Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I didn't necessarily have a problem with the sterilization, but I thought the line "who's the monster" was ridiculously over the top and made very little sense.
    AoU doesn't exist for me.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Have you heard the news? Scarlett Johansson has been nominated for two Oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Have you heard the news? Scarlett Johansson has been nominated for two Oscars.
    Yeah.

It's great!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Tonight tune in to the CFBPlayoff NationalChampionship at 5PM PT/8PM ET on ESPN for a special look at BlackWidow.

Florence Pugh (Yelena) is also nominated for an Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Florence Pugh (Yelena) is also nominated for an Oscar.

Great news 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I hate everything Whedon did to Black Widow (Natasha and Banner together was an atrocity) but female sterilization was very common in Cold War.
    KGB’s “sex spies” were supposed to be able to execute any mission and pregnancy was not an option.

Attachment 91591
    As others said, it's not the sterilization that bothers me but how it was handled. Making it like this 'graduation ceremony', and framing it as the worst thing the Red Room did, and that being sterile somehow made it easier to be a killer, that she was a monster not because she killed people, but because of this. Everything about that was written so poorly, but then so was the entire movie, honestly. I prefer to pretend it doesn't exist considering what was done to Natasha, and how it completely ruined Clint, my two favourite characters. It also made me dislike Bruce and Tony for a while lol.

I was really hoping we would never have to hear about it again, but apparently it's common knowledge if other people are discussing it about Natasha as well? Bleh.

The Oscar nominations are good though!

Waiting....

EONqF5CVUAEGusf.jpg

I really want to see Warren Ellis writing a Black Widow series someday.

warren ellis.jpg

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really want to see Warren Ellis writing a Black Widow series someday.

warren ellis.jpg
    I'm torn. His Secret Avengers writing for Nat was amazing, but I really didn't like Avengers: Endless War, and Widow in that was pretty flat and often annoying (as was everyone else in the book). I'd rather get Marjorie Liu back.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm torn. His Secret Avengers writing for Nat was amazing, but I really didn't like Avengers: Endless War, and Widow in that was pretty flat and often annoying (as was everyone else in the book). I'd rather get Marjorie Liu back.
    Ellis and Lark/Guice for me.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Ellis and Lark/Guice for me.
    With you on the art team (though, of course, Maleev, Acuna, Pete Woods, Mark Bagley, and Frank Cho have also done amazing Nat stuff).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Is TASKMASTER the Key to Keeping BLACK WIDOW in the MCU?

https://www.newsarama.com/48248-blac...er-theory.html