Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast
    Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

The discussion revealed to him the reason people are arguing is because they are afraid he is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The post devoted to the closure was deleted because it's no longer applicable.
    Thanks, I thought I replied or had more posts still thanks fro getting back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Page 50 at least, please.
    I have a fun feeling you will get your wish
    Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    The discussion revealed to him the reason people are arguing is because they are afraid he is right.
    Is this like the reveal that it was a mind clone because Ghost Peter appeared and with a few words implied he came from Doc Ock. Then I’m not worried more like terrified.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Truly he is a fine example of the trope Insane Troll Logic. Yes truly people argue against someone out of the fear that they are right rather than the more logical because they feel the other is wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    This thread was closed just before I went on holiday (which I enjoyed) I come back and its reopened.
    Now to your comments there isn’t a shred of evidence to say Peter isn’t the real Peter, the whole thing is subjective.
    You can’t seem to prove your theory (and you had 40 plus to try)
    That evidence would it be the same kind that we have been able to question.
    People question about whether or not we've been to the moon.

Some people even question that the holocaust even happened.

Questioning something doesn't make something to be any less true.

But his evidence isn’t consistent he changes up and down left and right it makes me dizzy OWW.
    My evidence has been nothing but consistent. I don't change anything up and down and left and right.

Give examples from my own past comments that prove such a thing is true. Because I haven't done such a thing.

You want the proof that it holds no water, read over the last 40 pages there’s your proof.
    I've given a response to every refute attempt against my theory and none of them have proven it to be wrong.

Is there rock hard solid evidence or is it doubtful.
    It's rock soild evidence to me, and despite evidence being rock solid people can still choose to reject the truth of the matter. Like I stated above people reject that we've been to the moon despite the evidence to the contrary. People reject that the holocaust even happened despite the evidence to the contrary (which includes actual people who survived the holocaust) so if people can reject truth despite the evidence then how can my theory not have the possibility of being right despite what anyone says against it?

Wait I thought your issue was that Peter wasn’t the real Peter and Slott address Peter’s status so what is your issue.
    Slott doesn't address my issue in his comment. He talks about mental links and memories being uploaded not a consciousness being uploaded. Peter was revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body that means his consciousness was still in Doc Ock's body when he died...it didn't get uploaded back into Peter's body.

My head hurts you are trying to make things more complicated remember the demograph is like 8 – 50 years old. One doesn’t want to over think and the other may be too old to care.
    Sometimes when you don't over think you get fooled and manipulated and I know that from experience. So, when something doesn't feel right to me I over think and as a result I find things that other people overlook and I use such to my advantage so I don't get taken advantage of.

Ok one question and this will depend on how I see this thread.
    Is it possible that Ghost Peter was the real Peter who later accessed the memories of what happened in Ock’s body.
    No. Peter's consciousness was revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body in Amazing Spider-Man #700. I'm NOT going to reject that fact that was revealed in the story itself.

And Slott doesn't say anything to refute that fact either.

That it seemed that Peter was in Doc Ocks body then died and he returned as a Ghost and fought with Ock for 14/15 issues (I think) and then Ock gave him his body back. That’s pretty much it anything else and well you could be overthinking it.
    Ghost Peter wasn't a spiritual ghost he was the consciousness of Peter's mind clone to me and the real Peter's consciousness to you, but such a thing is impossible since Peter's consciouness died in Doc Ock's body. In fact he wasn't even mentioned as a ghost in the story. People just gave him the name Ghost Peter to describe him.

No what it makes is your opinon is that the current peter isn’t the real peter just saying.
    Yes, it's my opinion based on the extremely strong evidence of the fact that Peter's consciousness was revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body in Amazing Spider-Man #700. Sometimes an opinion can be just as good as any fact can be when there is such evidence to back that opinion up.

One issue we believe you are wrong and you have told us if we don’t post you will consider it a victory and I’m sorry but that in and of itself is going to keep people posting.
    Good. I want people to continue to try to prove me wrong and when they try I will reply to every refute attempt made and sooner or later maybe some sense will get knocked into some people and they will come around to seeing the situation like I do. The current Peter isn't the real Peter.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 10-06-2014 at 06:24 PM.

BANNED

I like you. I too was told not to look too deeply into things at one point, they said it'd drive me mad, it did'nt, it set me free, it made me more creative, and it made me wish Marvel were just as creative and more considerate towards their own consistency, in over-thinking, you can come up with interpretations and opinions not shared by the sheeple. I'd rather overthink and poke at the holes in the faux Mephistoverse and it's phony representations of "Peter" and the supporting cast, exposing it for what it is than sit still in a chair and drool over a peice of bad art and writing.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 10-06-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I like you. I too was told not to look too deeply into things at one point, they said it'd drive me mad, it did'nt, it set me free, it made me more creative, and it made me wish Marvel were just as creative and more considerate towards their own consistency, in over-thinking, you can come up with interpretations and opinions not shared by the sheeple. I'd rather overthink and poke at the holes in the faux Mephistoverse and it's phony representations of "Peter" and the supporting cast, exposing it for what it is than sit still in a chair and drool over a peice of bad art and writing.
    Dude don't inflate his overinflated and undeserved ego. We're not talking about any personal grudges against OMD but what actually happened in the book. Strictly objective thinking.

BANNED

Heres the problem you theory requires Doc Ock to be right, yet there is no evidence to support that he is, but here is a thought things can happen with no theory or new machines – here’s a question do we know if Doc Ock tested the device was he aware of what happened or what could happen or was he desperate and used the device untested. SSM was arrogant egotistical and that to me means he wouldn’t be level headed and therefore could have made a mistake.
    None of that refutes the fact that Peter's consciousness was revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body. So, that being a fact makes Ghost Peter to be exactly what Doc Ock stated him to be despite any reason you give me to say that Doc Ock was wrong about such a thing.

Everything that comes after Amazing Spider-Man #700 only proves beyond any doubt to me that Ghost Peter is a mind clone due to the fact that Peter's consciousness was revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body.

Ask Slott
    I did. I sent him a private message. He never replied to it. I assume it's because I boxed him into a corner with the question. Which only gives me more of a reason to believe that my theory is correct.

I have no idea if I’m honest I don’t actually care either.
    Well, that's not exactly true is it? If you didn't care then you wouldn't even bother to debate the subject with me.

Nothing proves you right either.
    Until one is proven wrong...they are right.

So ask him, send him a tweet or wait for a Q&A heck doesn Slott even come onto the CBR forums cause you could always PM him.
    See above. I already sent him a private message...I got no reply. Why would he do that unless I boxed him into a corner with my question?

If he replies with an answer to my question that proves my theory to be true he knows I will quote him and that will let the truth out of the bag that the current Peter isn't the real Peter and that is something he doesn't want to admit to.

Pretty sure he has never been asked
    Yes he was...I asked him myself in a private message. He never replied back to me.

Ok but it doesn’t prove your theory
    It proves it more than it disproves it since Slott never replied to the question that I asked in a private message I sent to him.

Was he ever asked.
    Yes...I asked him in a private message...Slott never replied to it.

I heard a rumor that it can if you clone it trade secret that.
    I know that considering the fact that I'm stating that's what the current Peter is.

A cloned consciousness isn't the original consciousness though.

Gee I’m really feeling the love today
    What does love have to do with a debate?

I thought we did
    I've got conflicting comments that state otherwise.

Nothing in the story proves that Ghost Peter came from Doc Ock’s body (except for Spock’s theory and I believe I have made my thoughts about that clear).
    If Peter's real consciousness was in Doc Ock's body then Ghost Peter definitely formed from Peter's memories exactly like Doc Ock stated.

If the consciousness of Peter that was in Doc Ock's body was a mind clone due to Doc Ock's brain patterns being rewritten then Ghost Peter was still formed from the memories of the Peter than was in Doc Ock's body because Ghost Peter has the memories of being in Doc Ock's body. Ghost Peter wasn't a spiritual being he was a consciousness within Peter's body.

But that isn’t a fact because nothing in the story proves it.
    If Peter's real consciousness was really in Doc Ock's body then him being revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body proves it.

Ghost Peter can be nothing except a mind clone of Peter due to him dying in Doc Ock's body.

If the consciousness of Peter in Doc Ock's body was a mind clone of Peter already then Ghost Peter was formed from those memories that it uploaded because the real Peter wouldn't have the memories of being in Doc Ock's body. Two separate minds don't share the same memories of things they didn't experience for themselves. That's why the memories of the mind clone of Peter in Doc Ock's body can't be absorbed by the real Peter's mind because those memories don't belong to the real Peter.

Ghost Peter was formed from the memories that the Peter in Doc Ock's body uploaded making Ghost Peter to be a created split personality within Peter and separate from the original personality of Peter if Peter real consciousness never left his body.

He name dropped me, Thinker you stop it people will talk (who cares they always do), fyi I did say this but I also stated that I trusted Ock as far as I could throw him which was to mean I don’t.
    Whether you trust Doc Ock or not is irrevelant without proof in the story stating that Doc Ock was wrong. There are people I don't trust, but I don't automatically consider them to be wrong because of it without proof. In a court of law even someone that can't be trusted has to be proven wrong, right?

There isn’t rock solid evidence to support your theory, here’s a fact for you if your theory was the right one as you claim then they would be rock solid evidence and there isn’t so it’s only one possibility of many.
    But, you are not even accepting it as a possibility of many. You are flat out denying it.

Nope the truth to me anyway is something that can be proven without doubt, no outside factors no what ifs its black and white either I’m being truthful or lying, if I’m lying I except someone to call me on it.
    One has to lie of their own free will to actually be lying.

One can be wrong, but that doesn't make them to be lying.

I have said it have a dozen times could you please stop stating this as a fact when you can’t prove it. PLEASE I’m begging you.
    I've proven it to myself and that's why I call it a fact and until someone proves me wrong I will continue to consider it a fact and state it as such.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 10-06-2014 at 06:32 PM.

BANNED

Is this like the reveal that it was a mind clone because Ghost Peter appeared and with a few words implied he came from Doc Ock. Then I’m not worried more like terrified.

Why would you be terrified about me being right?

It would only reveal that Slott has another story in mind to reveal that the current Peter isn't the real Peter only to eventually bring the real Peter back anyway.

All I'm stating is the current Peter isn't the real Peter I never said that the real Peter wouldn't be coming back.

I believe that Slott is building things to a future story.

You can at least accept my theory for the sake of that reason since all the evidence points to it. Stop denying the evidence simply because you want the current Peter to be the real Peter when he isn't.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 10-06-2014 at 06:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post

I feel exactly the same way and by doing that I came to my conclusion that the current Peter isn't the real Peter due to the events of Superior Spider-Man.

What do you think in regards to my theory?

Does it make sense to you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Dude don't inflate his overinflated and undeserved ego. We're not talking about any personal grudges against OMD but what actually happened in the book. Strictly objective thinking.

The story of Superior Spider-Man reveals that the current Peter isn't the real Peter and no matter how much you may wish to deny that fact it won't change it.

You are one of the sheeple just like Cameron Samurai stated. There is nothing wrong with over-thinking because you can only get to the truth of things by digging. If you refuse to dig you will never discover the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    Yes, it's my opinion based on the extremely strong evidence of the fact that Peter's consciousness was revealed to have died in Doc Ock's body in Amazing Spider-Man #700. Sometimes an opinion can be just as good as any fact can be when there is such evidence to back that opinion up.
    And this is why your theory has flaws.
    A lot of flaws.
    It's not a fact that Peter's consciousness died in Otto's body, it's something we don't know. You can assume anything you want as of this moment, because the story is clearly not done. We don't know what happened to Otto's body, or why Otto couldn't remember what happened in Spider-Verse.

And if you honestly believe that an opinion is as good as a fact, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker4730 View Post
    The story of Superior Spider-Man reveals that the current Peter isn't the real Peter and no matter how much you may wish to deny that fact it won't change it.

You are one of the sheeple just like Cameron Samurai stated. There is nothing wrong with over-thinking because you can only get to the truth of things by digging. If you refuse to dig you will never discover the truth.
    Yea considering that this has been explained to you how the current Peter is the real Peter only with some extra memories downloaded into his mind, it's not denying anything. Even without the input of the guy who wrote the story, it's obvious you're overthinking things, looking for something that isn't there. And to make a statement of calling people sheeple (honestly one of the most stupid statements I've seen on this forum) because they have better things to do than try to find conspiracies where there is none, you have become so arrogant about your own theory that its a wonder you can see the light of day with your head so far up your own ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea considering that this has been explained to you how the current Peter is the real Peter only with some extra memories downloaded into his mind,
    You and others have explained NOTHING! NOTHING! The current Peter isn't the real Peter. It doesn't matter if the Peter that was in Doc Ock's body was his real consciousness or a cloned version of it.

1) If it was the real Peter's consciousness in Doc Ock's body then that automatically makes Ghost Peter a mind clone because Peter's real consciousness died in Doc Ock's body, period end of story for the real Peter Parker. Pack him up and ship him out because he's outta there.

2) If it was a mind clone of Peter that died in Doc Ock's body and Peter's consciousness never left his own body and was suppressed then it's been revealed that Ghost Peter was formed from the memories of the mind clone of Peter that was in Doc Ock's body. The real Peter's consciousness and the consciousness of his mind clone are two separate minds. The only memories that they share are the ones they have in common prior to the creation of Peter's mind clone that ended up in Doc Ock's body. The real Peter would not have access to any memories that his mind clone acquired.

The story doesn't reveal that the real Peter acquired extra memories you are assuming that because you want Ghost Peter to be the real Peter and the only way he can be the real Peter is for him to acquire those memories via being absorbed into the real Peter's consciousness and the story doesn't reveal that at all.

Why were there two separate memory files discovered by the 31 memories version of Ghost Peter when he was wandering the mindscape after he got "deleted"? There were two separate memory files because those files came from two separate minds not one. One belonged to the real Peter and the other belonged to the mind clone of Peter that was in Doc Ock's body. All the evidence that proves that Ghost Peter is a mind clone is all right there in the story and you and others refuse to accept them.

it's not denying anything.
    You and others are denying the evidence and I spelled out that evidence above...deal with it!

Even without the input of the guy who wrote the story, it's obvious you're overthinking things,
    Over thinking things is like digging for the truth.

Do you only wish to accept just what's on the surface or do you want to go beneath the surface and get to the truth?

If you don't want to do the digging to get to the truth then that's fine, but I prefer to over think everything and do the digging and get to the truth.

looking for something that isn't there.
    If something isn't there then you won't find it, but if you never look you will never know.

I looked and I found what you claim isn't there.

And to make a statement of calling people sheeple (honestly one of the most stupid statements I've seen on this forum)
    I didn't make the statement...I'm just agreeing with it...big difference.

because they have better things to do than try to find conspiracies where there is none,
    If you had better things to do then you wouldn't be here making comments against my so called conspiracy theory. You'd be doing those better things to do.

you have become so arrogant about your own theory that its a wonder you can see the light of day with your head so far up your own ass.
    And you have become so arrogant about going against my theory that you've overlooked the very evidence in the story that proves my theory.
    Last edited by Thinker4730; 10-06-2014 at 06:43 PM.

You can't prove anything to Thinker. Pretty much everyone knows he's wrong, but to him, everything you argue will simply become some way for him to prove himself right. Like every other conspiracy theorist, really. Reality is an unwelcome thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    You can't prove anything to Thinker. Pretty much everyone knows he's wrong, but to him, everything you argue will simply become some way for him to prove himself right. Like every other conspiracy theorist, really. Reality is an unwelcome thing.
    Yea I'm honestly not sure which is worse, the sheer level of his own undeserved arrogance in pretending that we haven't shot down everything that he says causing him to put himself on repeat or the fact that this thread has made it to 43 pages based on that very action.