.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Why have I not seen this thread sooner?

This maybe an unpopular opinion but I remember the argument she had with Dust over her burqa/niqaab back when they were roommates. It was a bold choice on the writers to have that happen and it shows the x-men are better when it can touch upon real world diversity rather than just through a metaphor.

I enjoyed her arc where she went to from outcast to team leader to leader of the next generation.