View Poll Results: Which Ladies Would You Want On-Going Titles For? (multiple choice)

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman (Kate Kane)

70 31.11%
  • Bumblebee (Karen Beecher)

33 14.67%
  • Cheetah

15 6.67%
  • Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel)

16 7.11%
  • Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman

78 34.67%
  • Katana

47 20.89%
  • Lady Shiva

26 11.56%
  • Poison Ivy

38 16.89%
  • Power Ring (Jessica Cruz)

29 12.89%
  • Raven

37 16.44%
  • Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

63 28.00%
  • Star Sapphire

23 10.22%
  • Supergirl

79 35.11%
  • Vixen

109 48.44%
  • Zatanna

127 56.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Zatanna's last series fell flat for me; too generic, but she's a great character who could handle a solid mid-level title. I myself enjoy her the most when she's got some serious problems and personality flaws, mainly her obsession with finding a man and her addiction to spell work. But even a less involved take on her would work.
    Is she really obsessed with finding a man? I thought she just had terrible luck dating, either because she barely has time because of her 24/7 job as a magician/Superhero or because she usually ends up with bad dates.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But I don't know if Geoff Johns would be blocking anybody else writing a solo series for her at present.
    For whatever it's worth, he doesn't seem to mind when other writers use her in team books, though that's a little different then having her be a solo star.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is she really obsessed with finding a man? I thought she just had terrible luck dating, either because she barely has time because of her 24/7 job as a magician/Superhero or because she usually ends up with bad dates.
    There is that too but I thought the poster was talking about her search for her father. Though I don't Zee ever going bonkers even during 'Zatanna's Search'. That said, I am not really interested in reading Zatanna if she is defined solely by her inability to find a man or if her stories always revolve around her father.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Astonishing Member

I voted Batwoman, Vixen and Zatanna, but I love all of them.

Some notes: No Outsiders team should ever lack Katana, and no Titans team should ever not have Bumblebee and Mal. Poison Ivy was a tough sell because she's awesome and has name value and fangirls and guys are big into her but I'm not sure her gimmick lends itself to more than a miniseries. That said, the last decade or so of shifting her into a gray-area villain or antihero are my jam, and I love it whenever she helps Harley or Catwoman or even Swamp Thing.

Mera was my big one who should get a title that wasn't on the list as well, although I'd actually rather have a dual character book called "Wonder Woman / Mera" where they have super-bestie adventures and wreck house.

I'd also really like a Nightshade comic.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wouldn't mind Posion Ivy showing up more within Swamp Thing's neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Spoiler

Linda Danvers

Give me series about those 2 and I won't criticize DC again.
    Oh, sure, you say that now, but . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, sure, you say that now, but . . .
    Considering that pigs will fly before DC acknowledges that the latter ever existed I'd actually show the proper gratitude if they gave her a series.

For whatever it's worth, he doesn't seem to mind when other writers use her in team books, though that's a little different then having her be a solo star.
    "Obsessed" might be a strong word, though she did conjure up an evil, reality-warping spirit in her attempts to find "the perfect man" in Morrison's Seven Soldiers. I dont think Zee stays up at night crying because shes not in a relationship or anything though.

She certainly has daddy issues, and while that can sometimes overshadow her stories I think its an interesting aspect to explore.

And her taste in men is pretty terrible. Anyone who goes on more than one date with John Constantine should have to turn in their dating card, because they're clearly doing it wrong.

As for Johns and Stargirl, he doesnt own the character (to my knowledge) and if DC is letting her rot in team books just to keep him happy rather than letting her reach her potential in a solo, then they dont deserve to own the character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

"Obsessed" might be a strong word, though she did conjure up an evil, reality-warping spirit in her attempts to find "the perfect man" in Morrison's Seven Soldiers. I dont think Zee stays up at night crying because shes not in a relationship or anything though.

She certainly has daddy issues, and while that can sometimes overshadow her stories I think its an interesting aspect to explore.

And her taste in men is pretty terrible. Anyone who goes on more than one date with John Constantine should have to turn in their dating card, because they're clearly doing it wrong.

As for Johns and Stargirl, he doesnt own the character (to my knowledge) and if DC is letting her rot in team books just to keep him happy rather than letting her reach her potential in a solo, then they dont deserve to own the character.
    Oh, no doubt about the daddy issues and that she doesn't necessarily have the best taste in men...and even for a girl with a taste for bad boys, she can do and deserves far better then Constantine. Like Bruce, on a good day .

I think saying their "letting her rot in team books" is a little much, especially when she's lucky to be in a team book at all rather then joining tons of other characters in limbo. I mean, maybe Johns has "dibs" on doing a Stargirl solo if he ever wants to like he apparently has "dibs" on Shazam but at least he's willing to let other writers use her in a relatively significant way for a team book.

. . . As for Johns and Stargirl, he doesnt own the character (to my knowledge) and if DC is letting her rot in team books just to keep him happy rather than letting her reach her potential in a solo, then they dont deserve to own the character.
    I think saying their "letting her rot in team books" is a little much, especially when she's lucky to be in a team book at all rather then joining tons of other characters in limbo. I mean, maybe Johns has "dibs" on doing a Stargirl solo if he ever wants to like he apparently has "dibs" on Shazam but at least he's willing to let other writers use her in a relatively significant way for a team book.
    Well, considering that Geoff Johns created the character of Stargirl, and who she was based on, I think there may be a bit more than "just to keep him happy" if that is why there's no Stargirl solo book. (I don't know if that's the reason, but it would be understandable if it was the case.)

I totally respect the inspiration that brought Courtney into existence. And I understand how Johns could be very protective of the character. I would be, if I were him. But he's not doing anything with her and hasnt for several years. So what's better? To limit her to team titles where she's barely used until Johns decides that he wants to use her again, or let someone else give it a try and, perhaps, elevate her to a point where she's a viable marketing commodity?

If Johns wanted to keep Courtney to himself, (which would be a totally understandable choice) he should have used the concept in a creator-owned capacity rather than DC's work-for-hire. I know that when Stars & STRIPE debuted the indie scene was almost nonexistent, but Image and Dark Horse were still viable options back then too (just ask Mignolia).

At the very least, Johns could take an afternoon to knock out a general "Stargirl bible" and then hand it off to another writer. Just like when Morrison came up with the premise for All New Atom and Gail Simone handled the daily grind of writing the scripts. That would ensure that Courtney is treated with the respect she deserves and doesnt stray too far from Johns' vision of the character. Hell, he's DC's Chief Creative Officer, this shouldnt be too hard to do.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-19-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Considering that pigs will fly before DC acknowledges that the latter ever existed I'd actually show the proper gratitude if they gave her a series.
    As much as I liked Linda, I don't trust anyone except Peter David or the Triangle era writers handling her. She had a good run (two if you count Fallen Angel at IDW) and I would rather have good memories of her than see her get Cassandra Cained or some nonsense like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    As much as I liked Linda, I don't trust anyone except Peter David or the Triangle era writers handling her. She had a good run (two if you count Fallen Angel at IDW) and I would rather have good memories of her than see her get Cassandra Cained or some nonsense like that.
    That already happened in Reign in Hell.

Since an ongoing seems so impossible what I'm really hoping DC does is use Linda as the vehicle to revive either the 'blonde justice' concept PAD had when he wrapped up his run or the triangle era Team Superman concept. That could easily solve many of the problems both Superman and Supergirl have had since even before the reboot.

Mera/troia/vixen/zatanna/power girl/huntress/supergirl/isis/firehawk/nu'bia/artemis

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Mera/troia/vixen/zatanna/power girl/huntress/supergirl/isis/firehawk/nu'bia/artemis
    I doubt Isis is going to happen unless she has a name change.

BANNED

Vixen. But we all know that'll never happen.