Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I don't think Dark Circle will have delays or at least not to many if they do have any. The writers and artist they picked don't seem that busy in comics outside of Dark Circle. I mean the writers of The Shield write books, but I have never seen that delay a writer for comics before. (Plus there is two of them).

Though even if there is delays, I would never drop a title that I liked due to delays. If the character, story, art or anything else is really good. It will still be good two months later (assuming issue 2 is just as good as issue 1, but I generally wait for reviews before buying or I sometimes trust a writer/artist that I know alway do good).
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-04-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    . . . Though even if there is delays, I would never drop a title that I liked due to delays. If the character, story, art or anything else is really good. It will still be good two months later (assuming issue 2 is just as good as issue 1, but I generally wait for reviews before buying or I sometimes trust a writer/artist that I know alway do good).
    Sometimes it's not just a question of whether it's "good" or not . . . it can be whether you still care or have any commitment to the book. I use to read a lot of science fiction and fantasy books when I was younger, but after a while it wasn't worth the effort of remembering what type of alternate future it was, or what type of society is ruling this or that fantasy realm.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sometimes it's not just a question of whether it's "good" or not . . . it can be whether you still care or have any commitment to the book. I use to read a lot of science fiction and fantasy books when I was younger, but after a while it wasn't worth the effort of remembering what type of alternate future it was, or what type of society is ruling this or that fantasy realm.
    If the book is good in any way I am normally committed to it. And if I forget any bit that happened in the issue before, I own it. So I read it again. I normally reread issues before the new one even without a delay haha.

Also not sure if you guys saw this yet:

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa:
    “It takes longer to produce these issues than most comic books—Robert, like Francesco, is responsible for all the art and coloring—and the last couple of months, I’ve had my focus split between writing the books and writing the pilot for ‘Riverdale,’ which can be a fairly all-consuming process. That said, ‘Riverdale’ is in great shape as it goes into Fox—fingers-crossed, everyone’s really excited about it—and now, the priority is getting ‘Sabrina’ and ‘Afterlife’ out on a regular schedule—that’s my New Year’s resolution and pledge for the fans and retailers.”
    Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/03/world-sabrina-2/

So looks like the focus will be back on this series so thats good!
    Pulls:

. . . not sure if you guys saw this yet:

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa:
    It takes longer to produce these issues than most comic books—Robert, like Francesco, is responsible for all the art and coloring—and the last couple of months, I’ve had my focus split between writing the books and writing the pilot for ‘Riverdale,’ which can be a fairly all-consuming process. That said, ‘Riverdale’ is in great shape as it goes into Fox—fingers-crossed, everyone’s really excited about it—and now, the priority is getting ‘Sabrina’ and ‘Afterlife’ out on a regular schedule—that’s my New Year’s resolution and pledge for the fans and retailers.”
    Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/03/world-sabrina-2/

So looks like the focus will be back on this series so thats good!
    The focus may be back on the series . . . but when?

The longer it takes, the more likely I may not care.

BANNED

that is the problem...the longer it takes to get back on track with afterlife and sabrina the more fans and new readers the will lose....

It's his priority now. So I am guessing they will start to come out soon. He has to have time to get it back on track though. But I would think it would be soon. I am just happy he addressed the problem, and told us it's his priority now to get it back on track.
    Pulls:

It's his priority now. So I am guessing they will start to come out soon. He has to have time to get it back on track though. But I would think it would be soon. I am just happy he addressed the problem, and told us it's his priority now to get it back on track.
    It's a "New Year's resolution", but . . . when is "soon"? If no vague dates were mentioned for when it could be out, I'm guessing that means maybe March or April at earliest at this point. "Soon" to him may just mean when his part of the work is done and not take into account the time others need to actually complete, print, and distribute the book.

It's a "New Year's resolution", but . . . when is "soon"? If no vague dates were mentioned for when it could be out, I'm guessing that means maybe March or April at earliest at this point. "Soon" to him may just mean when his part of the work is done and not take into account the time others need to actually complete, print, and distribute the book.
    To me having it in March is better then not having it at all. Its his focus now, so it will be coming out as soon as they are done I hope, then it will be back on track. I am happy about it. But ya he and the rest of the people on the book will need time to do there work, I mean there is no way it was going to come out this month haha. They need time to get back on track. March (if that is when it comes out) is not that far away, to me him addressing the problem and working on fixing it, and having the book get back on track, is better then no book at all haha. But then again delays never bothered me XD. I would not them to rush it and get a really bad issue.

But I totally understand your anger or sadness or disappointment. It sucks to have to wait for something you like, and to have them not address it. But at least they have now.

And of course this is all just my opinion and view and does not lessen yours in anway and I hope nothing I say comes off as mad or like a fight haha. Its hard to put emotions into words sometimes, and I don't mean for it to come off as mad. Just discussing here haha.

But hopefully we will get the next issue soon.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-04-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Pulls:

To me having it in March is better then not having it at all. Its his focus now, so it will be coming out as soon as they are done I hope, then it will be back on track. I am happy about it. But ya he and the rest of the people on the book will need time to do there work, I mean there is no way it was going to come out this month haha. They need time to get back on track. March (if that is when it comes out) is not that far away, to me him addressing the problem and working on fixing it, and having the book get back on track, is better then no book at all haha. But then again delays never bothered me XD. I would not them to rush it and get a really bad issue.

But I totally understand your anger or sadness or disappointment. It sucks to have to wait for something you like, and to have them not address it. But at least they have now.

And of course this is all just my opinion and view and does not lessen yours in anway and I hope nothing I say comes off as mad or like a fight haha. Its hard to put emotions into words sometimes, and I don't mean for it to come off as mad. Just discussing here haha.

But hopefully we will get the next issue soon.
    Same here.
    However, after seeing what happened to Red Circle, it feels almost like I'm watching a horror film and the next victim is going to where the killer is. And I'm screaming "No! Don't go in there!"
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Same here.
    However, after seeing what happened to Red Circle, it feels almost like I'm watching a horror film and the next victim is going to where the killer is. And I'm screaming "No! Don't go in there!"
    Well in my opinion it seemed the last Red Circle was not as well pushed as Afterlife, this or as pushed as Dark Circle is being. It only had a digital series, and then the Fox mini series that led to Dark Circle. I think Dark Circle is getting more push and has a different tone in each series to hit enough different kinds of people (Superhero fans=The Shield, comedy fans=The Fox, and grim, darker fans=The Black Hood).

They pushed Afterlife with Archie and that series is doing well, I believe, and they are pushing Dark Circle, and then they are going to push the new Archie series relaunch as well. At least from a newish Archie fan it seems to be reaching outside places. I did not ever pick up an Archie comic or even hear about them ever (I knew of them as the kid comic company) till the Fox mini series and Afterlife. I would think it is reaching others then me too.

Of course these series could still fail if not enough people are buying them, so I hope people give Dark Circle a chance, as well as keep going with this series, cause issue 1 was very good in opinion and worth waiting for. But I get what you are saying, and I have my own fears that no one will red them and it won't last long due to that.
    Pulls:

BANNED

eh I'm still kinda on the fence with dark circle....not even sure if I'd get all three two of them or just one

. . . But ya he and the rest of the people on the book will need time to do there work, I mean there is no way it was going to come out this month haha. They need time to get back on track. March (if that is when it comes out) is not that far away, to me him addressing the problem and working on fixing it, and having the book get back on track, is better then no book at all haha. But then again delays never bothered me XD. I would not them to rush it and get a really bad issue.

But I totally understand your anger or sadness or disappointment. It sucks to have to wait for something you like, and to have them not address it. But at least they have now . . .
    Actually, as far as I'm concerned, they haven't really "addressed it" beyond admitting that it's behind. It's easy to say "I'll start on that now", but does it actually mean anything in terms of if / when it gets done? If all it amounts to is "I'll try to focus on it now", that really doesn't mean anything beyond a possibly good intention at the moment.

BANNED

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, they haven't really "addressed it" beyond admitting that it's behind. It's easy to say "I'll start on that now", but does it actually mean anything in terms of if / when it gets done? If all it amounts to is "I'll try to focus on it now", that really doesn't mean anything beyond a possibly good intention at the moment.
    yeah it's kinda just them trying to cover their asses for the delays by saying they'll make up for it