Page 123 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2680
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think "worthiness" has ever defined Thor's base strength and invulnerability. Unless Mjolnir naturally boosted his abilities but I'm not aware of that usually being the case.

I guess Aaron may have been working under the idea that Thor, convinced of his unworthiness, mentally made himself weaker.

It definitely looks a lot better then other depictions of the "Odinson" look. Although he didn't really look like Thor.

(I can't believe I'm now so self-conscious about Thor's last name).
    LOL, true - he looks more like a techno-viking the only thing that remains are the boots which are leftover from Simonson's depiction

I always took him struggling to lift Mjolnir and straining with veins popping how physically weak he has become:

Last edited by charliehustle415; 07-10-2020 at 09:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Ahh, totally forgot. So does that mean any Asgardian weapon can kill Asgardians - meaning could Malakith kill Odin with Jarnbjorn?
    probably not? I mean it can cut celestials but it is enchanted to do so, so it works on apocalypse.

But it seemed good enough to cut thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    probably not? I mean it can cut celestials but it is enchanted to do so, so it works on apocalypse.

But it seemed good enough to cut thor.
    often times thor has been cut with mystical weapons to the point im not sure of his cutting durability

He was cut with jarnbjorn in uncanny avengers as well

often times thor has been cut with mystical weapons to the point im not sure of his cutting durability

He was cut with jarnbjorn in uncanny avengers as well
    But it makes me wonder if it only cut him since he was Unworthy; I'll try to see if during JMS's or Fraction's run if he was ever cut.

Because I distinctly remember when villains have attacked Thor with a bladed weapon it would just bounce off him

Oh snap, thanks; some good info here

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

I always took him struggling to lift Mjolnir and straining with veins popping how physically weak he has become:
    Are you serious? That wasn't to show how "physically weak" Thor became but to show that he was unworthy and couldn't lift the hammer in spite of all his strength. It's much the same reason the first Avengers movie had Hulk straining while attempting to lift Mjolnir and being unable to despite using so much of his strength that the floor of the Helicarrier was buckling underneath him, to show that it's not a matter of physical strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Are you serious? That wasn't to show how "physically weak" Thor became but to show that he was unworthy and couldn't lift the hammer in spite of all his strength. It's much the same reason the first Avengers movie had Hulk straining while attempting to lift Mjolnir and being unable to despite using so much of his strength that the floor of the Helicarrier was buckling underneath him, to show that it's not a matter of physical strength.
    But in the very next issue he was felled by a single Frost Giant henchman of Malakith and got his arm lopped off; so he was physically weak

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

But in the very next issue he was felled by a single Frost Giant henchman of Malakith and got his arm lopped off; so he was physically weak
    1) It was multiple Frost Giants not just a single one. Unless that single Frost Giant had three arms.

2) It was mentioned he'd been without sleep or food for days or weeks and we know he had multiple fights in Axis between the last issue of God of Thunder and the first issue of Jane's volume.

3) That was shitty writing and a lame excuse to force Thor into looking more like Old King Thor by having him lose his left arm.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Russo's scaled down all the Avengers' heavy hitters. I mean, look how quickly they take out or do nothing with Vision in all of their movies. It's like they're trying to avoid using the most powered members as much as possible, aside from making sure Carol gets a scene of her owning Thanos.
    I forget where I saw it, but the Russo's claim they can't write powerful characters and don't know how to utilize or challenge them properly, and that's why they sidelined Vision so much and knee-capped Hulk and Thor. Given how they handled Thor in Infinity War I think they don't give themselves enough credit though.
    I dont think they give themselves enough credit. I mean, Infinity War is basically Thanos' movie, and he's interesting, compelling, challenged emotionally, and even challenged physically....and that dude was literally throwing moons at people.

I think the Russos *can* do high powered characters. Maybe it's harder for them, but they can do it when they have to.
    Frankly I've felt that Russos have a thing for their favorites among the characters they played a significant part in developing, and those with most movie potention
    Cap, BP, Widow, Spidey, Giant Man
    Then Bucky and co, and then a bit with Iron Man

And barring few studio mandates they don't give a damn about power level consistency which was obvious from CW itself. Its was the worst in Endgame. Form Cap hurting Thanos almost as Carol before picking up the hammer to Tony taking 2 backhands from Thanos to.his unprotected face, it was a mess.
    Atleast Whedon was much better in that regard. If Russos directed the first Avengers Cap would've floored Loki with the first punch, and then Loki would beat up Tony and give Thor and Hulk a much better fight, while Cap does much worse against the Chitauri while the previous 3 do.much better.

There are many, many problems with the plot of Civil War.
    TBH, CW is my least favourite MCU film, for many reasons.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    Frankly I've felt that Russos have a thing for their favorites among the characters they played a significant part in developing, and those with most movie potention
    Cap, BP, Widow, Spidey, Giant Man
    Then Bucky and co, and then a bit with Iron Man

And barring few studio mandates they don't give a damn about power level consistency which was obvious from CW itself. Its was the worst in Endgame. Form Cap hurting Thanos almost as Carol before picking up the hammer to Tony taking 2 backhands from Thanos to.his unprotected face, it was a mess.
    Atleast Whedon was much better in that regard. If Russos directed the first Avengers Cap would've floored Loki with the first punch, and then Loki would beat up Tony and give Thor and Hulk a much better fight, while Cap does much worse against the Chitauri while the previous 3 do.much better.

TBH, CW is my least favourite MCU film, for many reasons.
    Whedon? The same guy who had Ultron getting his vibranium butt kicked by Steve alone and was barely a physical threat to the Avengers as a whole?
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Whedon? The same guy who had Ultron getting his vibranium butt kicked by Steve alone and was barely a physical threat to the Avengers as a whole?
    At least Whedon let Vision actually do stuff (looking at you, Russo's).

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

I'm still in awe of this art:

Nic Klein's work in this book is amazing.

Indeed. He's got a flair for the epic yeah?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    First of all , Steve didn't fight Vibranium Ultron. Secondly, he overpowered Steve on top thectruck the moment Cap lost his shield.
    Ultron drones were trash though, those claiming them to be bulletproof just didn't see the holes they had after being shot.