Page 209 of 216 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3234
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If you're inclined to buy into the reductive thinking that Aaron's run has been about "Jobber Thor," sure.
    I'm not a fan of the 'Jobber Thor' complaints, but that doesn't mean I don't have many an issue with the run besides that.

I mean hell, turning Thor into a strawman for atheists? That alone is reason enough for me to dislike it.

But Aaron went the extra mile, and made Thor's mythos a strawman for Men's Right's idiots as well.

And if one wants to ignore the real world subtext of his run, there's still much to dislike.

His villains make Captain Planet characters seem subtle.

His build up to War of the Realms was amazing in how long it took to do nothing at all.

As a rehash of Greg Pak's excellent Incredible Hercules, it was passable.

But as a Thor's series, Aaron's run was utterly lacking.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm not a fan of the 'Jobber Thor' complaints, but that doesn't mean I don't have many an issue with the run besides that.

I mean hell, turning Thor into a strawman for atheists? That alone is reason enough for me to dislike it.

But Aaron went the extra mile, and made Thor's mythos a strawman for Men's Right's idiots as well.

And if one wants to ignore the real world subtext of his run, there's still much to dislike.

His build up to War of the Realms was amazing in how long it took to do nothing at all.

I'm agnostic and i still had some issues with Aaron's view on gods.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    I'm agnostic and i still had some issues with Aaron's view on gods.
    Yeah, same. I found it especially bad, as Thor doesn't really relate to modern religion/worship in any meaningful manner.

And I'll probably say this a few times discussing Aaron's Thor, but Pak's Herc did it better

And I'll probably say this a few times discussing Aaron's Thor, but Pak's Herc did it better
    I'll say it too...Hercules wore the beard better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll say it too...Hercules wore the beard better.
    Making Herc beardless in the nineties was a mistake
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Question: In the recent Avengers run Thor has been turned into a Brood. Is Thor supposed to be immune to diseases?

All things were sacrificed for the greater good of Jane Thor. It was pathetic.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Question: In the recent Avengers run Thor has been turned into a Brood. Is Thor supposed to be immune to diseases?
    Most of Earth diseases at least. And he used to be the last one standing when the Avengers are against a powerful villain and not the first one to be one-shotted by the monster of the week to show how dangerous the monster of the week is, like he's Worf from Star Trek.

Most of Earth diseases at least. And he used to be the last one standing when the Avengers are against a powerful villain and not the first one to be one-shotted by the monster of the week to show how dangerous the monster of the week is, like he's Worf from Star Trek.
    I think this basically sums up my main issue with Thor in the Avengers book right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    he has never really got sick to my recollection unless he was weak for some reason
    poisons and potions do have some effect, but he can usually recover

i don't know how well he'd do against a brood. Wolverine was capable of rejecting the brood embryo, but wolverine has insane recuperative powers to the point of being able to regrow parts.

I remember he got taken over by a symbiote in a old what if, but i don't know if that counts.

Extraordinary Member

Yep, I'm sticking to the classics.

Extraordinary Member

Thor had a broken body due to Hela's curse, yet still caught Hermes during the Assault on Olympus Arc.

Thor knew he was in a world of hurt assisting the Avengers against Herc's family. Thor know Zues was gonna bring extra pain upon him, in particular.

I miss Thor being the big brother of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Thor had a broken body due to Hela's curse, yet still caught Hermes during the Assault on Olympus Arc.

Thor knew he was in a world of hurt assisting the Avengers against Herc's family. Thor know Zues was gonna bring extra pain upon him, in particular.

I miss Thor being the big brother of the team.
    I miss Simonson's Battle Armor. That was a nice power boosting item.

Ultimate Member

I miss Simonson's Battle Armor. That was a nice power boosting item.
    Did it ever really boost him? I thought it just kept him moving.

Bendis must be stopped no matter the cost (cue You got the Touch in the background).
    Awesome! One of my all-time favorites:

Making Herc beardless in the nineties was a mistake
    Agreed. But still, Epting's artwork certainly made it bearable.