Page 495 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595995 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely looks like they're going for a more grounded, smaller scale, vibe with the Batmobile looking like an actual car and how the suit looks.
    That’s clearly what they’re going for. This is a year 2 story, so I get it but I don’t think it works for me. Can’t see criminals being particularly intimidated if they see that rolling up.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    That’s clearly what they’re going for. This is a year 2 story, so I get it but I don’t think it works for me. Can’t see criminals being particularly intimidated if they see that rolling up.
    I think it could look a little more like the B:TAS or Burton Batmobile, because it looks a little too much like a normal car, but maybe it'll come off better in motion and in chase scenes.

It makes me wonder what kind of resources Pattinson's Batman is working from here.

The Bats and the Furious?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Love those 3 images incredibly

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    thats... uhm..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely looks like they're going for a more grounded, smaller scale, vibe with the Batmobile looking like an actual car and how the suit looks.
    thats one very nice way to put it :P

Astonishing Member

The Reeves Batmobile reminds me of the old ‘66 Batmobile, and I know if in a good or bad way but I dig how moody those pictures make Gotham look.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    On the topic of something new, here's something I wanted to see before:

Would you guys be interested if they made an animated series starring Nightwing?
    Eh, I honestly never understood what the huge appeal with Nightwing was/is. He's like Spider-Man-lite.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I honestly never understood what the huge appeal with Nightwing was/is. He's like Spider-Man-lite.
    The appeal is, he is james bond of dc.He is batman with an actual personality. Also, this might be a reason.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/nightw...-grayson-booty

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The appeal is, he is james bond of dc.He is batman with an actual personality. Also, this might be a reason.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/nightw...-grayson-booty
    Batman has a personality, when written well (and Nightwing's personality is kinda bland Spider-Man, imo). And wasn't the James Bond spy thing just one run or so?
    And meh, booty's nothing we haven't seen.

Batman has a personality, when written well (and Nightwing's personality is kinda bland Spider-Man, imo). And wasn't the James Bond spy thing just one run or so?
    And meh, booty's nothing we haven't seen.
    Problem is Batman hasn't been written well in years.

For me, I consider Nightwing a cross between Daredevil and Batman. He has all the skills that Batman does. He's a world class detective, who doesn't get bogged down with armor and god-complexes. He's light and acrobatic and more likely to dodge bullets and flip over rafters then just growl and beat people down.

In my mind, he's the BETTER Batman. He can make mistakes and lose a fight, but still has the skills and abilities to win against the odds. Nobody is going to get upset if he loses to Superman or Darkseid... because while he's near 'human perfection' He doesn't have that 'BECAUSE I'M BATMAN' stigma attached to him.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Problem is Batman hasn't been written well in years.

For me, I consider Nightwing a cross between Daredevil and Batman. He has all the skills that Batman does. He's a world class detective, who doesn't get bogged down with armor and god-complexes. He's light and acrobatic and more likely to dodge bullets and flip over rafters then just growl and beat people down.

In my mind, he's the BETTER Batman. He can make mistakes and lose a fight, but still has the skills and abilities to win against the odds. Nobody is going to get upset if he loses to Superman or Darkseid... because while he's near 'human perfection' He doesn't have that 'BECAUSE I'M BATMAN' stigma attached to him.
    Eh, I still don't think he's great, but I wanted to know why others love him so much and now I know.

Although Batman is the better Batman.

Eh, I still don't think he's great, but I wanted to know why others love him so much and now I know.

Nightwing reminds me of the Batman I fell in love with back in the bronze/silver age. Modern Bat-god does nothing for me... Even when Dick became Batman post final crisis it didn't seem any different. He didn't act any different than Bruce did and he played the same way....

But Dick as Batman back in post-knightfall Prodigal story?? That was an amazing time. I loved that version. But yeah, I preferred the early Dixon Nightwing Stories to the same period Batman stories by a ton.

Nope! Batman isn't a man. He is a god.Nightwing for the most part hasn't went to that level yet. If being a paranoid self-destructive jerk is personality. Then batman has it in spades.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-04-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Nope! Batman isn't a man. He is a god.Nightwing for the most part hasn't went to that level yet. If being a paranoid self-destructive jerk is personality. Then batman has it in spades.
    Nope!

Some writers have him that way, I just pick and choose my stories.

Nope!

Some writers have him that way, I just pick and choose my stories.
    The guy fights new gods. He isn't human. He does everything superman does without the sun.It is'nt some writers, most write him like that. That is the idea or the perception of batman propagated in pop culture .A sociopathic methodical control freak of a vigilante who can do anything with some moments of redemption . Superman is perceived as the saint, boyscout, space-jesus.. Etc. The perception matters it leads to writing and further propogates the same.