View Poll Results: What should WB do about Ezra Miller?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reboot the universe and junk the DCEU

29 31.87%
  • Quietly recast

41 45.05%
  • Replace Barry with Wally/someone else

29 31.87%
  • Other

6 6.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I’m assuming the probably losses the Flash will take at box office are at least partially a motivator for Discovery to seek the tax breaks

Extraordinary Member

That may be why they axe Flash, because it establishes a direction the new guy doesn't want to go. Sounds like he has some definite vision for the DCEU, and Flash is a tentpole movie. Perhaps it's the wrong tent for the new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That may be why they axe Flash, because it establishes a direction the new guy doesn't want to go. Sounds like he has some definite vision for the DCEU, and Flash is a tentpole movie. Perhaps it's the wrong tent for the new guy.
    They aren’t just going to cancel a $200 million movie, but they may have to sink another $10-20 million on this thing to fix the ending as I don’t think Zaslav wants to go forward with Hamada’s mixed up timeline plan. Instead of having Keaton’s Batman at the end, they can CGI in Batfleck. Or maybe just throw something together with Batfleck saying, “Barry is still lost somewhere out there. We’ll keep searching for him, but in the meantime there’s still work to do.” Then show him with the established Justice League. Barry returns down the line played by another actor or they bring in Wally West.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-04-2022 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’m assuming the probably losses the Flash will take at box office are at least partially a motivator for Discovery to seek the tax breaks
    No, what makes you think there will be a loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They aren’t just going to cancel a $200 million movie, but they may have to sink another $10-20 million on this thing to fix the ending as I don’t think Zaslav wants to go forward with Hamada’s mixed up timeline plan. Instead of having Keaton’s Batman at the end, they can CGI in Batfleck. Or maybe just throw something together with Batfleck saying, “Barry is still lost somewhere out there. We’ll keep searching for him, but in the meantime there’s still work to do.” Then show him with the established Justice League. Barry returns down the line played by another actor or they bring in Wally West.
    Most likely they kill off Barry in CGI a la Crisis 1. Turn him into a hero with the last scene of the guy who is Wally staring up at a Statue of Barry...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Most likely they kill off Barry in CGI a la Crisis 1. Turn him into a hero with the last scene of the guy who is Wally staring up at a Statue of Barry...
    That works if Barry has been the Flash for years and has a long-established track record as a veteran hero, but it's way less effective if Barry is a relative nooB whose career has barely started. It would be like killing off Barry and having Wally replace him in 1962.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    That works if Barry has been the Flash for years and has a long-established track record as a veteran hero, but it's way less effective if Barry is a relative nooB whose career has barely started. It would be like killing off Barry and having Wally replace him in 1962.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well, the movies sounds like it does jump around a bit in time and universes, so it may very well end up in the future where everyone knows who the Flash was and how he saved them all.

Ezra Miller's unraveling: Friends concerned as the 'Flash' actor travels the US in body armor and faces claims of running a cult in Iceland
    Over the past six months, the actor has been driving around the US carrying at least one gun and wearing a bulletproof vest, paranoid about being followed by the FBI and the Ku Klux Klan, people told Insider. (Tokata said the vest was "a fashionable safety measure in response to actual attacks and received death threats.") In January, Miller posted a video threatening to kill Ku Klux Klan members.

Several people close to Miller say they're worried about the actor's mental state and are concerned Miller has lost touch with reality, whether because the pressures of fame have broken them or because no one is willing to check their behavior. Many of the people who spoke with Insider asked to remain anonymous, fearing retaliation from the star.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Seems like de realization.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I swear to God someone at DC wished on a monkeys paw at some point in the last 25 years.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Who would've thought they could find a worse miscasting than Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Who would've thought they could find a worse miscasting than Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern?
    Me. I would have thought. And everyone else who realizes that when hearing that, WB just said "Hold my beer" like they normally do when challenged to be even worse than normal.

The casting wasn't the problem with that film, it's just boring. I nodded off while trying to watch the damn thing on TV!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The casting wasn't the problem with that film, it's just boring. I nodded off while trying to watch the damn thing on TV!
    So,which was the bigger mistake by DC/WB: the Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern movie or the Jonah Hex movie with Josh Brolin?