Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default New Teen Titans Special Announced (Prelude to new ongoing?)

Looks to be a prelude to a new teen titans book, starring kid flash(Wally II),robin(Damian) & red arrow(Emiko). Written by Adam Glass, no other info yet.

https://twitter.com/AdamGlass44/stat...46667071066112

BANNED

is there really a statue of Batman, Flash, and Green Arrow somewhere in the DCU

Giving Damian his own generation huh? Im cool with it, as long as I get Young Justice (with the 03-10 TT characters).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Im game. I wanted them to just start a new generation with Damian from the beginning.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

While the only one I like in this group is the new Wally, I don't mind this group getting their own team/book as long as it doesn't mean that Dick, Donna, Wally I, Roy, Garth, Tim, Cassie, Conner, and Bart get killed, retired, or erased from continuity.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Who else could be in this generation along with those three and Jon? I really like the idea, they should have done this sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Who else could be in this generation along with those three and Jon? I really like the idea, they should have done this sooner.
    Maya Ducard aka Nobody... Don't know who else though.

I think, if they were going to give Damian his own Titans team, then it needs to be with his own generation instead of cribbing from Dick's. So on that front I'm good on this.

I'm guessing from the destroyed statues that this new Titans team is going to be very "rebellious."

Also, Emiko really feels like she should've gone by Speedy now, but at least that still leaves some Hope for Mia .
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    is there really a statue of Batman, Flash, and Green Arrow somewhere in the DCU
    And Batman's in his Rebirth costume, so this had to be recently constructed .
    Nobody? I guess the Tanya Spears Power Girl.

Jackson/Aqualad too, but I have a feeling he won't be in this.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Maya Ducard aka Nobody... Don't know who else though.
    Jon's friend kathy? Aqualad is about the same age as the rest of them, so he should be considered in this generation as well.

Didn't this guy write a pretty bad Suicide Squad run? My hopes for a better TT book aren't really high.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Jon's friend kathy? Aqualad is about the same age as the rest of them, so he should be considered in this generation as well.
    I recall in Tomasi/Gleason's Superman they teased a Justice League-like future with Jon, Kathy, and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think, if they were going to give Damian his own Titans team, then it needs to be with his own generation instead of cribbing from Dick's. So on that front I'm good on this.

I'm guessing from the destroyed statues that this new Titans team is going to be very "rebellious."
    I can see that. Teen Titans are the young and rebellious super hero team doing their own thing, while Young Justice is the by the books, under the Leagues mentorship super hero team (and black ops team like the animated series). Titans can go off and be irrelevant lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Agreed, but I just really want Damian to actually acknowledge that the Teen Titans were actually Dick's team once... it feels so weird that they've basically never spoken about that. They were Batman and Robin... yet Dick and Damian have never even considered the fact that Damian is following in his footsteps? As if the Titans and the Teen Titans are completely separate entities. Just feels weird to read. It's weird enough not seeing Tim and Damian speaking about it after Tim's return.

But yeah, these three, with Aqualad, Power Girl, Kathy, and Maya? Sounds pretty great, tbh. I hope we see Blue Beetle, too, it's not so great knowing he's not really around right now...
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 03-12-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Agreed, but I just really want Damian to actually acknowledge that the Teen Titans were actually Dick's team once... it feels so weird that they've basically never spoken about that. They were Batman and Robin... yet Dick and Damian have never even considered the fact that Damian is following in his footsteps? As if the Titans and the Teen Titans are completely separate entities. Just feels weird to read. It's weird enough not seeing Tim and Damian speaking about it after Tim's return.
    And despite their history we never really see Dick and Kori talk about being on two different Titans teams or the fact that she's leading the team at this point.

Though if Damian is getting a new team, it does beg the question where Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy will end up.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Aqualad is this generation