Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Ah, now that's how you draw Darkseid. Sure his costume looks silly, but he still looks like Darkseid.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Robin has always been my favourite character, I love Dick Grayson and Tim Drake and i like Damian and Jason too. I've always enjoied stories including the batfamily but this Robin rises thing is so weird.
    There are some very good points like Batman's rage and determination, the fearless devotion of all family member, Titus etc. but everything is so unrealistic, so over.
    I'm having the temptation to say that all these story is a total bunch of crap, but i'll wait till the end.
    I don't give a damn about BatGod, figuaratevly it's obvious he is, but he's not a real God. How can a man in an high-tec armor compete witha a real God? I'ts too much for me and especially for Bruce and his people (and dog).
    I'm worried because it's the first time that i'm feeling strange about my favourite character, knowing that he'll bear superpowers is not the best of the news.
    I'd prefer that Damian wouldn't die at all, and if he had to, it would be more in line with the character a comeback with something about Ra's and The League of assassins instead of Darkseid.
    Anyway i'll wait tilll the end as i said.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Robin has always been my favourite character, I love Dick Grayson and Tim Drake and i like Damian and Jason too. I've always enjoied stories including the batfamily but this Robin rises thing is so weird.
    There are some very good points like Batman's rage and determination, the fearless devotion of all family member, Titus etc. but everything is so unrealistic, so over.
    I'm having the temptation to say that all these story is a total bunch of crap, but i'll wait till the end.
    I don't give a damn about BatGod, figuaratevly it's obvious he is, but he's not a real God. How can a man in an high-tec armor compete witha a real God? I'ts too much for me and especially for Bruce and his people (and dog).
    I'm worried because it's the first time that i'm feeling strange about my favourite character, knowing that he'll bear superpowers is not the best of the news.
    I'd prefer that Damian wouldn't die at all, and if he had to, it would be more in line with the character a comeback with something about Ra's and The League of assassins instead of Darkseid.
    Anyway i'll wait tilll the end as i said.
    He is wearing armor that includes both alien technology and the tech of the gods.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I can't wait for the final showdown.

Bruce has to come to some sort of weird deal with the Lord of Order, since there's no possible way for him to stay alive in the presence of Darkseid for more than 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    He is wearing armor that includes both alien technology and the tech of the gods.
    Therefore this changes everything

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

This whole storyline has been pretty ridiculous. We have a human in some souped up tech defeating many of the defenders of a planet that is destroying a whole other world in World's End (one with 2 Kryptonians, a Green Lantern, WW's daughter, Mister Miracle, and all of the Elementals of the world teamed up). Isn't there a better way this could have been handled - like just taking Damian back from Godfrey. I get that you suspend disbelief every month, but the multiverse has to have some kind of logical consistency or it loses even its fictional credibility. When Bruce punched Darkseid in the preview all you can do is laugh. My only hope is that Darkseid has "allowed" this because he wants to cut a deal with Batman. I surely think that has to be where this is going otherwise it's complete crap fan-fiction and I'm surprised it got through editorial

Agreed it's all getting a little silly. Bruce can take on Darkseid, sure, but a literal fist fight is the most boring set-up you could possibly choose. Final Crisis and Return of Bruce Wayne worked because they were imaginative and thematically resonant and made more sense in the context of mere mortal Bruce Wayne outwitting a no-**** God of Evil. Looks like another typical Tomasi arc; begins on fire then fizzles out in the end.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Therefore this changes everything
    yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    yes it does
    I'm sorry but no, and besides this is not the heart of the matter.
    He can even wear the most powerful armor of the multiversity and everything you want but these remains a bullshit for many reasons that many people here had indicate.
    It's the context that clash, how can a mere man in this armor compete with an entitity that destroys worlds?
    I agree with who says that villains like Darkseid should be used carefully, and fisting him in face from an armor batman it's not exactly cautious. You risk to misrepresent both characters Batman and Darkseid.

All-New Member

Yeah, recently batman has been wanted to the max. His punch (regardless of who made the suit) even slightly affecting DS just shows how much Batman has become much worse character and quality wise.

I actually have begun to dislike Batman's character. sigh, as long as Batman doesn't come in any of the other comics he isn't in I will just act like this never happened.

Batman fought darkseid and made him bleed before this issue and I'm not talking about final crisis.
    The only thing different now is that batman has the means to go toe to toe with him.

I wish Gleason was always drawing Darkseid you can see the kirby influence

The result doesn't matter as much as the method. I'd rather Batman get some magical/cosmic temporary power up instead this just be some armor he keeps lying around the Watch Tower on the weekends.

But most importantly this just marginalized Darkseid, who is suppose to be the greatest threat in the DC Universe. If this was in a vaccum this would be fine, but we've got Godhead going and other past and future stories where Darkseid is suppose to be a big deal. Darkseid losing it's the problem its the way he's losing. I think DC should really think about making a new ultimate big bad, ore elevate someone like Trigon again.

DC can do whatever it wants too but its hard to take Darkseid seriously as the ultimate threat.
    The J-man

Guys let's just hold our psychics powers at bay and see what happens in the issue before flying off the handle with assumptions and judgements (although this is the CBR forums). Its a 3 page preview lol, the next page might involve Darkseid laughing at the punch and saying exactly what you all have been.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The result doesn't matter as much as the method. I'd rather Batman get some magical/cosmic temporary power up instead this just be some armor he keeps lying around the Watch Tower on the weekends.

But most importantly this just marginalized Darkseid, who is suppose to be the greatest threat in the DC Universe. If this was in a vaccum this would be fine, but we've got Godhead going and other past and future stories where Darkseid is suppose to be a big deal. Darkseid losing it's the problem its the way he's losing. I think DC should really think about making a new ultimate big bad, ore elevate someone like Trigon again.

DC can do whatever it wants too but its hard to take Darkseid seriously as the ultimate threat.
    Given that he did not use this armor in Endgame, it is a safe bet that it is going to be destroyed by the end of this comic.

hmmm at least in this issue of the Damian issue, we should get our answer to the question of how Bruce got sent back in time.