Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

this is reminding me why I hate telepaths. Basically everyone is lying and mind controlling people and its gross. When you have so many illusions and outright mind control its hard to care about any kind of mystery. Why is Magneto acting like this? Obviously its because of mind control. But I don't think that was Hope, or at least not a Hope that's in control of herself. I think it was Krakoa itself trying to keep them away from Wanda until its done absorbing her or whatever its doing.

The Avengers are usually written wildly out of character in X books, but they came across as pretty reasonable for once. Its just that the mutants are messing with them, lying to them and messing with their heads. Why take them by the Hatchery in the first place? They came to collect Wanda's body, and instead they get threatened and assaulted many times in the like hour they're there. And its just so unnecessary.

You know what? I actually liked Jean’s uniform in here. It’s either the artist or the missing face mask that made her look very good. She looked much more mature.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    this is reminding me why I hate telepaths. Basically everyone is lying and mind controlling people and its gross. When you have so many illusions and outright mind control its hard to care about any kind of mystery. Why is Magneto acting like this? Obviously its because of mind control. But I don't think that was Hope, or at least not a Hope that's in control of herself. I think it was Krakoa itself trying to keep them away from Wanda until its done absorbing her or whatever its doing.

The Avengers are usually written wildly out of character in X books, but they came across as pretty reasonable for once. Its just that the mutants are messing with them, lying to them and messing with their heads. Why take them by the Hatchery in the first place? They came to collect Wanda's body, and instead they get threatened and assaulted many times in the like hour they're there. And its just so unnecessary.
    What is worse or would be worse is if they reveal that Onslaught is behind it all through whatever proxy mutant.Where is anybody's agency or individuality ,if Onslaught is the puppet master? Let me hope they don't go down that route(but I ain't optimistic)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    You know what? I actually liked Jean’s uniform in here. It’s either the artist or the missing face mask that made her look very good. She looked much more mature.
    The artist is good ,but inconsistent imo like Lorna, Jean, Hope, Racheal and Emma were drawn great,but Magneto especially during the fight was drawn like some sneering caveman. I feel like the art on the relaxed expressions is better than on the 'accentuated' or exagerated expressions if you will.On some panels it was hard to believe it's one continuous artist at least for me.Though maybe in due time with more issues this may even out (the artist on the whole is good)
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-15-2021 at 02:56 PM.

I still don't see an in story reason for the Xmen to give the Avengers a tour of the island. They were there to pick up a body! Is it really the time for sightseeing!? And their fear of revealing Arbor Magna to them was equally dumb. How about just not take them through it? So silly. What was the point of that in the narrative? The crying over telepathic "interrogation" was also stupid. They do that **** all the time. Why are they pressed about it now all of a sudden? Normally I can ignore story contrivance cause it comes with the comic territory, but I just couldn't do it with this issue. Awful.
    Last edited by Saturius; 09-15-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I still don't see an in story reason for the Xmen to give the Avengers a tour of the island. They were there to pick up a body! Is it really the time for sightseeing!? And their fear of revealing Arbor Magna to them was equally dumb. How about just not take them through it? So silly. What was the point of that in the narrative?
    You do raise a point cause the body was indeed in X-Factor headquarters last we checked....

You know what I did realize it seems like the Avengers didn't give a single f*ck on who actually killed Wanda. Like did they even ask who the suspects were?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You know what I did realize it seems like the Avengers didn't give a single f*ck on who actually killed Wanda. Like did they even ask who the suspects were?
    I don't think they got the chance before Magneto came into the picture with his Hope influenced confession to keep them off the trail.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I still don't see an in story reason for the Xmen to give the Avengers a tour of the island. They were there to pick up a body! Is it really the time for sightseeing!? And their fear of revealing Arbor Magna to them was equally dumb. How about just not take them through it? So silly. What was the point of that in the narrative? The crying over telepathic "interrogation" was also stupid. They do that **** all the time. Why are they pressed about it now all of a sudden? Normally I can ignore story contrivance cause it comes with the comic territory, but I just couldn't do it with this issue. Awful.
    Absolutely this, this may be one of the most contrived issues of the era. I still don't understand how one goes from picking up the body and being offered condolences by Jean, to Emma's 'tangible assets' being an issue. That is just crass for me in light of the mood of the issue. Even if the writers are adamant it's in-character for one character there, it just doesn't comport with the mood of the issue.

Amazing Member

After 60 pages of story, everything feels all over the place and there's nothing to grab onto besides "ok, what's really going on". Heavily disappointed, thought Williams was better than whatever the **** she's trying to do here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If they got the body, with their own tech and allies they could conceivably come up with the culprit, mutants are not the only resourceful people.Plus it wouldn't reflect well on them buying whatever tale the X-Men sell them, in light of how duplicity seems to be currency on Krakoa nowadays.
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-15-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Jean behaved well, and her reception of the Avengers was exquisite perfection. The fact that she was unwilling to mindwipe them, just like she was unwilling to stand by during X of Swords and hide behind the fact that she was a Quiet Council member, is a testament to her morals and assertiveness and... Let me not go there.

Also, the only one attacking the Avengers was Magneto.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Absolutely this, this may be one of the most contrived issues of the era. I still don't understand how one goes from picking up the body and being offered condolences by Jean, to Emma's 'tangible assets' being an issue. That is just crass for me in light of the mood of the issue. Even if the writers are adamant it's in-character for one character there, it just doesn't comport with the mood of the issue.
    Agreed I was expecting them to ask who´s the suspect or what happened and if they already were told I would have expected them to try to arrest Magneto. I liked the meeting with the X-men but some things were off.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

They probably want to see her body before trying to do any investigating. And were they told that she was murdered, or just that she died?

It was a mistake by the story to bring up telepathy being akin to torture, and then have everyone do tons of mind control for the rest of the issue. And last issue ended with Jean asking for Emma to come help her invade Magneto's mind. Did that just not happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    It’s definitely the face mask. Even the AIPT review article agreed that the mask is trash and ugly. Also, just cause I like saying this, That woman who kissed Vision I don’t recognize her. She looks familiar, but is unrecognizable at the Moment. If I’m told that was Wanda I’d used the “Bill Clinton” denial(apologies to whomever feels this was in bad taste, I have a very dark sense of humor)
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!