Page 646 of 661 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 9901

Default Last Post Curse claimed the first part of this...part 3

A day later...

A long trek around the ash later and the castle was finally well within sight. Kelpie and Seal were velebrating, while Sasheem contemplated on how they were altogether completely useless seeing as the enemy was ultimately the one that helped them.

"Alright...I got you here...now if you'll excuse me, I want to make my escape so my brother won't filet me alive..." Cephalo stated with exasperation.

"...No. Die," Sasheem decided, raising a hand to blast Cephalo to smithereens with a smile.

"Wait, Sasheem!" Kelpie held his arm down. "We promised we'd let him go of he helped us!"

"No care!!!" Sasheem argued, trying to wrench himself away from the mermaid. "He die! He die!"

"Let him live!"

"He die!"

"Let him live!"

"He die!"

"Um...I-," Cephalo began before a baby whale swam up, scoped the octopus in his mouth and ate him, swimming off happily on it's way.

"H-he..." Kelpie stated, her mouth agape in shock.

"Well, at least he did one good deed before he died...sort of," Seal commented.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Sasheem laughed obnoxiously loudly. "HAHAHAHAHAHA! OHOHOHO! HAHA!" It was the funniest thing he'd seen all week.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 05-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke rolled his neck around his shoulders. Muttering something to himself, he raised his hands before him in the Crane's guard. Set fixed in the way ingrained to him, he turned from the waist and shift in the motions of a round block with his right hand. Taking a step forward, he fell into the Dragon's posture, winding a long path from the shoulder, hand poised to coil around, deflect an incoming strike, and weave past the defense. Yielding yet unyielding, soft in its firmament, not a clashing power, but a surge, like the fire within.

"It is a slow path, moving towards mastery. I suppose it would be the best for us all."

He wound down a step, breathing tersely as he mixed the fluidity of the Dragon's foundation into the firmament of his Sanchin stance, but mixed so unfamiliarly he'd found it difficult to breathe. Rising out of the sunken stance, he inhaled slowly and absently he'd adopted a high guard with elbows square.

It was not something he'd learned here today. He felt a coldness spread through his body on the sweat called from the fire.

"It would not do to lose the art so soon before it can be reborn."
    Samson nods.

“Wise words.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You really are a miracle worker. Now all I need is flying lessons." Meagan nearly laughed at that, "That's something I haven't asked for in a long time. Eva usually has me constantly working or training, but I'm free now if you want to show me how it works?"

“Glad too.”

Jinzi smiles and for the next few hours shows her to to pilot it. The navigation system will handle most, but landings and take offs are all on her.

He shows her the shields, the weapons, the small gravity machine onboard to help her train, the muffin button, etc...., and the whole time he is in close proximity to her. With charming smiles and jokes, he makes learning about the craft easy and fun.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Glad too.”

Jinzi smiles and for the next few hours shows her to to pilot it. The navigation system will handle most, but landings and take offs are all on her.

He shows her the shields, the weapons, the small gravity machine onboard to help her train, the muffin button, etc...., and the whole time he is in close proximity to her. With charming smiles and jokes, he makes learning about the craft easy and fun.
    And makes it hard at times for Meagan to not get distracted, every time he came in close to show her how to work something, her hearts skipped a few beats. He didn't even notice that she changed her hair style, which made her frown slightly when she thought of it.

With effort she smiled again and tried to stay focused. She kept telling herself that there are priorities, and making sure she can get home when she needs to is a top priority right now. Handsome, intelligent, sexy men are not a priority.

Still, once they were done, she took a chance and suggested, "Would you like to go out with me and get something to eat?"
    Last edited by Tami; 05-02-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

And makes it hard at times for Meagan to not get distracted, every time he came in close to show her how to work something, her hearts skipped a few beats. He didn't even notice that she changed her hair style, which made her frown slightly when she thought of it.

With effort she smiled again and tried to stay focused. She kept telling herself that there are priorities, and making sure she can get home when she needs to is a top priority right now. Handsome, intelligent, sexy men are not a priority.

Still, once they were done, she took a chance and suggested, "Would you like to go out with me and get something to eat?"
    His eyes lite up and he grins.

“Kami, yes. I....to be honest, I was going to ask you but...I don’t do so well asking women on dates. I get kind of nervous.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Kami, yes. I....to be honest, I was going to ask you but...I don’t do so well asking women on dates. I get kind of nervous.”
    OOC: Before I respond, are you sure about what you wrote?

OOC: Before I respond, are you sure about what you wrote?
    Yes. He was going to ask her out, but Jinzi is actually terribly shy when it comes to actually asking women out.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Taking a step back, and looking at him both confused and on the verge of something worse, Meagan couldn't believe he used Eva's name and not hers, "Jinzi, do you, are you and Eva in a relationship? Did you just mistake me for her? I mean, if so I don't want to get in the way."

Taking a step back, and looking at him both confused and on the verge of something worse, Meagan couldn't believe he used Eva's name and not hers, "Jinzi, do you, are you and Eva in a relationship? Did you just mistake me for her? I mean, if so I don't want to get in the way."

“What?! Oh, no no no! I meant Kami as in thanks! No..., no, sorry, it’s an Earth phrase. We say “Kami thanks” or “Kami yes” when we are relieved or thankful. I swear, no, Eva’s like a sister to me!”

He looks vaugly horrified at the idea of dating Eva.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“What?! Oh, no no no! I meant Kami as in thanks! No..., no, sorry, it’s an Earth phrase. We say “Kami thanks” or “Kami yes” when we are relieved or thankful. I swear, no, Eva’s like a sister to me!”

He looks vaugly horrified at the idea of dating Eva.
    Taking a sigh of relief, Meagan relaxed and smiled, "Never heard anyone else use that as an exclamation. When someone says Kami, I automatically think of Lady Eva." She then places a hand on his arm, "You know the city better than I do, you pick the place. Maybe afterwards you can show me some of the sights."

Taking a sigh of relief, Meagan relaxed and smiled, "Never heard anyone else use that as an exclamation. When someone says Kami, I automatically think of Lady Eva." She then places a hand on his arm, "You know the city better than I do, you pick the place. Maybe afterwards you can show me some of the sights."
    He grins and nods, taking her arm and leading her out. He comms to Adam and tells the andorid he is in charge until he gets back, and to makes sure Held doesn’t get into any trouble.

He takes her to a private restaurant he’s part owner of and they have a wonderful three course meal, topped with a blueberry pastry for dessert. Afterwards, with easy banter and conversation, he starts showing her the sights around Capital City.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He grins and nods, taking her arm and leading her out. He comms to Adam and tells the andorid he is in charge until he gets back, and to makes sure Held doesn’t get into any trouble.

He takes her to a private restaurant he’s part owner of and they have a wonderful three course meal, topped with a blueberry pastry for dessert. Afterwards, with easy banter and conversation, he starts showing her the sights around Capital City.
    Everything was so wonderful, and she felt she could talk to him about anything. When they came upon street dancers in the park, she turns to Jinzi, "Last time I've even had anywhere close to this much fun was on Cetius III. His name was Darvan, a grandson of an old friend of my Mentor and an amazing dancer. I spent many hours with him, learning to dance. Almost had a crush on him, but I was seventeen and he was twenty-six and already engaged." She shrugged, then smiled at Jinzi, "It wouldn't have worked out anyway, I'm glad it didn't. I enjoy being with you much more."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ishtar had not been expecting an offer of company, apparently. Her head jerked to face Asha'rah, her amber eyes widening in realization. The depths of those eyes opened in the morning light, as if the light of creation itself could be found within those orbs. The years must have been wearing for an immortal like the oni, travelling from one mayflay to the next, with naught but the emptiness for company in between.

As a god, Asha'rah was comfortable enough in her own company. It was a necessary part of the essence of godhood in most cases. But that did not mean Asha'rah did not enjoy interaction. Erosa, Etrina, Midori, Karine, Ochazuke, Evangeline, Meagan...they had all brought joy to Asha'rah's existence in their own ways. But how she felt about the oni was subtly different. Like Ishtar was...a peer? Yes. She had the feeling of someone who would enrich Asha'rah endlessly by her very presence if they so chose.

In any case, she was happy to bring the prospect of joy to Ishtar's bleak travel plans. It would hardly be a detour. Asha'rah had much to see among the stars herself, but in no particular order.

Ishtar was gladdened for Asha'rah's offer, which gladdened the former god in turn. But she was hesitant, of the effort and time involved in the journey. Asha'rah placed a reassuring hand on Ishtar's shoulder, careful not to let the metal rest too heavy upon tender new flesh.

"We both seek something of our pasts among the stars, Ishtar. It is no sacrifice on my part to live through this with you. Take all the time you need."
    As if to affirm that what Ishtar had heard moments before had not been a hallucination borne by a roiling emotional state not experienced in aeons, Asha'rah- along with her agreeing to allow the Oni time- stated that it would be no sacrifice to travel with her.

In fact, if the golden-eyed Oni did not know better ... the former Goddess of Creation was seemingly eager.

"I ... thank you." Ishtar offered, then, falling silent to think.

A day at least, to spend with Sarada ... perhaps longer, if the girl truly wished to train her. Along with the offer of training from Tasure ... perhaps in the end she might stay longer. Allowing Asha'rah time necessary to train, and explore a world she had formed so long ago ... Yet in the end there was no telling how long the Oni could resist the call to return to the birthplace of who she knew she must become.

A day at least ...

That much at least, could be done.

Offering Asha'rah smile then- a weak, and feeble thing that only tugged at the corners of her mouth- the Oni repeated the words offered a moment before; as if hoping that the Goddess might understand just how much such kindness meant.

"Thank you ... Asha'rah. I will have an answer, soon enough ..."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 05-02-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Everything was so wonderful, and she felt she could talk to him about anything. When they came upon street dancers in the park, she turns to Jinzi, "Last time I've even had anywhere close to this much fun was on Cetius III. His name was Darvan, a grandson of an old friend of my Mentor and an amazing dancer. I spent many hours with him, learning to dance. Almost had a crush on him, but I was seventeen and he was twenty-six and already engaged." She shrugged, then smiled at Jinzi, "It wouldn't have worked out anyway, I'm glad it didn't. I enjoy being with you much more."
    He grins warmly.

“Well, sounds like you had a better go of it than I did. My first serious....anything stabbed me.”

He motions and lifts up his shirt a bit, showing a four inch scar on his side.

“I was young and thought we were in love. She just wanted my money. When I broke it off she...did not take it well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He grins warmly.

“Well, sounds like you had a better go of it than I did. My first serious....anything stabbed me.”

He motions and lifts up his shirt a bit, showing a four inch scar on his side.

“I was young and thought we were in love. She just wanted my money. When I broke it off she...did not take it well.”
    Meagan looked at the scar, then up to Jinzi, "Well, you survived your first combat. In my book that makes you a true warrior. Even if the one who attacked you was deceitful and dishonorable."