Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Originally posted by superduperman:

DC is finally doing something right? Did I pass through a dimensional portal and didn't notice?

You actually sneezed and at the same moment were hit by the vibrational frequencies of a rogue solar flare from Earth-163521b1-52. It is almost identical to your Earth and sorry to inform you that Trump is still president on this world.
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 06-13-2019 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    With Synder teasing more plans and stuff he wants to do with the JSA Im guessing he's ether done with Justice League after Doom War (which would be a few issues less than the 50 he initially said he had planned) or since books are all going monthly next year he'll be doing both JL and JSA since he'd have the time then.
    I think he'd do both.
    He'd want to stay on JL to keep his profile high.
    And it means he'll be able to cross them over.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if the citizens of the DCU will suddenly remember they existed at the end of Doomsday Clock, or if the original JSA will be transported to the modern world.
    Well Bleedingcool did state around rebirth it would be the original team young again in the present from the past

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I am so glad they're back and I only hope Stargirl, Mr. Terrific, Doc Mid-Nite and Power Girl (my favorite of the bunch) make it back into the roster quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Well Bleedingcool did state around rebirth it would be the original team young again in the present from the past
    If they're going based off Doomsday Clock, the JSA would be from an alternate earth. Characters remembering them would be based on what Manhattan does with the multiverse at the end of the series. Doomsday Clock establishes that they were around in the 1940's, so it would be hard for current DC characters to remember them as most have been de-aged and most likely not around then.

All that is assuming Snyder isn't just ignoring it and doing whatever he wants, though.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Boisterously Confused

Which suggests they could be (essentially) homeless refugees from a world that never was. We'll just have to see.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Lol did Snyder get bored waiting for Geoff Johns or that Doomsday Clock will actually be finished by the time this is out?

Fantastic Member

Is that the Carter Hall we're currently reading or one of his past incarnations brought forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Lol did Snyder get bored waiting for Geoff Johns or that Doomsday Clock will actually be finished by the time this is out?
    I'm just thankful these characters are no longer being held hostage by that mess of a story.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

As much as I really dig Doomsday Clock so far. It was silly for Johns to expect the whole dcu to just wait for him to take his sweet time. So if Garrick is going back to being a native of Earth 0, is Flash Year one going to address that?

Boy, I'll bet that make fans of the 1999-2011 JSA/Justice Society of America ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    As much as I really dig Doomsday Clock so far. It was silly for Johns to expect the whole dcu to just wait for him to take his sweet time. So if Garrick is going back to being a native of Earth 0, is Flash Year one going to address that?
    The problem with this attitude (and OpaqueGiraffe isn't the only one to express it here) is that we don't know what caused all the delays with Doomsday Cluck! We don't know if Geoff Johns was slow in getting the script / outline to Gary Frank, or if Frank drawing more pages than a typical 32-page comic book was a major problem, or if the editorial required changes / rewrites in the middle of everything, or if DC just sat on it's collective a$$ when it came to release dates!!!

Does ANYBODY have a definitive, proven answer (with legitimate sources for any "facts") to that?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Boy, I'll bet that make fans of the 1999-2011 JSA/Justice Society of America ecstatic!
    While I am a pretty big fan of that run and there are characters, such as Pieter Cross and Stargirl that I will miss.........I am just freaking happy to have the JSA coming back. I love Jay, Alan, Ted, etc and how long has it been since Ted Knight has been featured as a part of the team?! So I am pretty excited!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Is that the Carter Hall we're currently reading or one of his past incarnations brought forward?
    That's the million dollar question!

I don't think Hawkman's Rebirth history has been fully clarified yet. Venditti has done a great job expanding on his mythos and giving him a new origin that sort of encompasses all the previous disparate versions of the character. But we've barely got to know what Carter Hall's history as Hawkman currently looks like. Did he debut during the Justice League era or during WW2? How much of past Hawkman continuity is still intact? And where exactly does Katar Hol fit in?

The way Venditti's run has shaped up, and given Doomsday Clock revelations, here are the likely possibilities:

1. JSA Carter is a past life of Rebirth Carter. In the 'correct' timeline, he became Hawkman in 1940 and was part of the JSA. After Manhattan tampered with history, he didn't become Hawkman, died at some point, and was eventually reincarnated as the current version of Carter Hall who became Hawkman at some point in the last 15 years. Its possible that Rebirth Carter remembers the 'original' version of this particular past life given recent developments in his series.

2. Manhattan's changes tampered with Carter's history and 'brought him forward' in time, much like how Superman's origins kept getting brought forward in time by various timeline-altering events. Carter's history was altered such that, in this particular life, instead of being born in the 1910's, he was born around 35-40 years ago, and made his debut as Hawkman decades later. JSA Carter is thus essentially a previous timeline version of Rebirth Carter - much like the Golden Age Superman now is to Rebirth Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I wonder if Venditti will do a tie-in arc where Carter remembers when he and Shiera were on the JSA.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    that's the million dollar question!

I don't think hawkman's rebirth history has been fully clarified yet. Venditti has done a great job expanding on his mythos and giving him a new origin that sort of encompasses all the previous disparate versions of the character. But we've barely got to know what carter hall's history as hawkman currently looks like. Did he debut during the justice league era or during ww2? How much of past hawkman continuity is still intact? And where exactly does katar hol fit in?

The way venditti's run has shaped up, and given doomsday clock revelations, here are the likely possibilities:

1. Jsa carter is a past life of rebirth carter. In the 'correct' timeline, he became hawkman in 1940 and was part of the jsa. After manhattan tampered with history, he didn't become hawkman, died at some point, and was eventually reincarnated as the current version of carter hall who became hawkman at some point in the last 15 years. Its possible that rebirth carter remembers the 'original' version of this particular past life given recent developments in his series.

2. Manhattan's changes tampered with carter's history and 'brought him forward' in time, much like how superman's origins kept getting brought forward in time by various timeline-altering events. Carter's history was altered such that, in this particular life, instead of being born in the 1910's, he was born around 35-40 years ago, and made his debut as hawkman decades later. Jsa carter is thus essentially a previous timeline version of rebirth carter - much like the golden age superman now is to rebirth superman.
    a big thank you. Both sound good to me