Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

[COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Palatino Linotype]"I already agreed to help.

"...you and your compatriot are right. It's just, my summoning was so abrupt. Had I been given time to set up some additional failsafe spells, I'd be more confident in my kingdom's well-being.

As much as I detest the games of gods, I see this one is more than mere whim and hubris on this 'Monitor's' part.

Other than gathering energy for the upcoming trials, is there anything you would have me do? Do you suspect the members of this 'Suicide Squad' may be found through magickal means?"
    Clark placed a hand on Circe's. His touch was firm, but gentle and warm.

I understand your worry about your subjects, but with time being out of wack, if we succeed then you'll more than likely have been gone an instant. However the other possibility even if we succeed, that time moves on should not worry you. I don't judge you based off the Circe I know, but if you are truly a great leader, your subjects will thrive in your presence. As for locating the Suicide Squad members, I would advise against making contact. A comrade of mine did and well, they've just now recovered. That was several worlds ago. I would like for you and the others to get to know each other, and if you haven't mentally prepare yourself for this crisis"

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post

"That symbol...you are Kryptonian! But...but why do you have this much different form?"
    Clark smiled. "You're right, I am Kryptonian, half to be exact. The different form is due to my mother's genes and a certain period of time where my Father's powers were unstable. I'm guessing the crest of El is well known in your world, Hawkman?"

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post

...AH AHA A FITTING LABEL THEY WHO HELP KILL AND TEAR AND DESTROY ALL AROUND THEM THIS SUICIDAL SQUADRON WILL FIT THEIR NAMESAKE AND BE MADE UNDONE BY THEIR ACTIONS SLOWLY SURELY DELIBERATELY THEY PROPEL TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN THE END OF THE LINE WHERE THEY CANNOT GO ON THEIR SUICIDE MISSION IS INDEED A CAUSE FOR SUICIDE THEY DO NOT KNOW IT YET BUT THEY SHALL BE BEFALLEN BY THEIR OWN DAGGERS INLAID BY THEIR OWN HANDS IT WILL BE SWEET SONOROUS WHEN THEY SING THEIR PITEOUS FINAL SONGS...

The Weaver moaned his song further, excitedly sketching with a finger on the floor images unknown, tufts of wispy ęther following in the wake of his touch.
    [B][/"I appreciate your enthusiasm and yes, their actions will be their undoing but I'd rather we focus on saving rather than taking lives"B] he told the Weaver
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-16-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by The Weaver View Post
    ...AH AHA A FITTING LABEL THEY WHO HELP KILL AND TEAR AND DESTROY ALL AROUND THEM THIS SUICIDAL SQUADRON WILL FIT THEIR NAMESAKE AND BE MADE UNDONE BY THEIR ACTIONS SLOWLY SURELY DELIBERATELY THEY PROPEL TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN THE END OF THE LINE WHERE THEY CANNOT GO ON THEIR SUICIDE MISSION IS INDEED A CAUSE FOR SUICIDE THEY DO NOT KNOW IT YET BUT THEY SHALL BE BEFALLEN BY THEIR OWN DAGGERS INLAID BY THEIR OWN HANDS IT WILL BE SWEET SONOROUS WHEN THEY SING THEIR PITEOUS FINAL SONGS...

The Weaver moaned his song further, excitedly sketching with a finger on the floor images unknown, tufts of wispy ęther following in the wake of his touch.
    Cautiously approaching the huge arachnid, Dex-Starr reached out a paw and gently touched the aetheric wisps, carefully focusing his mind on the construct he sought to make. "Make trrrap? Like thisss?"

"Catch bad onesss?"
    Last edited by Anodyne; 06-17-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    From what he could see, she was hesitant to trust The Monitor, as he had been. The cosmic being wasn't the best at social interaction, but none of them were.

"I appreciate your spirit, Ultra Rogue. I can understand your skepticism about The Monitor, my comrades and I in The Wanderers felt the same at first, but when we saw the magnanimity of the situation, we put our worries aside to help save reality. While I have no doubt you're powerful, so are our foes. Even with the power coursing through your veins, I can say for sure that I'd handily defeat you if we had to fight. I can't say the same for any member of The Suicide Squad. However, with you and all the others backing us, the scales will definitely tip in our favor" he told Rogue, extending his hand for her to shake. He then eyed a table.
    She shook his hand firmly. Even through the unstable molecules of her gloves, Rogue soon felt a tingling energy sensation.

"You're plenty strong, ah can see that. But if a handsome stranger like you is willin' to vouch for Monitor an' his ladyfriend, ah can't say ah'm inclined to butt heads over it."

Of course, there was always the other way heroes test their strength amongst peers...

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks
    "If you don't believe me, we can arm wrestle. Though considering what happened last time I did that, I dont think The Monitor's satellite will be standing by the time we're done"[/SIZE]
    Ultra Rogue pulled herself a little closer, her hands straightening out the collar on Clark's jacket.

"Tea-an'-Biscuits, if your idea of showin' a girl a good time is arm wrasslin', ah think we're gonna be fast friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post
    Tessa would turn towards the woman next to her. Her facial structure and mannerisms resembled Runaway, but at the same time she was quite different."We would not have been brought here if this was a task fit for one." She stated coldly to Ultra Rogue. "The powerlevels involved would imply a dire threat indeed."
    Rogue shrugged her shoulders.

"Either way, ah ain't worried, but ah s'pose you're right. Only a dozen of us ain't much when it seems like all worlds are in danger."
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-16-2015 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    Clark smiled. "You're right, I am Kryptonian, half to be exact. The different form is due to my mother's genes and a certain period of time where my Father's powers were unstable. I'm guessing the crest of El is well known in your world, Hawkman?"
    "The Kryptonians are people of science, correct? Can't say I am a big advocate of that field, but it is your culture and clearly you have not strayed far away from your traditions. Which, unfortunately, I cannot say the same for some of the upper echelon of Thanagar."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    Rogue shrugged her shoulders.

"Either way, ah ain't worried, but ah s'pose you're right. Only a dozen of us ain't much when it seems like all worlds are in danger."
    "I am worried." Hummingbird said. "There's too few of us here. If the Anti-Monitor is active, then we need the Justice League. The Justice Society. Every superhero available to stop this. Why aren't there more people here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    The Suicide Squad are the definition of mad, Hummingbird. a collection of tyrants, nihilists and broken but powerful people. They are a very dangerous group with nothing to lose"
    "Sounds like the self-serving leeches currently corrupting my home planet.

If I am to return to my world, then this Suicide Squad will face swift Thanagarian justice."
    GLORIOUS!

"You're plenty strong, ah can see that. But if a handsome stranger like you is willin' to vouch for Monitor an' his ladyfriend, ah can't say ah'm inclined to butt heads over it."

Ultra Rogue pulled herself a little closer, her hands straightening out the collar on Clark's jacket.

"Tea-an'-Biscuits, if your idea of showin' a girl a good time is arm wrasslin', ah think we're gonna be fast friends."

]
    Clark chuckled at Rogue's response.

"Well, The Wanderers and I are glad to have you onboard, Ultra Rogue, or should I say 'Country Grammar'?" he joked.

"All jokes aside, we could armwrestle once this is over. But I know the rest of The Wanderers will be glad to have the support of the people gathered here" he told Ultra Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "The Kryptonians are people of science, correct? Can't say I am a big advocate of that field, but it is your culture and clearly you have not strayed far away from your traditions. Which, unfortunately, I cannot say the same for some of the upper echelon of Thanagar."
    "To each their own. Yes, my old man wasn't really into magic. He didn't hate it but yes, I am a man of science like him. I take it from what you say that Tanager's government is a major issue back home" Clark replied

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "I am worried." Hummingbird said. "There's too few of us here. If the Anti-Monitor is active, then we need the Justice League. The Justice Society. Every superhero available to stop this. Why aren't there more people here?"
    "We would like for that to happen but, with The Monitor's power waning and this satellite the only thing that can currently withstand this wave of anti-matter, it's hard to call in more people. This is as desperate a gambit as it gets. The system The Monitor uses to call heroes has gone awry in all this, and my compatriots are the few he could pull before Roy helped and we managed to gather the rest of you as backup" Clark told her, then paused as he looked out at the starry expanse around them

"I understand your worries Hummingbird. I've stared that being in the face, his heralds as well. I've also seen the beings of my universe do their best to persevere and somehow stall the wave in the hope that something that can be done. I came here carrying that hope, and while I will admit to feeling fear, I will act in spite of it to save those dearest to me and those dearest to you and the others here. I hope I'm not asking too much of you to do the same?"

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "We would like for that to happen but, with The Monitor's power waning and this satellite the only thing that can currently withstand this wave of anti-matter, it's hard to call in more people. This is as desperate a gambit as it gets. The system The Monitor uses to call heroes has gone awry in all this, and my compatriots are the few he could pull before Roy helped and we managed to gather the rest of you as backup" Clark told her, then paused as he looked out at the starry expanse around them

"I understand your worries Hummingbird. I've stared that being in the face, his heralds as well. I've also seen the beings of my universe do their best to persevere and somehow stall the wave in the hope that something that can be done. I came here carrying that hope, and while I will admit to feeling fear, I will act in spite of it to save those dearest to me and those dearest to you and the others here. I hope I'm not asking too much of you to do the same?"
    Linda paused, uncertain of what to say. She was in over her head and she knew it. "I ... don't know. I've only been doing this for a few months now. Ever since Wal..."

She stopped herself. "Ever since I was given these powers, I've used them to face street-level threats. Villains with gimmicky weapons like weather wands and cold beams. I know the second Flash gave his life to stop the Anti-Monitor last time, but he had years' worth of experience. I don't know what I can do against a threat this big."

Clark chuckled at Rogue's response. "Well, The Wanderers and I are glad to have you onboard, Ultra Rogue, or should I say 'Country Grammar'?" he joked. "All jokes aside, we could armwrestle once this is over. But I know the rest of The Wanderers will be glad to have the support of the people gathered here"[/COLOR][/B] he told Ultra Rogue
    "Heh. Gonna hold you to it, shug'. That is, assumin' your friends don't make us do some heavy liftin' before then. Ah'll do my best."

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks
    Ah'm sure we ain't so out of sorts that we can't pick up more help along the way," she gave Hummingbird a consoling hand on her shoulder. "Guessin' our homes really are that different. Ah never heard of the Justice Whatevers, but if they're anythin' like the AVENGERS SQUADRON, they're sure 'nuff Earth's Mightiest Heroes."

Ultra Rogue turns back to Clark.

"It's what most of us signed up for when we got into this super-hero stuff, Sparky. Ain't too much to ask. Though ah'll be honest, I'm feelin' a bit outta my element now. Ya'll are talkin' up these scary Anti-Monitor guys an' you bein' a Kryptonian, an' ah have no idea what any of it means.

Gotcher big bads and big goods, that's normally enough, but you sure you grabbed the right girl from the right world?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawklord View Post
    "Sounds like the self-serving leeches currently corrupting my home planet. If I am to return to my world, then this Suicide Squad will face swift Thanagarian justice."
    With a smirk, Rogue knew she certainly wasn't alone in wanting to kick the butt of these mysterious antagonists.

"Now this guy gets it-- Wings, ah like your moxie. Even if ya'll do come off a bit like five-oh."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Linda paused, uncertain of what to say. She was in over her head and she knew it. "I ... don't know. I've only been doing this for a few months now. Ever since Wal..."

She stopped herself. "Ever since I was given these powers, I've used them to face street-level threats. Villains with gimmicky weapons like weather wands and cold beams. I know the second Flash gave his life to stop the Anti-Monitor last time, but he had years' worth of experience. I don't know what I can do against a threat this big."
    Clark placed his hand on Hummingbird's shoulder. Second Flash? Barry Allen by all accounts, and it was a long shot this would be Wilhemina West. Clark deigned against discerning her identity and leveled his eyes with hers.

Hummingbird, I know you feel in over your head, but with the experienced people who are gathered here, myself included, I know you'll be able to help. You possess a great power, one that has divined itself to untold speedsters and allowed them to do amazing things like outrun death and travel through time. I know all about having to fill big shoes, so don't think you're alone dear or that you're not cut out for this. The fact you even wear this suit tells me you're more than ready to be a hero. I have faith in you, you just need to have faith in yourself" he said. Another voice, one from the back and a bit high pitched, scoffed. It came from the rather diminutive Batman, Jimmy Kudo

"Well if she isn't cut out for it then we don't need her! This isn't amateur hour, Superboy! If she can't handle the pressure then she's dead weight to this whole operation! I'm not going to let someone's indecisiveness get in the way of me doing what needs to be done! he said, strolling up to Clark, who looked down and wondered about how of all the things he'd seen in his career and in his travels with The Wanderers, that a boy Batman calling him Superboy was one of the things that left him speechless, if even for a moment.

"A Batman I see, though one that doesn't seem to know about the concepts of compassion or understanding. Hummingbird, please don't listen to him. If you're here, you are someone who can help" he said.

[

Ultra Rogue turns back to Clark.

"It's what most of us signed up for when we got into this super-hero stuff, Sparky. Ain't too much to ask. Though ah'll be honest, I'm feelin' a bit outta my element now. Ya'll are talkin' up these scary Anti-Monitor guys an' you bein' a Kryptonian, an' ah have no idea what any of it means.

Gotcher big bads and big goods, that's normally enough, but you sure you grabbed the right girl from the right world?"

With a smirk, Rogue knew she certainly wasn't alone in wanting to kick the butt of these mysterious antagonists.
    ]
    "Valid question Rogue, but I can tell the heart of a hero beats in Hummingbird's chest. Call it a hunch" he told her with a wink.

"As for the Anti-Monitor, he's a being that can wipe out a universe, and is a threat to not just the universe, the multiverse, but the omniverse. He was born at the beginning of creation, after The Monitor here. For a good while, a good long while, the two were able to match each other and keep things stable, until recently. The Anti-Monitor's influence has spread and lead to the situation we're in now. Each world is destroyed by a tidal wave of antimatter, disintegrating whatever it touches. Now, a Kryptonian is an alien species from the planet Krypton. As Hackman mentioned, they're a very scientific race, though they had religions. In most worlds, the planet blew up because of seismic activity and only one member of the race survived. That was my father, Kal-el, also known as Clark Kent, or Superman" he said, pointing at the S.

"Under a yellow sun, a Kryptonian gains powers far beyond a mortal man. Being that I'm half, I gain energy from suns as well, but I can also manipulate electricity and gained this nice blue hue over my body due to my mother's genes"

"Krpytonian, Avengers Squadron, whatever! I head the Justice Legion and defeated the Nine-Tailed Hulk with a kick, and took down Super Saiyaman with a goal shot! I even have the soccer ball to prove it!" Bat-Kudo said. Clark was thankful he could keep his face straight, because he definitely wanted to ask Roy or Harbinger what The Monitor was thinking by bringing this guy in

"I appreciate your enthusiasm and yes, their actions will be their undoing but I'd rather we focus on saving rather than taking lives"
    ...MISTER SPARKS IS IT NOT THE SAME THE SUICIDE SQUAD'S ACTIONS THREATEN UNTOLD QUADRILLIONS EACH A FACET A SECTION OF THE WORLDFABRIC TO KILL THEM IS TO SAVE NUMBERS BEYOND SCOPE AND MEASUREMENT TO KILL IS TO SAVE THEIR NAMESAKE WILL BE FACT THIS WE MUST PROMISE MISTER SPARKS THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME THE NOTHING-MONITOR MUST DIE SO THAT ALL AND EVERYTHING MAY CONTINUE TO LIVE...

Quote Originally Posted by Dex-Starr View Post
    Cautiously approaching the huge arachnid, Dex-Starr reached out a paw and gently touched the aetheric wisps, carefully focusing his mind on the construct he sought to make. "Make trrrap? Like thisss?"
    "Catch bad onesss?"
    Dex-Starr's construct appeared, and you could say it was a little Weaving all it's own. The Weaver peered down at the wary Red Lantern with great interest, enchanted by the conversation.

...WHY YES HELLO LITTLE PUISSANT PUSSYCAT MY OH MY YOU YOURSELF A WEAVER MY THIS ENERGY THIS WEB YOU WEAVE IT STIRS IT IS AN ANGRY INVIGORATING SCINTILLATING BATTLE-SCAR ON THE WORLDWEAVE LIKE THE HUNTER WATCHING THE BUCKING RHINOCEROS IN THE DISTANCE I AM INTRIGUED AND ENTHRALLED BY THE GREAT RAGE YOU POSSESS AND TAKE PART IN LITTLE WEAVER COME YES LET US CREATE LET OUR ENERGIES MEET...

...WHAT SHALL WE MAKE LITTLE WEAVER WHAT BLUEPRINT SHALL WE LAY...

cats_cradle05.jpg

...MISTER SPARKS IS IT NOT THE SAME THE SUICIDE SQUAD'S ACTIONS THREATEN UNTOLD QUADRILLIONS EACH A FACET A SECTION OF THE WORLDFABRIC TO KILL THEM IS TO SAVE NUMBERS BEYOND SCOPE AND MEASUREMENT TO KILL IS TO SAVE THEIR NAMESAKE WILL BE FACT THIS WE MUST PROMISE MISTER SPARKS THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME THE NOTHING-MONITOR MUST DIE SO THAT ALL AND EVERYTHING MAY CONTINUE TO LIVE...

]
    "They're horrible people, awful beings, but they're people Weaver. Living, breathing beings. We'll stop them and deal with the Anti-Monitor. Besides, killing is the easy way out with these situations. Dealing with The Anti-Monitor, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, Weaver. That part of the story hasn't started yet" Clark told him with a stern look, peering into the Weaver's being.

"They're horrible people, awful beings, but they're people Weaver. Living, breathing beings. We'll stop them and deal with the Anti-Monitor. Besides, killing is the easy way out with these situations. Dealing with The Anti-Monitor, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, Weaver. That part of the story hasn't started yet" Clark told him with a stern look, peering into the Weaver's being.
    The Weaver's many unblinking eyes reflected the light around them like pearls of smooth obsidian glass.

...MANY THINGS LIVE AND MANY THINGS BREATHE DANGEROUS VAST AND DESTRUCTIVE THINGS THIS SHOULD NOT MATTER CLARK SPARKS AZURE CHAMPION BUT I WILL TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT AND IN TURN THE MONITOR'S JUDGEMENT...

...THE VOID-WAVE SWIRLS EVERMORE CLARK SPARKS THIS WAR THIS BATTLE AGAINST THE ANTI-MONITOR BEGAN WHEN HIS CATASTROPHIC MAELSTROM ENVELOPED THE MANY AND MORE I AND WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU AND YOUR WANDERERS IT WOULD NOT HARM TO CONTEMPLATE EVENTUALITIES LIKE THE COMING CONFLICT IT IS CLEAR THAT YOU NEED OUR INPUT OR WE WOULD NOT BE ON THIS VACUUM-VESSEL...

The Weaver's many unblinking eyes reflected the light around them like pearls of smooth obsidian glass.

...MANY THINGS LIVE AND MANY THINGS BREATHE DANGEROUS VAST AND DESTRUCTIVE THINGS THIS SHOULD NOT MATTER CLARK SPARKS AZURE CHAMPION BUT I WILL TRUST YOUR JUDGEMENT AND IN TURN THE MONITOR'S JUDGEMENT...

...THE VOID-WAVE SWIRLS EVERMORE CLARK SPARKS THIS WAR THIS BATTLE AGAINST THE ANTI-MONITOR BEGAN WHEN HIS CATASTROPHIC MAELSTROM ENVELOPED THE MANY AND MORE I AND WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU AND YOUR WANDERERS IT WOULD NOT HARM TO CONTEMPLATE EVENTUALITIES LIKE THE COMING CONFLICT IT IS CLEAR THAT YOU NEED OUR INPUT OR WE WOULD NOT BE ON THIS VACUUM-VESSEL...
    "I know, Weaver, I know. As for contemplating eventualities, I have. It's something that a hero weighs every day they go out, especially with threats like these. Your input and skills are needed though, this is true" Clark told him, looking at the group assembled before him.

Bat-Kudo eyed Weaver suspiciously, right hand on his utility belt.
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-16-2015 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Clark placed a hand on Circe's. His touch was firm, but gentle and warm.

I understand your worry about your subjects, but with time being out of wack, if we succeed then you'll more than likely have been gone an instant. However the other possibility even if we succeed, that time moves on should not worry you. I don't judge you based off the Circe I know, but if you are truly a great leader, your subjects will thrive in your presence. As for locating the Suicide Squad members, I would advise against making contact. A comrade of mine did and well, they've just now recovered. That was several worlds ago. I would like for you and the others to get to know each other, and if you haven't mentally prepare yourself for this crisis"

Circe nodded in recognition of Clark's words, then pulling a wand from it's sheath on her arm, she constructed candles out of thin air. The candles floated in a circle around her as she began to meditate, focusing her energy and thoughts on the impending crisis.